0 0%
  • 3/5

0 0%
  • 4/5

5 45.45%
  • 5/5

6 54.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If they kill 3 generals in the right flank that would pretty much be GG for Zhao, so I doubt that will happen. I don't see more than one death happening on this day of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shin should throw it away and buy a new one then
    Ouki would be rolling in his grave

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Ouhon going back for Banyou isn't something I hold against him. Might not have been the most rational move in that situation, but that's still the Vice Captain of his unit and someone Ouhon shares a lot of history with.
    While perfectly understandable on an emotional level, I would have deemed it more in character if Ouhon was very sad and angry by the prospect of losing his old friend/father-figure, yet well aware that if he were to turn back into the trap and die here, it would pretty much mean gg for his unit, thus his battlefield, thus the campaign and the whole unification stuff. Can't make it without sacrifices.

Unless of course Banyou is of such importance leading the unit once Ouhon is busy dueling/leading the front that losing Banyou = fucked up unit.

I wouldn't be upset to see Shin jumping back into a dangerous situation to save En in a similar scenario.
    Well, at least for En we know that his death would not mean the incapacitation of the HSU. Switch En with Ten and no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    Well, at least for En we know that his death would not mean the incapacitation of the HSU. Switch En with Ten and no problem.
    I used En as an example because he would be the best parallel for Banyou in this scenario, being a lieutenant and a valuable member of the unit who has a long history with Shin but not someone who will be a massive blow to the squad if they die, I wouldn't be upset for Shin going into a dangerous scenario for En.

Swapping En for Kyoukai or Ten wouldn't fit as a comparison because then there's no grey area to the decision, losing them would severely cripple the squad so of course they'd have to do everything possible to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    Oh and thanks gn0x for the chapter (it'd be great if you could add the mention group next time too ) once again, your reactivity is bamboozling
    I don't know how to do it

Yea the Earl Shi's men comparison is odd. Nothing suggests his troops were even better than Rinko's. It was Earl Shi himself that was deadly.

Using Rinko's troops even would be a much better comparison though I guess Earl Shi is a bigger name and more recent.

Gyou'un would have been more impressive if Bananji and Gakuei had held back and the snakehead duo overwhelmed the Qin on their lonesome. As it is a 4v2 is nearly unwinnable to begin with and speaks more about Ouhon and Akou that it took this much to overwhelm them.0

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Yea the Earl Shi's men comparison is odd. Nothing suggests his troops were even better than Rinko's. It was Earl Shi himself that was deadly.

Using Rinko's troops even would be a much better comparison though I guess Earl Shi is a bigger name and more recent.
    Kanjou wasn't in the unit since Rinko days and only since Earl Shi

There's no other unit more impressive than Earl Shi that they face since then

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Being stronger than Eishi's army doesn't mean much for me tbh. They were never hyped back then.

I didn't see a single post shit on Ouhon in the spoiler thread lol. Lets be fair though - if Shin went back in to save someone at the risk of his units life, he would be called an idiot and a reference to Tou abandoning Kanou and Rokuomi would be made.

- - - Updated - - -

A general rule of thumb seems to be a huge % of posts in spoiler threads tend to be shown as nonsense by the time the actual chapter comes out lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffee View Post
    I read the first few comments in spoiler thread and thought Gyouun got oneshotted or something. He just got even more hype.
    Considering that the first post (or one of the first posts) was literally "RIP Gyouun", its easily to be mislead.

But its good that Gyouun was not one-shotted to that degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    That arrival. That hype.
    That save. That glorious save. Detail to both Kyoukai and Shin.

Quote Originally Posted by Li_Xin View Post
    Uhh, so why is OuHon pissed when Shin just saved his adjutant?

Anyways, I would've preferred if he died. We can assume BanYou raised OuHon since OuSen was never there, right? It would be nice to see growth from OuHon.
    Considering that Ouhon thinks that Shin is nothing more than a slave.....

Shin saved the old man when he couldn't. And its even more bitter because the old man raised Ouhon, and I do agree, the old man dying would have made Ouhon grow a bit more.

I think its also a fair comparison to make that Mougou/Mouten and Banyou/Ouhon are obviously the paternal figures compared to Mobou/Ousen

Ouhon going back for Banyou isn't something I hold against him. Might not have been the most rational move in that situation, but that's still the Vice Captain of his unit and someone Ouhon shares a lot of history with. I wouldn't be upset to see Shin jumping back into a dangerous situation to save En in a similar scenario.

Shin got a good moment this chapter, hopefully he can keep it up and have a strong showing on this battlefield before being pulled back to center.

I found that part rather odd as well. The Eishi army was considered dangerous because Eishi himself was an incredible warrior and fairly capable commander, they never really highlighted his men being a cut above the rest from what a recall, the most dangerous thing about them was that they had chariots.
    My understanding of Earl SHi is that he was a massive tough nut whereas his army was rather average. Tough, sure, but a lot of that is because of Earl Shi.

But then again the boiggest problem with Earl Shi is that he was introduced as this formidable beast with an epic history of killing 60% of his companions and then just one-shoted in one campaign. Going back the hype is not that fantastic.

On Ouhon saving Banyou:
    It clearly the one moment that Ouhan has practically broken/fractured his persona. But that is to be expected as BanYou seems to be the most trusted individual given he practically raised Ouhan. Which again I will reference towards the Mouten/Mougou relationship.

I used En as an example because he would be the best parallel for Banyou in this scenario, being a lieutenant and a valuable member of the unit who has a long history with Shin but not someone who will be a massive blow to the squad if they die, I wouldn't be upset for Shin going into a dangerous scenario for En.

Swapping En for Kyoukai or Ten wouldn't fit as a comparison because then there's no grey area to the decision, losing them would severely cripple the squad so of course they'd have to do everything possible to save them.
    After checking the wiki Banyou is the vice captain of the Gyoku Hou Unit - so I think his loss would severly cripple the GHU, or at least hinder Ouhon from breaking away freely with a small detachment.
    En on the other hand... was it ever stated how many men he leads? Massive blow... feelings aside it depends on the situation.

So I guess I find peace with Ouhon going back out of personal attachment and GHU being threatened by a terrible loss.
    Last edited by say-and-sing; 12-22-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by say-and-sing View Post
    After checking the wiki Banyou is the vice captain of the Gyoku Hou Unit - so I think his loss would severly cripple the GHU, or at least hinder Ouhon from breaking away freely with a small detachment.
    En on the other hand... was it ever stated how many men he leads? Massive blow... feelings aside it depends on the situation.

So I guess I find peace with Ouhon going back out of personal attachment and GHU being threatened by a terrible loss.
    Both of them dont have a specified number of men but when Ouhon dettached to go flank Bananji he trusted the remainings to Banyou who lead their retreat and En is responsible for the men when Shin is dueling like vs Gaimou, he is also a man the commoners of HSU look after. En would be quite a loss too.

seems like gyou`un have already a plan to deal with ouhon
    maybe due to the CGR advice
    i really like when hara show us the chars "compreension and perspective of BF" like, Akou and Ouhon thinking about basic formation or when ouhon realizes that he felt in a trap due to enemy formation.

i love this chapter, but i really found Meh when Shin and Kyoukai popping up out of nowhere to save gramps