What determines which things equalize?

Rather not get too off topic in the the other thread so I'm making this one.

Plus feel like this could be of help to anyone sort of new to the battledome setting.

The OP of the thread can state what is equalized.

If they don't, then assume things aren't equalized.

At least, that's the way I look at it.

Of course they need to work in a similar fashion to equalize but what other things are necessary for stuff like Quirks to equalize with Magic or Haki equalizing with Reiatsu?

i think he means equalizing the source of powers, effectivenes of abilities and so on

e.g.: if someone has soulsteal and the opponent is from a verse with humans but its focused on less supernatural abilities

would soul steal still be an option? the regular approach would be -> soul steal worked on humans in his verse so people from another verse need defense against it

counter argument would be: who said the human in this verse even have souls? where is the proof that souls even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by damage3245 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The OP of the thread can state what is equalized.

If they don't, then assume things aren't equalized.

At least, that's the way I look at it.
    Hm that's a good way to look at it.

But verse equalization is usually a standard with things we know to be very similar to each other to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    i think he means equalizing the source of powers, effectivenes of abilities and so on

e.g.: if someone has soulsteal and the opponent is from a verse with humans but its focused on less supernatural abilities

would soul steal still be an option? the regular approach would be -> soul steal worked on humans in his verse so people from another verse need defense against it

counter argument would be: who said the human in this verse even have souls? where is the proof that souls even exist?
    Hm yeah similar to this.

Quriks work on a genetic level.

The Sharingan is a genetic quirk of the Uchiha.

Therefore All for One could steal a Sharingan? Possibly.

Verse equalization is a really rough area with no perfect consensus. If you equalized Quirks to Chakra; then ninjas wouldn't even be able to walk on walls if Aizawa looks at them. A sharingan wouldn't be able to copy a Quirk, but it may replicate the effects of what someone does with a Quirk like Endeavour making a fire-spear.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Verse equalization works on only with those a source of powers like, Ki, Chakra, Nen, Reiatsu, Haki, Magic etc. I dont see why those should be equalized with the biological abilities like Devil Fruits, Quirks, Black Matter(as its part of their body in NNT). Unless the other verse has biological abilities.

I thought it has been like this from the beginning?

Abilities that has energy sources should equalize (Chakra, Reiatsu, Magic, etc)
    Abilities that works on a genetic level should equalize (Devil Fruit, Quirks, etc)

A character whose abilities that work on a genetic level fights against a character whose abilities that relies on energy resources should not get equalized.
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao

[/spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/MW5gyad.gif[/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by Meng Hao View Post
    Abilities that has energy sources should equalize (Chakra, Reiatsu, Magic, etc)
    Abilities that works on a genetic level should equalize (Devil Fruit, Quirks, etc)

A character whose abilities that work on a genetic level fights against a character whose abilities that relies on energy resources should not get equalized.
    Pretty much this.

Honestly, I wanna touch on this too.

Mainly for things like we have in FT or SDS where we have abilities that scale to a character's level of magic, or energy equivalent, a series like MHA or OP that don't possess an energy to fit as the same as Magic shouldn't get that whole "Doesn't work on characters with more energy Power source" than the user.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

@Teo ;

Seriously though

I feel like series like MHA and OP who don't have an energy source to equalize don't get the "Only works up to a certain level" abilities that are gauged via amount of "Insert Series energy type" dictated

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!