• 4/5

3 20.00%
  • 5/5

2 13.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That should be obvious to people by now tbh
    and what will you gonna do if thats not the case?

I say, why dont we see how things turns out first, then we decide

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    and what will you gonna do if thats not the case?

I say, why dont we see how things turns out first, then we decide

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Did you have anything in mind that included good writing or just the usual?
    Not sure what you're asking. Just stating the panels had Pudding going heart eyes over him and the immediate next panel is him thinking of Nami. Subplot between the 3 seems clear. You don't have to like the development but Oda had him think of Nami to extend the subplot.
    Last edited by Dayum; 12-23-2017 at 11:25 PM.

What do you guys think about Pudding?

My thoughts are... she has two personalities, one is light and one is dark. The dark one comes out when she is highly emotional-- often to protect the light one. This first began when she was a child and was criticized for having an odd body part (the eye). (self-defense mechanism).

So, the dark one remembers all the bad things-- and, the light one does not. I believe this skews her perception, and this is the main reason for why she can't develop her supernatural powers surrounding the Third Eye.

---

To elaborate, the Third Eye may be based on Super Insight (for lack of better words). But, in order to use that physical adaptation she needs to merge the two personalities into one being (non-clouded perception).

Does that seem about right?

Sounds good to me except that the light one also knows her past and she says she fakes and loves to atc.

To awaken her power she probably needs to accept herself

- - - Updated - - -

I also wonder if Pudding is gonna join the strawhats because of that panel that saif "Pudding is our angel but the cake is traveling in Beges ship" she might be considered a traitor
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Yeah, she does say those things. Doesn't she.

To what extent does her light and dark personalities actually interfere with one another? I would really like to examine the time's she has remembered things a little more.. how she behaves, and when..

Acceptance of her own truths seems to be at its core.

To put that into perspective... when she talked to Sanji after seeing him catch her from falling she went between the two personalities, didn't she? Except... one behaved as if she was completely smitten with him, and the other behaved as though she were about to kill him. If I remember correctly.

I'm pretty sure it might be important to consider her Devil Fruit ability and whether or not it's at play in this as well, and to what extent.

Is there three factors? Her light and dark sides, and the ability to manipulate memories? Confusing... I'm starting to think her two personalities might have been caused by the use of the Devil fruit, now. But, that's just a passing thought that would need more consideration.

---

I'm only bringing this all up because I'm convinced she's going to Awaken her Third Eye at some point during this arc. I'd, actually, be rather disappointed if she didn't.

So, it only seems to be a matter of time. But, I'm wondering what will trigger it.

---

If anyone wants to discuss this further... I might want to talk about how Pudding's Devil Fruit may have affected her own memory and in-turn her personality.

There seem to be times when... she manipulated memories while in her Dark Form... and, this affected how the Light Form perceived them later. But, I'd have to examine how she manipulated her own memories further in other cases to be thorough.
    Last edited by Mcguint; 12-24-2017 at 12:31 AM.