Is there favoritism in handing out roles?

Feels like it sometimes

When's the last time someone like Ava or Ultra was a vanilla villager or mafia vanilla?

Should we expect hosts to reveal the RNG screenshot post-game with a timestamp?

Thanks to Cake~

Quote Originally Posted by Kong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You were made to be a TMF poster. You have the right temperament and can exchange insults with anyone. I know the majority of the site hates your entrails, but that just makes you more of a Temeffian to me.

I honestly think it's up to a the mod how they want to hand out roles. In a fair, non-bastard game, they should be randomized.

The Commander From Hell

When have I ever played a game where there were vanilla roles?

I'll wait.

Roles were handed out randomly in my last game

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feels like it sometimes

When's the last time someone like Ava or Ultra was a vanilla villager or mafia vanilla?

Should we expect hosts to reveal the RNG screenshot post-game with a timestamp?
    Some players can only make an impact when they get the overpowered roles.

there can be and it's not always wrong, although abusing it might lead to corruption of games as people will start to regularly think too meta.

in general i think full rng MUST be the start for any fair game, but the host can feel free to retouch a few assignations if they think some of them might hurt the game. A newbie at the first arms getting the most complicated role of the setup, for example.

as crispin said, i start my games by randomizing, and then i handpick a few roles where needed. there's simply some players that you can't place on some role archetypes. however, if i re-assign roles, i always give them the faction they already randed (for example, if i re-assign doc XYZ a role, they will still be town no matter what).

i do sometimes let players give me suggestions for their abilities, however i never breach the integrity of the game doing so and usually i just assign them a finished role that fits their suggestions as opposed to creating an entire role from scratch using their suggestions.

i dont have a problem with the mods selecting roles

say you set up the roles in such a way, and you want the game to revolve around some kind of dynamic, the mod might have some players in mind who would be suitable for pushing the game in that direction

its probably best to avoid giving players with less experience the more important roles aswell

in what game were there vanilla roles and power roles, and the power roles only went to experienced players?

Probably to some extent, depends on the host.

I think sometimes hosts will make sure a "power player" gets an interesting role to make sure the game runs smoothly, or at least more interestingly.