Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nika's guide to getting gud at AG
    - always reveal that you are an assassin to EVERYBODY
    - always suck your own dick, being an incredibly flexible faggot is the key to victory
    - always expose everyone's alignment
    - always lie to everyone and get caught in every lie.
    - claim every single faction, surely everyone will believe you
    You might as well tag me in this post, atleast half apply to me.

in that part of my mind that thinks that everything will still be ok if i don't do anything
    I can do a TMF guide version of this - easily!
    - always lynch your cop and your doctor before the mafia
    - if you are an innocent child, you need to be lynched as well.
    - the end
    Don't forget the bodygaurd
    *This account is sponsored by Clorox Bleach.*

Order your own special gallon of "healthy" concentrated Clorox Bleach 50% OFF here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng Hao View Post
    10/10 would clorox again
    10/10
    sig hotter than cayenne
    In clorox we pray, Amen
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by a Fucking Peasant View Post
    Ain't nobody touching The Queen Umber

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucumber View Post
    Don't forget the bodygaurd
    what about the bodyguard?

oh and
    - always bring the mafia back to life if you are a reviver. fun > wincon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara's Butthole View Post
    You might as well tag me in this post, atleast half apply to me.
    the first one was about pain
    the second one FB
    third was ink spot and you
    fourth one was you XD
    last one was about crispy

Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

The scum are trying to survive til the end of the game and that is what a scums agenda is in the game. Survival. Whereas the town is trying to find them before that happens. Thats pretty much the golden rule and what all your logic should come from if youre trying to case someone.

This is obviously a very simplified version of what you should do, and obviously not everyone plays to those wincons (especially town players) but a scum player will more often than not try to play their survival wincon regardless of who they are.

I see this thread has been derailed by players who need the most advice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    The scum are trying to survive til the end of the game and that is what a scums agenda is in the game. Survival. Whereas the town is trying to find them before that happens. Thats pretty much the golden rule and what all your logic should come from if youre trying to case someone.

This is obviously a very simplified version of what you should do, and obviously not everyone plays to those wincons (especially town players) but a scum player will more often than not try to play their survival wincon regardless of who they are.
    This is correct. More simplified it's The Hunter (Town) vs The Hunted (Scum)

I'll write a small article after X's game is over on being scum and overcoming the "Hunted" mentality that trips so many scum players up

Quote Originally Posted by X's Bitch View Post
    More simplified it's The Hunter (Town) vs The Hunted (Scum)
    And this is why I hate being mafia, running and hiding isn't my thing.

I like to chase and hunt my prey down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara's Butthole View Post
    And this is why I hate being mafia, running and hiding isn't my thing.

I like to chase and hunt my prey down.

Ah, but on the other hand, you can easily apply the same mindset to being scum. After all they are the ones killing players off, trying to find angles to lynch townies from, etc.

More later

I see this thread has been derailed by players who need the most advice

- - - Updated - - -

This is correct. More simplified it's The Hunter (Town) vs The Hunted (Scum)

I'll write a small article after X's game is over on being scum and overcoming the "Hunted" mentality that trips so many scum players up
    True, and as a town player you need to make sure you dont become the hunted for a power wolf player

True, and as a town player you need to make sure you dont become the hunted for a power wolf player
    Yeah maybe I should also write something to the poor town suckers who get lynched.

Yeah maybe I should also write something to the poor town suckers who get lynched.
    If you dont make any mistakes when youre town, then the people who are scum have nothing they can use to case against you

If you dont make any mistakes when youre town, then the people who are scum have nothing they can use to case against you
    I think town naturally make mistakes though and on average look worse than scum because they aren't cautiously aware of my actions. I think trying to act town is always scummy no matter what by default. I just own up to my mistakes, explain them, and make myself a really difficult target to push if it ever comes to it.

I think the biggest mistake scum tends to make is trying to buddy up the town leaders

They start to get complacent and start pointing fingers at people without caring if it's dumb or not, because they think (In TMF's case) that Ultra/White or whoever else will have their backs.

That usually ends up getting them on the chopping block

They also tend to pounce at the slightest fuck up, which is also pretty dumb cause people can normally explain them and you only end up in a worse position

Of course, you can't wait too long to join the case against someone, cause you'd look like you're bussing them

I think there needs to be a good balance, but most people go to either extreme most of the time

Yeah you definitely shouldnt be trying to pounce on town like mistakes (i.e lynching out someone who mistakenly puts a vote on a confirmed town) and I also agree the best way to look townie is to try not to be so overly conscientious about looking townie by posting in a way you think a town member should post like

I think most things scum do wrong at least here isn't in their action but in their presentation. They're scared of being caught so they don't post much, they make really weak pushes on people, bandwagon, and try not to be noticed.

When you're confident though, regardless of your faction you can get away with a lot more

That is true, the louder you strut your stuff, the more likely people will listen

And if you ever get into an argument, I think making long posts to answer tend to weaken your position

If you ever get accused you need to be short and to the point, don't let them think they have something

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    That is true, the louder you strut your stuff, the more likely people will listen

And if you ever get into an argument, I think making long posts to answer tend to weaken your position

If you ever get accused you need to be short and to the point, don't let them think they have something
    I think a good example is Riki, an excellent player with lots of experience and great at making reads but he feels like he's just talking to himself most of the time so he either gets suspected or ignored here

The short response thing is great. Context is important though, if someone is super tunneling you and not just asking questions they need to be properly shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I think a good example is Riki, an excellent player with lots of experience and great at making reads but he feels like he's just talking to himself most of the time so he either gets suspected or ignored here

The short response thing is great. Context is important though, if someone is super tunneling you and not just asking questions they need to be properly shut down
    Yeah, I think it's been said beforehand that Riki is great as town but absolutely sucks balls as Mafia

I think that if you follow most of what we're saying people won't get tunneled in the first place

But the most important thing when arguing with someone, regardless of alignment is speaking in a way that makes them doubt themselves, and that is specially useful here where a good chunk of our players tend to be passive

So as mafia, in order to survive you have to try and appear townie as to not get lynched.

Decent players just try and replicate their town game to the best ability, make sure they're ticking off all the check marks and doing the right thing. This usually tends to work well.

What I do is a little different though. I don't try and replicate myself because I actually find it hard and unnatural to act a certain way, and everyone gives off that vibe to a certain extent as well when they do this.

Instead as scum I try and find my own way of hunting, and try and put myself in a position where I'm seen as town by what I'm doing without thinking about it. So I'll hunt for cops or docs or indis or what have you with the same mindset I would hunting scum on the other side.

Also do whatever you can to put yourself in a good position as scum. I think most slip ups come from genuine nervousness about getting caught, once you don't fear the lynch it's so much harder to get you and easier to push other players, for me.

My scum playstyle fits perfectly for the forum's level

An experienced community would fuck me up bad if I disappear

Ultra is a mistake.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!