2 10.53%
  • 4/5

8 42.11%
  • 5/5

8 42.11%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'For now, Akou's abilities may still greatly outstrip that of Ouhon's" ....yeah, no.

I can't think of Gyou'un being the symbol of Zhao's might over Renpa being anything but complete overhype on Hara's part
    Probably just means he was the symbol of Zhao's martial might when it was Team RSJ vs Team Qin (or other).

Quote Originally Posted by Gellert View Post
    Like for example Mubo was stronger than Ouki in 1vs1

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Probably just means he was the symbol of Zhao's martial might when it was Team RSJ vs Team Qin (or other).
    Probably it means that Gyou'un was the strongest General in RSJ's army and nothing more. Renpa is definitely stronger, and surely in the other GH's army there was someone stronger than Gyou'un too

10 generals? Holy shit. Renpa and Ouki and their subs don't seem all that OP now, then lol.

Also the Fire Dragons got mentioned alongside Qin's 6 and Zhaos' 3GH again as "great heroes"

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    10 generals? Holy shit. Renpa and Ouki and their subs don't seem all that OP now, then lol.

Also the Fire Dragons got mentioned alongside Qin's 6 and Zhaos' 3GH again as "great heroes"
    Those two survivors were the only ones who was by that guy's death bed I think they were the best ones by far.

Probably had 2 elite generals and 8 decent-good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Those two survivors were the only ones who was by that guy's death bed I think they were the best ones by far.

Probably had 2 elite generals and 8 decent-good ones.
    Decent is all they need to be, really. Imagine 8 guys on Rokuomi/Kanou level+2HK level guys+Rinshoujo himself, that's a seriously strong army.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Decent is all they need to be, really. Imagine 8 guys on Rokuomi/Kanou level+2HK level guys+Rinshoujo himself, that's a seriously strong army.
    Rokuomi and Ryuukoku are a level above generals like Eibi, Domon, Heki, Ryuu etc IMO. They're very good. Kanou probably slightly above. Can't really put Doukin/Rinbou above those guys on their showings though.

But yeah, even 8 Heki's + Gyou'un/Chougaryu is very impressive.

Anyone who thinks this dude is stronger than Renpa must be joking lmao

Anyway, with 10 generals even if each of them below 4HK or Rokuomi should give the army a lot of edge. It does give us insight how RSJ managed to reach the 3GH status even when he is significantly below Renpa since he has no martial strength

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Anyone who thinks this dude is stronger than Renpa must be joking lmao

Anyway, with 10 generals even if each of them below 4HK or Rokuomi should give the army a lot of edge. It does give us insight how RSJ managed to reach the 3GH status even when he is significantly below Renpa since he has no martial strength
    i personally think its overhype aswell, but it does technically seem like portrayal that could mean he's above renpa. look at all the generals who hold/held the martial prestige of their states, moubu for qin houken for zhao kanmei for chu, its no coincidence that the generals that hold that prestige are also the strongest in their state. so while i still personally think its overhype, objectively he hasnt done anything to say him being>renpa in combat ability is impossible so ill just wait for when/if we get more context on the statement or his feats dont live up to the hype

- - - Updated - - -

i foresee some ass whooping coming soon. as i mentioned before shin (maybe) and ouhon are likely to get their asses handed to them before one of them kills gyou'un. the prophesies of the dead usually come true but we have a shortage of heroic spirits for the two to kill. i however want to know the prophesied role that they are to play (maybe the role is to join ousen )
    Last edited by Baragan; 12-13-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Equal to Renpa is a general term. Just like Tou being equal to Ouki, Duke not losing out to Ouki etc etc. I'm sure RSJ is on Renpa's level - probably a touch below, but he's equal enough that he can beat Renpa in many different scenarios.

For anyone that's interested, assuming Hara has followed history, RSJ's death happened just after Chouhei.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    Not necessarily, most of the commanders we see in this series completely dwarf their vassals in capability. Kanki and Ousen would eviscerate anyone in their army in a battle, nobody in Duke Hyou's army holds a candle to him, and Gokei would wreck any of those scrubs he carries along with him. We can assume they are competent but a Great Heaven being awesome doesn't mean too much for the vassals, so most of the hype being poured into a dead man doesn't make me feel much for these two.

Also, it's not like these guys were the only two figures in his army. He had nearly a dozen generals to work with while he was alive and they all went and got themselves killed off.
    I would counter that but it's a pointless argument.

The hyping component here isn't simply the glorious flashback of a veteran warrior; it's the enthusiasm to witness that warrior honoring his pledge to his Master, and comply to his command on the deathbed. The utmost loyalty that he had displayed to the GG, and that reaction when he died, it all boils down at this particular moment and place. This wouldn’t have been achieved without a proper introduction of the guy.

Also, to me, Gyou'un was hyped enough when Riboko said at the end of the previous chapter: To speak of - forgot his name - 's army is to speak of Gyou'un. Doesn't this make you look forward to what that hidden potential has to offer after it's triggered?

So Gyou'un and Chougaryu hig away in central Zhao while Qin ravaged their rudderless and leaderless state because RSJ had some dumbass dream?

I also understand that Hara wants to hype the guy but saying he's equal to Renpa and the sign of Zhao's military is an ass-pull.
    a very obvious one

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    So Gyou'un and Chougaryu hig away in central Zhao while Qin ravaged their rudderless and leaderless state because RSJ had some dumbass dream?
    Chouhei was before RSJ died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    I also understand that Hara wants to hype the guy but saying he's equal to Renpa and the sign of Zhao's military is an ass-pull.
    a very obvious one
    Only if you interpret it wrong imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gellert View Post
    I think by martial power about Renpa, they meant his power in warfare while about Gyo'un, he meant physical combat prowess. Like for example Mubo was stronger than Ouki in 1vs1, but Ouki was on a completely different level in case of warfare.
    Can't tell if you're sarcastic or serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you interpret it wrong imo.
    a commander under someone's wing, and someone who has laid down his glaive for years weeping on his master's death, no matter how strong he is; he can't compete over this title as long as Riboko and Renpa are alive.

This is not a deductive reasoning, this is common sense.
    Last edited by DreX; 12-13-2017 at 05:14 PM.

- - - Updated - -
    a commander under someone's wing, and someone who has laid down his glaive for years weeping on his master's death, no matter how strong he is; he can't compete over this title as long as Riboko and Renpa are alive.

This is not a deductive reasoning, this is common sense.
    that hype was regarding martial ability only so Riboku isn't included, and i put the statement as being the exact same as we saw 1 chapter ago i.e it's talking about Zhao as in RSJ's army.

that hype was regarding martial ability only so Riboku isn't included, and i put the statement as being the exact same as we saw 1 chapter ago i.e it's talking about Zhao as in RSJ's army.
    Why are you trying too hard to twist the meaning so as to find an outlet for this statement.
    Zhao is NOT an army that's been portrayed in the same chapter as an inactive relic of the past. It would be best if it turned out that the translaters misread RSJ's army for the whole Zhao.

Why are you trying too hard to twist the meaning so as to find an outlet for this statement.
    Zhao is NOT an army is portrayed in the same chapter as an inactive relic of the past. It would be best if it turned out that the translaters misread RSJ's army for the whole Zhao.
    Which is what I predicted in my first post in the thread. But even if it was accurate, it still doesn't have to mean he is number 1 at all. There can be other ways around it; for eg Gyou'un's army might be the most aggressive/martial orientated army in Zhao (since Renpa is multi-faceted). The statement can be interpreted in a multitude of ways which mean something other than 'Gyou'un was the best fighter in Zhao'.

Which is what I predicted in my first post in the thread. But even if it was accurate, it still doesn't have to mean he is number 1 at all. There can be other ways around it; for eg Gyou'un's army might be the most aggressive/martial orientated army in Zhao (since Renpa is multi-faceted). The statement can be interpreted in a multitude of ways which mean something other than 'Gyou'un was the best fighter in Zhao'.
    Completely subjective in your titles.
    You know? You share one point with Hara there.
    Last edited by DreX; 12-13-2017 at 05:34 PM.