Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star wars

Mark Hamill didn't like it

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

It amazes me the kind of mental gymnastics people are willing to use to defend any sort of piece of a stinky, steaming poop out of brand loyalty, nostalgia or fanboyism. Director Rian Johnson admitted he wrote the script for TLJ before production on TFA even finished, on top of also revealing that Jar Jar Abrams hadn't thought of anything past TFA, hence all the disrepancies between the two movies. There's nothing deep, risky or bold about TLJ. It was a complete mess as a result of Disney's utter incompetence. TLJ is currently the lowest rated Star Wars movie with an audience score of 54%, and the box office numbers suggest it's heading towards a BvS level of a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Spooky Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Snoke was sadly an irrelevant villain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss View Post
    It amazes me the kind of mental gymnastics people are willing to use to defend any sort of piece of a stinky, steaming poop out of brand loyalty, nostalgia or fanboyism. Director Rian Johnson admitted he wrote the script for TLJ before production on TFA even finished, on top of also revealing that Jar Jar Abrams hadn't thought of anything past TFA, hence all the disrepancies between the two movies. There's nothing deep, risky or bold about TLJ. It was a complete mess as a result of Disney's utter incompetence. TLJ is currently the lowest rated Star Wars movie with an audience score of 54%, and the box office numbers suggest it's heading towards a BvS level of a disaster.
    I rewatched BvS in the full version and it's MUCH better than the theatrical version given the length Zack Snyder planned it to be. Same with Justice League, seeing as it was supposed to be 3 hours and they cut out an hour last minute

The problem with TLJ is it's ruining all of its long since established characters and making a massive mess of things purely to have fan fic tier writing

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I had a thought about the Star Wars Movies in general

All of them, prequels, original and the newer films have this element of enjoyment to them which makes viewing them in the moment "decent", but when you think it through it becomes a mess for most of them.

New hope and Empire hold up best, Jedi you can say that it has flaws, but the good trumps the bad. It doesn't do enough damage.

Prequels are full of unintentional greatness in this sense. The plots are terrible but those key moments still hold up. Same with TFA, bad story, good moments. Just enjoy them as blockbusters they were meant to be and not this "2deep4u" cinema.

Hence my least favorite is Rogue One for creating a stqndard action movie with no memorable scenes other than... wait, no. No memorable moments.

People even like the prequels and I count myself into that but they actually just enjoy the highlights. Rest is just things people give a pass for nostalgia in those movies.

E.g Sidious Opera scene and tale of darth plageius the wise is 10/10 in a 6/10 movie.

The isn't even a light saber fight in this movie nor did we even see how powerful Luke was

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

The isn't even a light saber fight in this movie nor did we even see how powerful Luke was
    Lightsabers are just a tool to begin with. What are you a massive manchild or something? We finally got a proper Lightsaber vs something else fight instead. They've cut through everything else previously, making them seem more worth what they are.

Luke projected himself over a distance of several hyperspace jumps and kept it going for a good while. Kylo said to Rey she'd die just from attempting that. Therefore Luke was easily the strongest Jedi even if he didn't train for years

We didn't get to see him enter direct combat, but you could see how strong Luke was in the sense of how he was using the force and how much strength it took to do what he did. I do kind of miss the whole Jedi action in the star wars movies though.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

It's fucking star wars. Light saber fights are the basic staple of the series.

And so? It was his last hoorah. He should've shown up and did something bad ass and legendary.

That entire scene made it appear like Kylo and Luke were going to fight which was whst literally everyone wanted but it instead became a Dues Ex cop out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    We didn't get to see him enter direct combat, but you could see how strong Luke was in the sense of how he was using the force and how much strength it took to do what he did. I do kind of miss the whole Jedi action in the star wars movies though.
    That's absolutely not what anyone wanted to see though.

Imagine if the death scene when Naruto finally dies is just him meditating and sending a clone to do nothing but make it seem like you were going to see him as an adult go all out but instead he just is a distraction then dies.

Luke is massively more popular than someone like Naruto who's already generally a loved character. Mark Hamill himself said the writer didn't understand Luke at all.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

It's fucking star wars. Light saber fights are the basic staple of the series.

And so? It was his last hoorah. He should've shown up and did something bad ass and legendary.

That entire scene made it appear like Kylo and Luke were going to fight which was whst literally everyone wanted but it instead became a Dues Ex cop out
    Not a deus ex as it was hinted at way in advance, and there were obvious visual cues. Blue lightsaber, blacker hair, different costume, no footprints.

You can't just use a term when you don't like the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    Not a deus ex as it was hinted at way in advance, and there were obvious visual cues. Blue lightsaber, blacker hair, different costume, no footprints.

No, they hinted his X wing being nearby and could've easily had him go there.

He used the sane line that Obi wan did with Vader then didn't even have the chance to go down the same way.

Instead the movie was Rey the Mary Sue ending the movie still without any real injury, never getting to see how powerful Luke was, and again further stuffing politics into the movie

Thanks to SW I learned all rich people are evil even though they were selling supplies to both sides

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post

No entrance to come from. Unless he came from the rocks which they escaped through but it wouldn't make sense for him to block the entrance once he's gotten in.

I promise you that literally everyone was hoping for Luke pulling down some ships or ATs with the force and blocking all all those shots with the force.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    No entrance to come from. Unless he came from the rocks which they escaped through but it wouldn't make sense for him to block the entrance once he's gotten in.
    He's got no corporeal body. Duh.

Which was absurdly lame compared to the idea of him actually being there.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

this movie sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Zoro View Post
    this movie sucked
    They destroyed Luke in the name of Feminism

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna know what the ladies of TMF think of this movie

@Nikamara ; @Cake ; @Tifa ; @Umber ;

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I dont like star wars that much
    ʕᴥʔ
    My Blog

Retired Legend #3
    18/2/18

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    haven't seen it, wont watch it.
    CLUE - Assassin Game - click here!
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕᴥʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    haven't seen it, wont watch it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I dont like star wars that much
    Interesting

Essentially every single male character in the movie was a cuck who needed to be saved by a woman and every woman was a super hero.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I don't think I've met a girl who legitimately likes star wars