Winds of Winter release date when?

When do you think Martin will actually get off his fucking fat ass and publish this book? My guess it that he's waiting for season eight of GOT to end so people are craving more, and then BAM, he'll release the book, with some more plot than the seasons, and people will go wild.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

You could had used a better title, got superexcited for a second thinking it was a actual announcement.

Hopefully next year or 2019 but wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait even more then that.

Ha

Ha

Ha....

It aint gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Chisaki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha

Ha

Ha....

It aint gonna happen
    Nah, I think he'll release it... eventually.

The 7th book, though, forget about it. The only ending we're going to get is the show's. GRRM opened too many plots, just like they did in Lost, and now he doesn't know how to make sense of it all and give a fitting ending.

That's why the show cut so many things, it was the only way to move forward in a semi-logical manner.

Ha.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Young Master View Post
    You could had used a better title, got superexcited for a second thinking it was a actual announcement.

Hopefully next year or 2019 but wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait even more then that.
    Same

I hope he finishes it soon, but ive sort of resigned myself to the fact that he wont. Or he wont before he dies of his inevitable heart attack

if he dies before he finishes GoT its my dream that Brandon Sanderson should be the one to end the series

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Excrmnt View Post
    if he dies before he finishes GoT its my dream that Brandon Sanderson should be the one to end the series
    Sandersons alright, but I dont think hes as good at world building as Martin is. Hes good at world building but the scale of world building in asoiaf is next level. I dont think hed be that good for it, having said that i think he would do the different perspective things alright

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Sandersons alright, but I dont think hes as good at world building as Martin is. Hes good at world building but the scale of world building in asoiaf is next level. I dont think hed be that good for it, having said that i think he would do the different perspective things alright
    unless you've read his Stormlight Archive series, ur comments are baseless. Stormlight worldbuilding is 10x better than asoiaf. the world in asoiaf is bland in comparison, mostly due to the fact that George doesnt tend to give us POVs in different parts (and cultures) of his world. he created this massive world and we've only seen a fraction of it.

other than that, George shot himself in the foot with his whole premise of "magic is gone from the world" when he started the books. meanwhile, Stormlight is rich with it.

Who the fuck butchered my title in this edit?

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Since when is ASOIAF known for its great world building? The world from ASOIAF is a ripoff from the real world with a few fantastical elements sprinkled in, the strong point of Martin is in his characters, not his world building.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Since when is ASOIAF known for its great world building? The world from ASOIAF is a ripoff from the real world with a few fantastical elements sprinkled in, the strong point of Martin is in his characters, not his world building.
    Do you know what world building is? Good world building is about properly establishing settings and events that happen inside your fictional world. You dont need to have magical plants that turn people into donuts or thunderstorms that fart gold to be good at world building.

And lol at 'asoiaf rips off the real world with a few fantasy elements sprinkled in'. Martin has written entire books about the history and dynasty's of the asoiaf universe, and practically every location in asoiaf has its own unique history and culture to it which martin expands upon in great depth in either the books or the supporting material, which Im assuming you havent read otherwise you wouldnt even dream of making that sort of sweeping accusation.

Also characterisation goes hand in hand with good world building. The two arent mutually exclusive.

Do you know what world building is? Good world building is about properly establishing settings and events that happen inside your fictional world. You dont need to have magical plants that turn people into donuts or thunderstorms that fart gold to be good at world building.
    I do, do you? Ripping off history most of your world is not good world building. The fact that you have to resort to hyperbole just lends more support to my assertion.

And lol at 'asoiaf rips off the real world with a few fantasy elements sprinkled in'. Martin has written entire books about the history and dynasty's of the asoiaf universe, and practically every location in asoiaf has its own unique history and culture to it which martin expands upon in great depth in either the books or the supporting material, which Im assuming you havent read otherwise you wouldnt even dream of making that sort of sweeping accusation.
    Unique cultures? Lol. Sure, like the Dothraki "we're not mongols" or Westeros "we're not european middle age"?

ASOIAF's history is ok and supports the setting well, but it's nothing special compared to many other fictional worlds.

Also characterisation goes hand in hand with good world building. The two arent mutually exclusive.
    Never said they were mutually exclusive, just that ASOIAF has one and not the other.