3 8.82%
  • 3/5

4 11.76%
  • 4/5

1 2.94%
  • 5/5

6 17.65%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I didn't even notice Prometheus leaving mama to take the brunt of that discharge at first. Or the way she landed headfirst on him

Hohohoho, you might argue everything else can be explained but that is outright comical. No way her reputation can be saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    honest answer: women character

although I don't expect his power level consistencies to be great going forward, I'm still convinced he would never do this to Kaidou, Shanks, Admiral level fighters, etc.

I think the nature of her character is the biggest reason for it, "Big Meme" is a really apt name
    Nah I'm pretty confident Kaidou and his crew are also getting this awful treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by IWillSuckYouDickForRep View Post
    Nah I'm pretty confident Kaidou and his crew are also getting this awful treatment.
    They're definitely going to get disrespected, his crew might get a bit humiliated. But Oda is going for a super serious vibe with Kaidou. At worst it'll be like Dofla with the PIS stuff, but he can't possibly make him the butt of a bad joke like Big Meme

- - - Updated - - -

Man, this is really the case of a chapter being WORSE than the spoiler. Jinbei literally was matching her

Naught to do but laugh. There's nothing else to say that this chapter hasn't said already.
    Last edited by Pacifista; 12-29-2017 at 04:01 AM.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

Man, it's really telling that people let power levels go to their head here. This was an awesome chapter but people can't see beyond their own preconceived ideas of how a fight should go to appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by damage3245 View Post
    Man, it's really telling that people let power levels go to their head here. This was an awesome chapter but people can't see beyond their own preconceived ideas of how a fight should go to appreciate it.

There was nothing awesome about it, her consistently embarrassing performance breaks all dramatic tension and sense of consequence. You can't have a proper villain if they're not a serious threat. That's what it boils down to.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not to say weak characters can't have their moment against stronger characters, but it should be portrayed as a very dangerous situation that could have horrible consequence. The crew fighting Oars/Moria is a good example of this.

But the moment Big Mom jumped on the ship everyone collectively said "Yup they'll be absolutely fine" because the writing has been atrocious.

There was nothing awesome about it, her consistently embarrassing performance breaks all dramatic tension and sense of consequence. You can't have a proper villain if they're not a serious threat. That's what it boils down to.
    She was a serious threat to the Sunny. It took multiple Straw Hats working together just to get her off the ship so they can run away. The greatest damage they managed to do was turning her own weapon against her.

Oh man, let's get away from this arc and hope Oda can regain some of his old magic.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by damage3245 View Post
    Power level consistency is important in an action/adventure battle manga...
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    Power level consistency is important in an action/adventure battle manga...
    It looks pretty consistent to me. They only managed to drive her off temporarily. They barely hurt her.

Screw it. I'm going to have to start calling her meme now too. That is all she is. A meme. Hilariously terrible.

Oda wants to have his cake and eat it too. Im usually one to defend him, but god this is bad.

Can't have a chase with Big Mom pursuing the SH's without plot armor keeping her from catching up, but now, for whatever reason, he wants her to actually do something besides slowly chasing the Sunny and looking menacing, so what's the solution? A different flavor of plot armor, a dumber one that nerfs her because reasons, which lets Oda have this mess of a chapter while maintaining that Big Mom's full strength is that of a Yonko, even though she hasn't done shit to demonstrate it.

This is probably another result of poor arc planing on Oda's part, which is why its really sad that he wont be taking the long break that OP desperately needs.

The only acceptable part is Jinbe. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post

The only acceptable part is Jinbe. Nothing else.
    What did you think about the art in this chapter. Was it off for you too?

Can you point out where it looks off?

Quote Originally Posted by convict View Post
    Screw it. I'm going to have to start calling her meme now too. That is all she is. A meme. Hilariously terrible.
    It's not just Big Mom. All the Yonkers will be embarassed in the same way

next up is Cry-do

I think the nature of her character is the biggest reason for it, "Big Meme" is a really apt name
    Quote Originally Posted by convict View Post
    Good

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHA WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SHIT?!

Oda is actually embracing the Big Meme, what a time to be alive

This ushers in a new age for PH. One where instead of turning against one another, we all turn against Oda.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
    BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHA WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SHIT?!

Oda is actually embracing the Big Meme, what a time to be alive
    prepare for more yonker L's

Cry-Do and Beg-Beard