Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, Grant Cardone's book 10x your goal advocates something similar. That whatever your goals are, you should times it by 10 and try to achieve it in half the time..

So say Fab simply wanted to be a multi millionaire, and have 2m in the bank, Cardone would suggest aiming for 20m.

I think it's to help get it in your head to realise how hard it is to get what you want and how hard you need to work and what you need to sacrifice . Although I don't understand retiring at 25 tho
    Retiring simply means because I'm set for life I'll never work or do any business with money being the motivation, as far as money is concerned, I'm done, I can do whatever I want without money being a problem, I will still have goals for other aspects of my life and do other things so it doesn't mean I won't be active.

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    I admit defeat Mr. Fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    To be fair, Grant Cardone's book 10x your goal advocates something similar. That whatever your goals are, you should times it by 10 and try to achieve it in half the time..

So say Fab simply wanted to be a multi millionaire, and have 2m in the bank, Cardone would suggest aiming for 20m.

I think it's to help get it in your head to realise how hard it is to get what you want and how hard you need to work and what you need to sacrifice . Although I don't understand retiring at 25 tho
    it's definitely a motivating quote that's been recycled by successful people. it's just a matter of applying it properly. the road to financial success is laborious and attainable. in fab's case, it's just straight up difficult and unattainable. retiring at 25 when you're 23 is about as impossible as it gets barring some tremendous luck from the lottery or gambling your life savings on a +20000 something odds bet.

if fab said 30-35 years then its definitely attainable. the average working man retires at 65 years old so you're essentially slicing 30 years of labor and you're already ahead of the game at that point. research studies show setting an unrealistic goal is counterproductive. leads to depression, giving up too early, etc.

goal to retire at 25 is setting yourself up for disaster imo.

I'm aiming to surpass alias within a year, but will not be surprised or disappointed if it doesn't happen, i can probably manage to beat him though.

I've learned that it's these kinds of goals that are actually fun and worthwhile, life is about the hobbies, the fun stuff, the small stuff

Small term goals.

Having a goal to reach in the future that is uncertain will only make me lose focus of the current me.

Thanks to Cake~