Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    But I believe the power element is what makes it rape tho. Its the dynamics of the situation, not exactly "consent" when it comes to a young teen.
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    Not sure what the confusion is. A 13 year old knows full well what they are doing. You can make the argument that he was manipulated and that there was a power element and I would probably agree, but he still knew full well what was going on and that he shouldn't have done it. It's not rape unless the teacher actually physically forced him.

A 13 year old is very different from, say, a 6 year old.
    Alright so I guess you don't consider statutory rape as rape because it's not physically forced. But that's really your own personal take on things. Statutory rape is literally just defined as sex with a minor below the age of consent whether it's forced or not. You could say "but that shouldn't be called rape", but that's an argument over definition. What I'm trying to say is the kid is obviously still a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bannon View Post
    But I believe the power element is what makes it rape tho. Its the dynamics of the situation, not exactly "consent" when it comes to a young teen.

That's the same rhetoric used nowadays to expand the meaning of rape so that anyone can accuse anyone of rape. It's a very slippery slope. It's what allowed some actresses to yell rape or molestation for consensual activity, taking attention away from the actresses that were actually violated. Or some women to yell rape because they had drunk sex. Rape has a specific definition. Unless a person was physically forced or life and limb was threatened it's not rape. A person being pressured but consenting when they could have said no without them or a loved one being hurt is not rape

We need to start holding people accountable for their own actions. In this case the teacher for doing what she did and the student for consenting. A 13 year old isn't a little kid and shouldn't be treated like a little kid. They are mentally mature and are capable of making decisions on their own. There's no evidence, scientific or otherwise, that states 13 year olds are as clueless as some people make them out to be. Mental issues aside obviously.

Yes, the teacher is more blameworthy than the student but the student still knew what was going on.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    Alright so I guess you don't consider statutory rape as rape because it's not physically forced. But that's really your own personal take on things. Statutory rape is literally just defined as sex with a minor below the age of consent whether it's forced or not. You could say "but that shouldn't be called rape", but that's an argument over definition. What I'm trying to say is the kid is obviously still a victim.
    My point was having the word rape in there implies it's impossible for anyone under the age of consent to actually consent. The deeper implication being that people below the age of consent aren't mentally capable of consenting. It just makes no sense, it's the complete opposite of how human beings work. We are sexually mature after puberty. 13 year olds are sexually interested in one another but we pretend otherwise when it comes to cases like this.

Yes, he's a victim. But he's also a consenting victim and not a victim of rape.
    No.​

That's the same rhetoric used nowadays to expand the meaning of rape so that anyone can accuse anyone of rape. It's a very slippery slope. It's what allowed some actresses to yell rape or molestation for consensual activity, taking attention away from the actresses that were actually violated. Or some women to yell rape because they had drunk sex. Rape has a specific definition. Unless a person was physically forced or life and limb was threatened it's not rape. A person being pressured but consenting when they could have said no without them or a loved one being hurt is not rape

We need to start holding people accountable for their own actions. In this case the teacher for doing what she did and the student for consenting. A 13 year old isn't a little kid and shouldn't be treated like a little kid. They are mentally mature and are capable of making decisions on their own. There's no evidence, scientific or otherwise, that states 13 year olds are as clueless as some people make them out to be. Mental issues aside obviously.

Yes, the teacher is more blameworthy than the student but the student still knew what was going on.
    There are laws specifically in place that state otherwise. A 13 year old can't do things like smoke, drink or die for their country, therefore they don't have the capacity to make adult decisions, such as consentual sex.

I knew what sex was at 13, but feeling peer pressure to be "cool" and sleep with a teacher is something thats still very real.

In the middle ages, 13 was an acceptable age for marriage and kids because our life span was shorter. We have a much longer lifespan and have determined that laws set in place is the accurate amount.

You don't have to agree with those laws, and thats fine, but it does determine, from a legal standpoint that a "13 year olds consent" is the same as buying beach front property in Utah.
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

My point was having the word rape in there implies it's impossible for anyone under the age of consent to actually consent. The deeper implication being that people below the age of consent aren't mentally capable of consenting. It just makes no sense, it's the complete opposite of how human beings work. We are sexually mature after puberty. 13 year olds are sexually interested in one another but we pretend otherwise when it comes to cases like this.

Yes, he's a victim. But he's also a consenting victim and not a victim of rape.
    13 isn't after puberty even, it's pretty early. Obviously sexual interest shouldn't be the mark of when someone should be able to consent, because that can stretch to as early as 11.

I guess I consider a form of coercion rape because abusing a position of power and authority is definitely a form of force. For example you said the kid should know it's wrong to have sex with the teacher. What's not so obvious is that it's alright to say no, because it might be unimaginably uncomfortable to turn down a request from an adult when you're that young.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bannon View Post
    There are laws specifically in place that state otherwise. A 13 year old can't do things like smoke, drink or die for their country, therefore they don't have the capacity to make adult decisions, such as consentual sex.

I knew what sex was at 13, but feeling peer pressure to be "cool" and sleep with a teacher is something thats still very real.

In the middle ages, 13 was an acceptable age for marriage and kids because our life span was shorter. We have a much longer lifespan and have determined that laws set in place is the accurate amount.

You don't have to agree with those laws, and thats fine, but it does determine, from a legal standpoint that a "13 year olds consent" is the same as buying beach front property in Utah.
    The law isn’t indicative of what’s right and wrong. A 13 year old ain’t allowed by law to do the things you mentioned by law but that doesn’t change the fact that they are mentally capable of making those choices. If a 13 year old chooses to drink that is on them for choosing to do so. If they consent to sexual activity that’s on them too.

Thats not true. The reason 13ish year olds married, had kids etc was because that’s when we are capable of doing so mentally and physically. It had nothing to do with life expectancy. The only reason young teenagers are so immature and irresponsible nowadays is because we treat them like little children. The whole concept of teenagers is a very recent one. In reality you’re mentally an adult after puberty. Yes the brain is still developing but that keeps happening until old age.

Yes, from a legal standpoint depending on the local laws. Though my argument was never from the legal standpoint I do agree with you here.
    No.​

So Pops' age of consent is well at 13?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    13 isn't after puberty even, it's pretty early. Obviously sexual interest shouldn't be the mark of when someone should be able to consent, because that can stretch to as early as 11.

I guess I consider a form of coercion rape because abusing a position of power and authority is definitely a form of force. For example you said the kid should know it's wrong to have sex with the teacher. What's not so obvious is that it's alright to say no, because it might be unimaginably uncomfortable to turn down a request from an adult when you're that young.
    Should be able to consent and have the ability to consent are different things. This kid knew what he was doing. He’s sexually mature and has no mental impediment. There is no reason he shouldn’t be blamed for his own actions.

Pressure and rape are not the same thing. We need to stop expanding the definition of rape. By your own logic a man shouldn’t be held accountable for cheating if he was seduced by a celebrity. Pressure is no excuse. It maybe makes it understandable, but it’s not an excuse. Unless you were physically forced or something like the life of a loved one was threatened it’s not rape. By expanding the definition of rape your removing blame from one person and shifting it to another.
    Last edited by Pimp of Pimps; 12-28-2017 at 11:53 AM.
    No.​

Pedo of Pedos

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!