Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Netflix "Dark"

  1. #1

    Netflix "Dark"



    what do you think of this new netflix original?

  2. #2
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    13,978
    i haven't watched it yet, is it good?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i haven't watched it yet, is it good?
    the first couple episodes have been so intense i havent even lookled at my phone - so thats definetly a good sign.

    there are massive relations between characters and different versions of each of them as well so it gets confusing if you dont pay attention - but it surely is worth it to keep tabs on everything since surprisingly enough till the last episode they somehow manage to wrap it all up.

    i dont really understand the entire thing with dark being similar to stranger things. i dont see much of a similarity except the 80s being a part and persons missing. dark is really on the adult side of things and even the few scenes meant to be a relief and cause a little laugh are handled in a proper, adult way.

    the soundtrack and music - too loud in some instances but probably one of the best i have ever had in a series. though while many agree, i also have read people disagreeing with it

    the characters - probably the best part. the cast is amazing. not only because they tried to find characters fitting for their role but because they used actual people. sure, actors. but you dont see make up. you dont see cover up of inconsitencies in facial symetries etc. you can really relate to them because they appear real.

    the plot - true to its name. dark. gritty. a character once claims "this town" is infected. and once you dive deeper into the story you basically know why and how thats true. seeing the families being related to each other over the course of the story and time is interesting. i dont know how much i can spoil so ill leave it at that.

    in general: watch it casually and you miss amazing details but still can follow the story, albeit with "whos that again" questions arising. after i watched it the first time semi-invested i was so hooked up that i really watched it a second time carefully and even in the first episode found things who later became relevant - which i obviously missed in the first go

    i can only reccomend it

  4. #4
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    13,978
    gonna check it out, thanks

  5. #5
    Watched it a few days ago and it exceeded my expectations. It had some slower parts but at some point I got so hooked that I couldn't stop watching.

    I hope it will have a 2nd season.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalIce View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched it a few days ago and it exceeded my expectations. It had some slower parts but at some point I got so hooked that I couldn't stop watching.

    I hope it will have a 2nd season.
    oh yeha, have you watched dub or sub?

    because i recommend subs

    also to you @Ink Spot;

  7. #7
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    13,978
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oh yeha, have you watched dub or sub?

    because i recommend subs

    also to you @Ink Spot;
    always sub, original audio ftw

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oh yeha, have you watched dub or sub?

    because i recommend subs

    also to you @Ink Spot;
    The original German version since I'm German as well lol.


  9. #9
    seems interesting


  10. #10
    Sincerely Insincere Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29,891
    wow thats alot of praise

    giving it a shot now


  11. #11
    MO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    In your heart
    Posts
    1,228
    I am on episode 8 or 9 its pretty good.

  12. #12
    watched the whole thing.

    Loved it...kinda got hard to follow in some places because there are a *lot* of characters and lots of time jumps, but well worth it.

    I'd love for there to be a season 2, and for those starting, DEF WATCH THIS IN GERMAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

    I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

  13. #13
    Yeah this was pretty solid.

    If S2 ever happens I'll need to rewatch S1 first, definitely can't go into the next season rusty on the details.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Numinous One View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah this was pretty solid.

    If S2 ever happens I'll need to rewatch S1 first, definitely can't go into the next season rusty on the details.
    yeah I completely agree.

    I'm someone who can watch something and do something else. But this show I could not do that. I had to pay attention to every little detail.

    But it was well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honey, you know I love your vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I must say i am baffled by the fact that someone would date Tifa, or that someone like Tifa is able to put a dude in a friendzone. Like are you really so depleted on the good looking girls? In my country no one would ever even look at her twice. We have 2/1 (Girl/Boy) ratio, and most of the girls are decent looking or hot. We have obese girls but they mostly die alone because even the ugly looking dudes can find a good looking girl if they are just not poor as fuck..
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2:1 ratio and you still can't get any ass? Damn.

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dammit I deleted that so I could be saved from your rebuttal.

    I regret ever giving you the opportunity to be more right about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i used to drink mayonnaise as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Masakazu Chiba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What truth? The fact that you're an annoying dimwit? Most of your posts are cringe. Nothing worse than a cocky asshole who gets proven wrong and lies to save face. The fact that you have a gold bar pretty much exemplifies that rep is worthless. You are the face of awful modern day TMF posters. SpiRo back into whatever cave you crawled out of, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because someone likes dick in their ass doesn't mean they're not your brother.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow thats alot of praise

    giving it a shot now
    Did you watch it?


  16. #16
    Joa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Posts
    101
    This is so good

    can't wait for season 2

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Joa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is so good

    can't wait for season 2
    yeha. i am currently rewatching again. really amazing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •