• 3/5

0 0%
  • 4/5

5 45.45%
  • 5/5

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Terrible.
    Not the chapter of course, it was good, Gyou Un's hype is being cemented, the Zhao are getting fired up which makes them more likable and reinforces the fact that Riboku made a good call and managed to not only restore but even boost morale, seeing Akou and Ouhon thinking about classical formation maneuvers was a nice touch and we get Ousen's answer to Riboku's move all in a single chapter. There was no single huge thing but overall it's a fast pace, and some very interesting things happened both at the level of the on field commanders and in the mastermind showdown between Riboku and Ousen.
    Yet nearly everyone is commenting on how people are too easy-going with Ouhon compared to Shin. Make a topic and discuss this in this topic, it's polluting every discussion. The worst is that it doesn't come from troll members, you guys make interesting posts usually but now all I can see are ways to speculate on how woikurus would've acted if Shin had been in Ouhon's stead (and you're reaching btw, it's very different from when Shin went running after Riboku, I certainly wouldn't complain if Shin went back into an enemy unit to rescue Kyoukai or Ten, and they don't even have the same bond as Ouhon and Banyou)

Quote Originally Posted by Baragan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think ousen has sent 3000 men of the hishin unit. if the three younglings are able to send three generals in the afterlife by the 4th day, then the tide will start changing in qins favour. right now i highly doubt riboku has any extra past-kisui level commanders unlike ousen who still allegedly has people who are capable. infact i am interested to see what denrimi has to offer
    He surely dont, we already saw all of his commanders

Oh and thanks gn0x for the chapter (it'd be great if you could add the mention group next time too ) once again, your reactivity is bamboozling

Anyway, it seems that Gyou Un's unit really is a cut above the rest even without relying on Gyou Un himself. Feels like the are an upgraded version of Rinko, with a very well trained unit of hardened veterans and an officer with great martial prowess. If, as some others suggested already, it devolves into a 2 on 1 vs Gyou Un I hope he either wins and gets killed by Kyoukai later (@Ascott to answer what you said in the spoiler thread, Ryuutou clearly wasn't a decent opponent as far as martial ability is concerned) or that it's a real team effort that takes him down with both of them looking good but realizing that they're not up there yet

There's no way Kyoukai will be the one finishing him.

And I think Ouhon should return to his unit now, he only got out cause there was nobody else. He should take back command of GHU and try to finish Bananji, if he manages then the table will be turned for good

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Even the fact that Ouhon got caught in the most simple of traps is ok
    bit of a difference between Ouhon getting caught in a trap by a hilariously advantaged enemy (literally a 4v2 situation where just Chou+Gyou'un would have been a tough fight) in a situation where he made mostly the right calls as established by Akou and Kanjou, in an arc where he's generally been on fire

as opposed to shin being either making gaffes or just made to look like an idiot by Hara this whole arc

btw what if bananji, cgr and gyou'un die leaving behind gakuei. how ironical will that be.

Shin and Ouhon slaying the snakehead duo seems the most likely scenario atm. I think Bananji will survive this just so Riboku has at least one vassal left who isn't a complete joke. Gakuei probably sticks around like a cockroach to annoy people.

With all the matchups settled he should focus back on left wing a little, it feels bad that Mouten is doing nothing

- "living relics"... and yet I fear for Gakuei being saved by Hara so that he may become one as well
    - Ousen slightly concerned? oh the hype
    - talking smack about Earl Shi? how dare they!

Seeing Ouhon turning around to escape the trap... sweet
    Yet I don't know how I feel about Ouhon turning around when there was no decent chance of saving Banyou... feelings alright, but to still dive in for someone while normaly being so composed and calculating. A side to elaborate or just a cheap move to give HSU a saving intro? Or did Ouhon see HSU arriving?

Now I just hope Hara uses sweet tactics and did not just bring Shin & pals to start hacking&slashing

Page 3 -

Please Hara, send a stray arrow or a spear to relieve Gakuei already. He must be related to Chou Katsu somehow

Page 4 - The beautiful spread aside, it's good to see Kanjou level-headed and warning Ouhon about a disaster he was about to cause to the Qin.

Page 9 - I'm getting mixed vibes from Gyou'un... a touch of Moubu aswell as Eishi... I just hope he does not die like the latter. But the hype is definitely there and delivering so far.

Page 10, 11 & 12 - It's good to see some tactical reflection on the battlefield, no matter how small it is. Both Akou and Ouhon were thinking alike but Ouhon was a little ahead and provided a "solution". Kanjou is warning Ouhon for the second time but it seems Ouhon is drunk with the idea to impress his father. Atleast his curriculum vitae is building up nicely with Akou.

Page 13 > 17 - Gyou'un saw Ouhon coming before he even started (Thanks Chougaryuu). Despite being warned to be prudent, he almost got Banyou killed aswell as heavy casualties aswell as being indebted to a guy he doesn't like. I think the last one will hurt the most

Page 18 > 20 - I still liked the touching moment and Ouhon's soft spot for the old man that practically replaced his father for a decade or two.

Page 21+ - Why am I getting flashbacks of Banyou shouting "ATTENSHUUN" at the Hi Shin peasant unit that forced everyone to stiffen up and get humiliated? Looking forward to that conversation at tonights campfire

The sense of danger, the discussions about tactical maneuvers, the hype, the delivery. What a strong 5/5. Now give me another.

Ouhon going back for Banyou isn't something I hold against him. Might not have been the most rational move in that situation, but that's still the Vice Captain of his unit and someone Ouhon shares a lot of history with. I wouldn't be upset to see Shin jumping back into a dangerous situation to save En in a similar scenario.

Shin got a good moment this chapter, hopefully he can keep it up and have a strong showing on this battlefield before being pulled back to center.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Being stronger than Eishi's army doesn't mean much for me tbh. They were never hyped back then.
    I found that part rather odd as well. The Eishi army was considered dangerous because Eishi himself was an incredible warrior and fairly capable commander, they never really highlighted his men being a cut above the rest from what a recall, the most dangerous thing about them was that they had chariots.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki View Post
    Page 3 -
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I found that part rather odd as well. The Eishi army was considered dangerous because Eishi himself was an incredible warrior and fairly capable commander, they never really highlighted his men being a cut above the rest from what a recall, the most dangerous thing about them was that they had chariots.
    For what I remember Shi was leading only standard Wei soldiers that GHM assigned to him with some elites to be his main unit. Dont remember no one in his army even getting a name.

http://sensescans.com/reader/content...75d11f/011.png

ugh, here we go with the bloated hype

http://sensescans.com/reader/content...75d11f/015.png

someone give that man 90+ strength

http://sensescans.com/reader/content...75d11f/018.png

unexpected tbh

meh chapter I'd say, really tired of the bloated Zhao hype and wish they would just get down to the fights already to validate it instead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Li_Xin View Post
    Uhh, so why is OuHon pissed when Shin just saved his adjutant?
    obviously he didn't want to owe one to a guy he hates lol
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Shin and Ouhon slaying the snakehead duo seems the most likely scenario atm. I think Bananji will survive this just so Riboku has at least one vassal left who isn't a complete joke. Gakuei probably sticks around like a cockroach to annoy people.
    Goddamn.

is this what we’re calling Gakuei now? An annoying cockroach sticking around?

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Don Dedede View Post
    Oh and thanks gn0x for the chapter (it'd be great if you could add the mention group next time too ) once again, your reactivity is bamboozling

Anyway, it seems that Gyou Un's unit really is a cut above the rest even without relying on Gyou Un himself. Feels like the are an upgraded version of Rinko, with a very well trained unit of hardened veterans and an officer with great martial prowess. If, as some others suggested already, it devolves into a 2 on 1 vs Gyou Un I hope he either wins and gets killed by Kyoukai later (@Ascott to answer what you said in the spoiler thread, Ryuutou clearly wasn't a decent opponent as far as martial ability is concerned) or that it's a real team effort that takes him down with both of them looking good but realizing that they're not up there yet
    If it follows the trend Shin will defeat Gyou Un, maybe Ouhon will beat Bananji and Kyoukai gets some small fry if she is lucky like Gakuei

If Gakuei sees Shin he should go after him, since he killed Keisha and all. Imagine if Gakuei is Ouki's glaive first general victim

would be nice if instead of one on ones we get a full 3v3 brawl
    All Hail Aldo Jones

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    If Gakuei sees Shin he should go after him, since he killed Keisha and all. Imagine if Gakuei is Ouki's glaive first general victim

Shin should throw it away and buy a new one then

@Saki; but unlike earl, gyou un has some sense of self preservation which makes him even more difficult to kill. after a string of pathetic luck by qin, i have a feeling that the scales might shift in the next few chapters starting from the left and spreading to the center. if 3 generals are killed, the fourth will be lucky to live without some eerious injuries which will render him unfit for the remaining battles

- - - Updated - - -
    @Saki; but unlike earl, gyou un has some sense of self preservation which makes him even more difficult to kill. after a string of pathetic luck by qin, i have a feeling that the scales might shift in the next few chapters starting from the left and spreading to the center. if 3 generals are killed, the fourth will be lucky to live without some eerious injuries which will render him unfit for the remaining battles