This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot let that statement slide.

Don get too cocky you know, for the true kings of football will rise again
    haha where are you from mate? Brazil?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mort View Post
    haha where are you from mate? Brazil?
    Yeah

We had a... misfortunate event last time(our team was a complete mess ). But things will be different now .

Btw what are german current lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    I meant the current lineup lol, the qualifiers lineup
    ah mb i think it was smt like:

Casillas, Ramos, Pique, Azpilicueta, Alba, Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Diego Costa

ah mb i think it was smt like:

Casillas, Ramos, Pique, Azpilicueta, Alba, Busquets, Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Silva, Diego Costa

no, 2018 qualifiers man

@Pirao, do you have it?

Yeah

We had a... misfortunate event last time(our team was a complete mess ). But things will be different now .

Btw what are german current lineup?
    That was one of the best moments in my whole life

I know it will be different, your squad seems way better to me now and Brazil massacred all South America in the group stages... Brazil is hungry !

It's difficult to predict our line-up since Löw is testing so much the last year, he switched between 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3, 5-4-1, 5-3-2...

I guess it will be smt like:
    Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Kimmich, Hector, Kroos, Gündogan (I'd hope to see Goretzka), Özil, Sané,
    Müller/ Draxler, Werner

Sometimes he plays Özil on the wing instead of Sané/ Draxler to add another midfielder like Khedira, I don't realy like it but it seems to work... we'll see
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 12-06-2017 at 05:44 AM.

I guess it will be smt like:
    Neuer, Boateng, Hummels, Kimmich, Hector, Kroos, Gündogan (I'd hope to see Goretzka), Özil, Sané,
    Müller/ Draxler, Werner

Sometimes he plays Özil on the wing instead of Sané/ Draxler to add another midfielder like Khedira, I don't realy like it but it seems to work... we'll see

strong lineup indeed. I dont know Hector and goretzka.
    Dont like Ozil in the wings and he should never take Draxler off the team. strange that Khedira isnt a regular anymore, though I dont know how he's doing in the current season.

Some of my friends think France is stronger than German now, but I dont think so.

no, 2018 qualifiers man

@Pirao, do you have it?
    De Gea
    Carvajal, Ramos, Pique, Alba
    Koke, Iniesta, Busquets, Silva, Asensio
    Isco

That would be the best XI probably, changing someone for Costa or Rodrigo depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    England master race

i bet no one else in this threads scrub country is even in it
    Plz ma denmark and ma japan is here

Netherlands will win the cup

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerclaw View Post
    Timo Werner
    Not at all mate

Neuer is 31, best age for a goalkeeper. Our squad is big enough, we don't have to rely on Müller or Götze. Even without Schweinsteiger we got one of the best mid-fields in the world, we had no problem replacing him.

We never really had world-class wingers and forwards in the last years except Müller (in his own way) and Klose. Germany doesn't rely on individual talent, we always relied on being a team. Leroy Sané, Draxler and Timo Werner are the most gifted offensive players we had in YEARS. So if the German attack doesn't scare you now, it never had. Which would be awkward since we usually score a shitload of goals.

Central defense is also world-class, our main problem is the le left defender. And that no one will ever be able to replace Lahm. He left a big hole in the squad.

Anyway, Germany is one of the only 3-4 countries which has a squad comparable to an European Top-CLub, our -21 won the confed cup against grown up players, we've got world-class players on all-most every position. I'd say only Spains squad is more consistent than ours.

BTW Germany is allmost sure to reach the semis. We're lucky:
    1/8 vs Costa Rica/ Switzerland
    1/4 vs England / Poland

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't say that the team looks "much better", Spain got more young talents than last time but that's all. Your squad was arguably the best on paper.

The problem was that Spain = Real + Barca + a bit of Athletico. La Liga was played until the last day between Athletico and Barca, they had to be at 100% at every single game. And all 3 teams went to uefa CL semi-finals, the final was even between Athletico and Real.

Spain had no energy left, that's all.
    Thats what I mean by good players and not great players. Werner is a good player, but he isnt up there with the best at least not yet. Neither are Sane or Draxler, both of whom are struggling to get any real game time at the clubs theyre in. I forgot Lahm, yeah hes almost impossible to replace.

I back Brazil to win the world cup this year, Spain are a good side but they arent as good as they where and if recent history has anything to say about it im more than confident they wont win the world cup. Collectively id say France has the best squad by a stand out mile, but Brazil look the most dangerous and France can be a bit toothless at times

strong lineup indeed. I dont know Hector and goretzka.
    Dont like Ozil in the wings and he should never take Draxler off the team. strange that Khedira isnt a regular anymore, though I dont know how he's doing in the current season.

Some of my friends think France is stronger than German now, but I dont think so.
    Hector is a solid Bundesliga-player, nothing more. Goretzka is insane, he carries Schalke on his own. He does everything in the midfield, I've never seen a player with his profile actually. He will leave this winter or next summer for one of Europe's biggest clubs for sure.

My opinion about France:
    Has the potential to be the worlds best team I guess, but they've a shitty mentality and their trainer has no game-plan except Griezmann, the whole team plays for him. If he has a bad day, France will suck. Even if they got M'bappé, Martial, Dembelé, ... M'bappé (right foot) for example plays on the right wing for france, he can't do the "Robben move" which is the most powerfull weapon a winger can have these days. His best moves at Monaco were when he came from the left at full speed. In France he's just there to assist Griezmann.

Deschamps also likes to play with like Matuidi, Kanté and Pogba in the midfield. Physically unbeatable but 0 technique and no play-maker.
    Kanté and Matuidi got the same profile: +100 in interception and ball recovery but -100 in passing and vision. Kanté rekts in England and is able to destroy the lines but I doubt he could do that in Spain for example, with their high pressing he'd loose the ball IMO.
    Pogba is not technique enough to complete and isn't a play-maker. He doesn't like to stay deep and pass, he needs a creator next to him (like Pirlo at Juve), he likes to take the ball and project himself forward. And smh since Pogba was sold for 120m he tries to much, dribbling and slowing the game.

Tolisso could do it. Rabiot is somehow between Pogba and Tolisso.
    Tolisso-Pogba-Kanté would be nice. Kanté for recovery, Tolisso as a play-maker and Pogba as a free electron, doing his run-ups.

But it seems like Tolisso won't even play under Deschamps And there are plenty of other things, like Giroud in the main line-up ect...

They really struggle when they have possession against dirty teams and that's what will happen against the likes of Uruguay/Portugal/Argentina.

And their parcour is way to hard, it's by far the hardest in the WC. Wouldn't bet on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thats what I mean by good players and not great players. Werner is a good player, but he isnt up there with the best at least not yet. Neither are Sane or Draxler, both of whom are struggling to get any real game time at the clubs theyre in. I forgot Lahm, yeah hes almost impossible to replace.
    Like I said, we never really had gods like Suarez, Messi, Robben, Ronaldo or Neymar in the past 20 years.
    Having attacking players like France, Brazil or Argentina has never been more than a dream for Germany. But Germany is about being a team more than any other country could even dream of.

2014 we had Klose (36yo...), old Podolski, a young Draxxler, a shitty Schürrle, Götze (struggling to get play time at Bayern) and Müller. And Özil who was playing on the right wing...
    Argentina had Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Lavezzi... We scored 18 goals, they scored 8.

Football isn't only about forwards. The first attackers are the defenders, the first defenders are the attackers. How many passes will Messi get if our Midfield completely rapes theirs? And tell me which defenders are better game-openers by passing/ crossing between Hummels&Boateng and Otamendi&Mascherano? ;)

Klose isn't the world record scorer in WCs because he's the best forward who ever lived. He is because he was part of a brilliant team. We don't have to rely on individual achievements to win our game because our game-plan is good enough. That's a feat, not a disadvantage.

Anyway, the first thing to watch isn't the attack, it's the defense. It's not about who will score more goals, it's about who will concede less.
    "Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles."
    - Sir Alex Ferguson
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 12-07-2017 at 09:29 AM.