Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Make a quirk thread

Here's one I thought up

Every minute, every hour: User can heighten their reflexes and perceive time 60x slower. To them, 1 second goes by in a minute. They can react and move in a calculated and precise way while using the technique. Benefits include dodging attacks, countering perfectly, aim, and outstrategize the opponent.

Drawback - the user can only move so fast as they could normally. They still couldn't dodge a bullet point blank unless they were physically capable of doing so.

Also, the user suffers extreme mental fatigue and headaches for exceeding their time limit. For every minute the technique is used, the user experiences a perceived hour. So they can only use they can only use the technique for about 10-15 minutes a day.

@Ultraviolet; It's a good idea, but it's better to save it for later. I'm planning to host a tournament about pretty much the same thing, creating Quirks. However, there's no point in hosting two different tournaments at the same time, so I have to wait until VICE's tournament ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Ultraviolet; It's a good idea, but it's better to save it for later. I'm planning to host a tournament about pretty much the same thing, creating Quirks. However, there's no point in hosting two different tournaments at the same time, so I have to wait until VICE's tournament ends.
    But the tournaments are in completely different sections. It's not like they're exclusive or they'd take attention away from each other.

Just think, what would All Might do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    But the tournaments are in completely different sections. It's not like they're exclusive or they'd take attention away from each other.

Just think, what would All Might do?
    I'm aware of that, but isn't there a rule about not hosting two tournaments at the same time? Well, whatever. It's better to just ask a mod.

@Makenzye; what do you think?

I'm aware of that, but isn't there a rule about not hosting two tournaments at the same time? Well, whatever. It's better to just ask a mod.

@Makenzye; what do you think?
    Upper staff don't really like it when there's more than one tourney. I don't think it's a terrible idea to have this thread, as it might get others primed and thinking about a potential tournament. Though the tournament might not necessarily be about what they're thinking its going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Upper staff don't really like it when there's more than one tourney. I don't think it's a terrible idea to have this thread, as it might get others primed and thinking about a potential tournament. Though the tournament might not necessarily be about what they're thinking its going to be.
    (((Upper Staff)))

Take advantage of bnha as the Sotm while it lasts imo.

Yea me and jorm where already talking about makeing something like this.

Also cool qurik i like it

- - - Updated - - -

(((Upper Staff)))

It's it's own section though?

Best girl.

(((Upper Staff)))

BnHA is permanent sub-section.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    Yea me and jorm where already talking about makeing something like this.

Also cool qurik i like it

- - - Updated - - -

It's it's own section though?
    Oh

anyway, I still think you should kick it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    I can confirm that I'm cool with it.

But I suppose GP is the tournament guy, better double check with him.

Oh

anyway, I still think you should kick it off.
    Yea we want to, but this thread is good cause it let's us check interest for the idea although maybe that should be it's own thread

Regardless i got some cool ideas to use the Quirks for as well so where not stopping with just makeing them

Best girl.

Alright, it's decided. I'll make a thread later on, don't worry. There are a few more active members since the last tournament, so I guess it's a good time to host another one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    I can confirm that I'm cool with it.

But I suppose GP is the tournament guy, better double check with him.
    Nah, if you're cool with it, then we don't need Great Potato's permission.

Alright, it's decided. I'll make a thread later on, don't worry. There are a few more active members since the last tournament, so I guess it's a good time to host another one.
    zehahaha

Are you going to start with just making the Quirks and then voting on them?

Best girl.

Are you going to start with just making the Quirks and then voting on them?
    As usual, I'll make a sign up thread. From that time, everyone's going to have a certain amount of time to sing up and create a Quirk, maybe even two. I'm sure 3 to 4 days are enough to do that, right?

As usual, I'll make a sign up thread. From that time, everyone's going to have a certain amount of time to sing up and create a Quirk, maybe even two. I'm sure 3 to 4 days are enough to do that, right?
    Yea that sounds fine if. After that wear going to vote on what quirk is the best? after that i would like to see if there is anything else we can do with the idea.

Best girl.

Only one quirk to a person, just like the series

(It would be a pain to slap together something else)

dis gon b gud.

Ive got some cool quirks in mind.

Yea that sounds fine if. After that wear going to vote on what quirk is the best? after that i would like to see if there is anything else we can do with the idea.
    Correct. I'm still not sure about the numbers, however most of the matches are going to contain two, possibly three Quirks in a single round. Let's say, All For One vs One For All. You just have to vote for a Quirk you like better or which is more creative. Simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Only one quirk to a person, just like the series

(It would be a pain to slap together something else)
    Yeah, that's what I thought, however Boku no Hero Academia subsection doesn't have a great number of active members, so two Quirks sound like a good idea to me. Well, I'll go with a single Quirk for now, but it might change later on. Honestly, it depends on the number of participants.

Correct. I'm still not sure about the numbers, however most of the matches are going to contain two, possibly three Quirks in a single round. Let's say, All For One vs One For All. You just have to vote for a Quirk you like better or which is more creative. Simple as that.
    Okay fair enough i think 2 sounds fine cause 3 can be a bit weird at times. This might be take it to far but maybe some diffrent things to vote for like creativity, usefulness (how many things can it be used for etc...)

Best girl.