Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BnHA Quirk Tournament (sign ups)

It has been exactly two months since the last tournament, and we have got a few more active memebers, so it's a perfect opportunity to host another tournament.

This time we're not going to simply pick the best panels from the manga. Let's be more creative. Every participant has to create a Qurik on his own. Of course, I can't be a Quirk which already exists in Boku no Hero Academia world, so better do your research.

The rules are simple:

- One Quirk per member (This rule might change later on due to lack of participants, but we'll see. The ideal number of Quirks is 16, however I don't mind it being less or even more than that. It's not a big deal).
    - Created Quirks can't be too overpowered (Don't get me wrong, I don't want to restrict your creativity, however it would be cool if the Quirks weren't that strong. They're going to be judged in terms of creativity and usefulness, so no reality warping or any other shit).
    - Every Quirk has to have a drawback (Well, that's rather obvious, almost every Quirk in Boku no Hero Academia world has its own drawback).

That's about it. As soon as you create a Quirk, just post it in thread. Name and description are the most important things, but feel free to add some things if you feel like doing it.

The tournament will begin on Sunday, so you're free to sing in till late Saturday.

The tournament is sponsored by Ultraviolet.

This quirk might not make too much sense but it's one I've had on my mind for a good while.

[Syringe]

The tips of one's fingers are elongated and hardened, similar to a syringe. Strong enough to pierce skin, they inject nerve poisons supplied from a toxic sac on the wrists of the user into their victim. The poisons have a variety of strengths, from simply numbing one's arm to full on paralysis, depending on what the user has eaten.

Of course, the user themselves isn't immune to the poison, so wearing gloves at night and even during leisure hours is recommended.

Edit: Ah, should've read the whole post. I'll just leave it and sign up anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This quirk might not make too much sense but it's one I've had on my mind for a good while.

[Syringe]

The tips of one's fingers are elongated and hardened, similar to a syringe. Strong enough to pierce skin, they inject nerve poisons supplied from a toxic sac on the wrists of the user into their victim. The poisons have a variety of strengths, from simply numbing one's arm to full on paralysis, depending on what the user has eaten.

Of course, the user themselves isn't immune to the poison, so wearing gloves at night and even during leisure hours is recommended.

Edit: Ah, should've read the whole post. I'll just leave it and sign up anyway.
    That's actually a really interesting Quirk. No worries, it makes sense to me.

I came up with this power a while ago for fun. It might be a bit too strong, but whatever:

[Heat Redistribution]

The user has the power to absorb and release stored heat energy from their body. The released energy can be used in three different forms:

-Fire: concentrated blast shot from the hands or feet (requires a relatively low amount of energy)
    -Electricity: lightning bolt fired from the hands (requires a medium amount of energy to produce)
    -Laser: think Kizaru's finger beams, but without the giant explosions (consumes a massive amount of stored energy to use, but is very powerful)

Furthermore:
    -The user does not generate their own energy, they have to charge themselves via the use of a power source to acquire energy to redistribute

-Heat absorption has to be done through direct physical contact. The user takes no damage from absorbing electricity or fire, but if it hits them without being absorbed, they will get hurt

-Since everything in the world has at least some heat energy within it, the user can flash freeze almost anything physical that they touch by absorbing the heat from it to acquire a small amount of energy, HOWEVER this process is much more difficult than absorbing fire or electricity, and requires about ten or so seconds of constant physical contact with the target

Was going to submit the quirk I made earlier but I thought up of a new one

It'll be between either two, I'll just leave the new one here for now:

[Left and Right]: The recipient of this quirk has "smart hands". His hands can replicate and perfect the movements of any other pair of hands he observes. For example, his hands can replicate a piano player or a boxer's hands perfectly just by watching them (however, it is not the recipient learning how to do this things, it's more like a passive muscle memory.)

His hands seemingly have minds of their own, and sometimes operate beyond his control. They can protect the user and attack even without the user consciously doing so. But they can also, for example, slap someone they dislike in the face.

The relationship between the recipient and his hands is co operation and mutual preservation rather than direct control. The hands will protect the user, but also fail to take actions that will cause harm to themselves.

Mechanism of the quirk: The recipient of this quirk has part of the brain's motor cortex dedicated to hand movement enlarged, and overlapping with a much larger area of their brain.

This gives the user's hands superhuman motor control and co ordination, but the hands develop their own "personalities" due to this cross over.

The right hand is controlled by the left hemisphere, embodies precision, logic, and strategic movement.

The left hand is controlled by the right hemisphere, embodies instinctual movement, creativity, and feelings.

Wow, I didn't expect this level of creativity. I thought it would be hard to even create a Quirk considering the number of already existing abilities. I might actually make one myself since I'm not the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    I came up with this power a while ago for fun. It might be a bit too strong, but whatever:

[Heat Redistribution]

The user has the power to absorb and release stored heat energy from their body. The released energy can be used in three different forms:

-Fire: concentrated blast shot from the hands or feet (requires a relatively low amount of energy)
    -Electricity: lightning bolt fired from the hands (requires a medium amount of energy to produce)
    -Laser: think Kizaru's finger beams, but without the giant explosions (consumes a massive amount of stored energy to use, but is very powerful)

Furthermore:
    -The user does not generate their own energy, they have to charge themselves via the use of a power source to acquire energy to redistribute

-Heat absorption has to be done through direct physical contact. The user takes no damage from absorbing electricity or fire, but if it hits them without being absorbed, they will get hurt

-Since everything in the world has at least some heat energy within it, the user can flash freeze almost anything physical that they touch by absorbing the heat from it to acquire a small amount of energy, HOWEVER this process is much more difficult than absorbing fire or electricity, and requires about ten or so seconds of constant physical contact with the target
    Heat energy, huh? Interesting. So the heat absorption works the same as Dio's 'freezing' ability in part 1, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    Wow, I didn't expect this level of creativity. I thought it would be hard to even create a Quirk considering the number of already existing abilities. I might actually make one myself since I'm not the judge.

Heat energy, huh? Interesting. So the heat absorption works the same as Dio's 'freezing' ability in part 1, right?
    It's also setting the bar high right away

Best girl.

I didn't think about likening it to Dio's power until now, but yeah, that's pretty much what it is. With the difference of it not being instantaneous when used on solid objects, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    Was going to submit the quirk I made earlier but I thought up of a new one

It'll be between either two, I'll just leave the new one here for now:

[Left and Right]: The recipient of this quirk has "smart hands". His hands can replicate and perfect the movements of any other pair of hands he observes. For example, his hands can replicate a piano player or a boxer's hands perfectly just by watching them (however, it is not the recipient learning how to do this things, it's more like a passive muscle memory.)

His hands seemingly have minds of their own, and sometimes operate beyond his control. They can protect the user and attack even without the user consciously doing so. But they can also, for example, slap someone they dislike in the face.

The relationship between the recipient and his hands is co operation and mutual preservation rather than direct control. The hands will protect the user, but also fail to take actions that will cause harm to themselves.

Mechanism of the quirk: The recipient of this quirk has part of the brain's motor cortex dedicated to hand movement enlarged, and overlapping with a much larger area of their brain.

This gives the user's hands superhuman motor control and co ordination, but the hands develop their own "personalities" due to this cross over.

The right hand is controlled by the left hemisphere, embodies precision, logic, and strategic movement.

The left hand is controlled by the right hemisphere, embodies instinctual movement, creativity, and feelings.
    This sort of gave me a idea.

Best girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    It's also setting the bar high right away
    That means we simply have to think harder in order to create something better, which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    I didn't think about likening it to Dio's power until now, but yeah, that's pretty much what it is. With the difference of it not being instantaneous when used on solid objects, of course.
    Of course, I just thought about Dio when I was reading a description of your Quirk. It's a completely different ability, so that's fine. Damn, it's going to be hard to beat that.

possession

The user can enter somebody's body and do whatever the fuck he wants with it for an hour, but any harm upon his real body or the one he posseses will inflict twice the amount upon him.

to activate this quirk he would need to have at least had 30 minutes of contact with them (like talking) and know their name

so like, he could swallow a poisen tablet that activates in 2 hours and kill the person with no harm to himself if he wanted, or he could commit crimes under that persons name, etc.

That means we simply have to think harder in order to create something better, which is a good thing.

Of course, I just thought about Dio when I was reading a description of your Quirk. It's a completely different ability, so that's fine. Damn, it's going to be hard to beat that.
    Of course and i think i have a good one but will see.

Best girl.

[Two is Better Than One]

Strengths: The owner of this quirk becomes a master at using any two of the same item they hold. By being a master of them the user can use them perfectly and with the skill of what would be considered master class of those items. As well as being able to use the items in a variety of scenarios combat or otherwise. The items can range from anything to weapons like swords, guns, spears, etc... to everyday things like pencils, cups, balls, etc...

Drawbacks: Even though they can become a master of any two of the same items they use. When they only have one they have no idea how to use it and will often stumble around trying to do so. The items must also have a similar composition ( More than 75% of the same Elements). This also means disarming one of the two items will cause this effect to happen.

Other Bits: The user normal carry's around a pair of knifes and brass knuckles for combat. As while as when going to school they need two of each item to be able to work properly. The user could also have trouble drinking or eating as they would need to use two cups, or two forks, etc... to eat properly.

In addition the user has trained there body extensively to be able to keep up with the ability as just because they know how to use it a master level there body still needs to keep up, however this goes both ways as something not normally good for combat can be turned into something amazing for it.

Best girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    [Two is Better Than One]

Strengths: The owner of this quirk becomes a master at using any two of the same item they hold. By being a master of them the user can use them perfectly and with the skill of what would be considered master class of those items. As well as being able to use the items in a variety of scenarios combat or otherwise. The items can range from anything to weapons like swords, guns, spears, etc... to everyday things like pencils, cups, balls, etc...

Drawbacks: Even though they can become a master of any two of the same items they use. When they only have one they have no idea how to use it and will often stumble around trying to do so. The items must also have a similar composition ( More than 75% of the same Elements). This also means disarming one of the two items will cause this effect to happen.

Other Bits: The user normal carry's around a pair of knifes and brass knuckles for combat. As while as when going to school they need two of each item to be able to work properly. The user could also have trouble drinking or eating as they would need to use two cups, or two forks, etc... to eat properly.

In addition the user has trained there body extensively to be able to keep up with the ability as just because they know how to use it a master level there body still needs to keep up, however this goes both ways as something not normally good for combat can be turned into something amazing for it.
    Thanks for copying my quirk

Guess I'll have to go back to my old one

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    Thanks for copying my quirk

Guess I'll have to go back to my old one
    It's not that much of copy is it

Best girl.

Every minute, every hour: User can enter a state of heightened reflexes and perception, so that time appears 60x slower. In this state, 1 second goes by in a minute. 1 minute goes by in an hour.

They can react and move in a calculated and precise way while using the technique. Benefits include dodging attacks, countering perfectly, aiming, and mid-battle strategy.

The user of this quirk is very difficult to deal with in close quarters. A ranged weapon in the hands of the user is also very lethal.

Although it does not grant the user a physical boost or magical powers, this quirk is both useful and diverse.

Drawback - the user can only move so fast as they could normally. They still couldn't dodge a bullet point blank unless they were physically capable of doing so.

Also, the user suffers extreme mental fatigue and headaches for excessive use of the technique. This is because this state requires intense concentration and mental power, and for every minute the technique is used, the user experiences a perceived hour. So the technique can only be used for about 10 minutes a day total, usually spread out among 1 minute intervals or less.
    Last edited by Ultramarine; 12-07-2017 at 02:37 PM.

[King of Air]

Usage: This might be little too powerful. But here is what the user can do: The user can increase and decrease the amount of air around them causing the wind to blow harder or slower(can create tornadoes and powerful wind blades if the user can master the quirk fully). The user can control all the gases in air like poisonous gases to poison people or explosive gases to cause explosion from little ignition and all. And then The user can also remove the air around a limited amount of area(wherever the user wants) for a limited amount of time. And of course the user can fly.

Drawbacks: The user will also get effected by the poisonous air if they inhales or get caught in the explosions if the user is too close or the explosion is too big.
    Last edited by Aether; 12-07-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Nothing special, but I couldn't think of anything better.

[Lottery]

User is able to increase and decrease his own luck based on a fortune and misfortune. If something good happens to him then, his luck will increase. It could be anything, such as finding a coin on the street. Of course, it's exactly the same with with misfortune. If something bad happens to him, then his luck will decrease.

As for the actual combat, the only way to increase or decrease his own luck is by dodging and hitting his opponent. Every single attack he has dodged, and every single blow he was able to land on an opponent will vastly increase his luck. Therefore, the more he's hitting, the bigger chance of him winning the fight. Greater luck allows him to succesfully dodge opponent's attack after all. However, it's not like he's omnipotent. Just like he can easily incrase his own luck, it can also very easily decrease. As stated above, the more he's getting hit, the bigger chance of him losing a fight.

The user can't increase luck on his own, it's all based of his action and things which happens to him. He can't deactivate his, that's why stored misfrotune can't be removed no matter what. Therefore, there's a high chance of him storing a great amount of misfortune and never being able to live a normal life.

- - - Updated - - -

So far, so good, I guess. There are seven Quirks so far.

@Chisaki; @Makenzy; @DoflaMihawk; @InkSpot; feel free to join.

[Gravity Zone]

User can increase the gravity around him up to 2x the regular Earth gravity. This has an AoE of 20 feet, though the effect lessens gradually the further away from the user you are. This can be used to throw opponents off-balance if they don't expect it, or even flatten them to the ground if they're weak enough.

The drawback is that the user also feels the change in gravity, making it difficult if not impossible to move, so they can only activate it for a second or two at a time. This time limit can increase with proper training of course.

I'm rather bad at this kind of stuff, so I won't be joining.

Will vote though.