Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

World Cup 2018 Predictions

The groups have been revealed since a few days so it's time for some predictions!

Groups:
    Group A: Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Uruguay.
    Group B: Portugal, Spain, Morocco and Iran.
    Group C: France, Australia, Peru and Denmark.
    Group D: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria.
    Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia.
    Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden and Korea Republic.
    Group G: Belgium, Panama, Tunisia and England.
    Group H: Poland, Senegal, Colombia and Japan.

Final Schedule:
    1A vs 2B; 1C vs 2D; 1E vs 2F; 1G vs 2H; 1B vs 2A; 1D vs 2C; 1F vs 2E; 1H vs 2G

Which teams will be 1. and 2. of their group? Who will reach the semi-finals? Who will be top-scorer? Who are your favorites and which one of them will win the cup?

I don't see many possibilities for surprises in the group-stage, no group with 2 heavyweights has a third team which is able to defend like a beast and could steal some crucial points.

A: Uruguay, Russia. Egyptia has Mohamed Salah but Russia has Vladimir Putin.
    B: Spain, Portugal. Arabic teams can't defend, no way they steal a game to kick out a big team.
    C: France, Denmark.
    D: Croatia, Argentina. I could see Argentina loosing some points in the early stage and not being first but in the end they'll qualify.
    E: Brazil, Costa Rica.
    F: Germany, Sweden.
    G: Belgium, England. If there was an eastern european team instead of Panama/Tunisia, I'd give them a chance to create a surprise. They know how to defend but Panama and Tunisia...
    H: Poland, Colombia.

My favorites are Germany, Brasil and Spain. Before the groups came out I'd put France as well but they got the hardest parcour.
    If they get first: 1/8 vs argentina/croatie; 1/4 vs portugal/ uruguay, 1/2 vs brasil/ belgium.
    If they get second: 1/8 vs argentina/croatie; 1/4 vs spain; 1/2 vs germany.
    Would need to much luck to win all those games and especially the dirty defending teams are hard to play for france since they get forced to have the possession and Deschamps game-plan sucks.
    And he still uses Giroud haha what a troll...

Argentina, Portugal and Uruguay will be the worst opponents to face, defending like hell, playing dirty and counter-attacking with the best attacking players in the world.
    Especially Uruguay scares me, their central defense plays together all the year at Athletico and their attack are Cavani, a beast and Suarez, a hybrid between a beast and the dirtiest rat around.

Semi-Finals:
    Uruguay - Brasil and Spain - Germany.

The winner between Germany and Spain should win the final, being the two most solid teams and having an easier parcour. Except if Brasil, Belgium or France mutates into an unstoppable beast over the tournament, which they have the potential for but that's an if.
    Or if some dick like Argentina, Portugal or Uruguay steal all their matches
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 12-03-2017 at 11:59 PM.

I'm going with Germany.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Germany for me. I feel like they're one step ahead of other big teams like Argentina, Spain and France.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mort View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see many possibilities for surprises in the group-stage, no group with 2 heavyweights has a third team which is able to defend like a beast and could steal some crucial points.

A: Uruguay, Russia. Egyptia has Mohamed Salah but Russia has Vladimir Putin.
    B: Spain, Portugal. Arabic teams can't defend, no way they steal a game to kick out a big team.
    C: France, Denmark.
    D: Croatia, Argentina. I could see Argentina loosing some points in the early stage and not being first but in the end they'll qualify.
    E: Brazil, Costa Rica.
    F: Germany, Sweden.
    G: Belgium, England. If there was an eastern european team instead of Panama/Tunisia, I'd give them a chance to create a surprise. They know how to defend but Panama and Tunisia...
    H: Poland, Colombia.

My favorites are Germany, Brasil and Spain. Before the groups came out I'd put France as well but they got the hardest parcour.
    If they get first: 1/8 vs argentina/croatie; 1/4 vs portugal/ uruguay, 1/2 vs brasil/ belgium.
    If they get second: 1/8 vs argentina/croatie; 1/4 vs spain; 1/2 vs germany.
    Would need to much luck to win all those games and especially the dirty defending teams are hard to play for france since they get forced to have the possession and Deschamps game-plan sucks.
    And he still uses Giroud haha what a troll...

Argentina, Portugal and Uruguay will be the worst opponents to face, defending like hell, playing dirty and counter-attacking with the best attacking players in the world.
    Especially Uruguay scares me, their central defense plays together all the year at Athletico and their attack are Cavani, a beast and Suarez, a hybrid between a beast and the dirtiest rat around.

Semi-Finals:
    Uruguay - Brasil and Spain - Germany.

The winner between Germany and Spain should win the final, being the two most solid teams and having an easier parcour. Except if Brasil, Belgium or France mutates into an unstoppable beast over the tournament, which they have the potential for but that's an if.
    Or if some dick like Argentina, Portugal or Uruguay steal all their matches
    this is a solid list, i think it's to early to say how exactly it's gonna go, but i doubt anyone can convince me that this isn't the way it's gonna go.

i'm fairly certain italy won't win it this time

Brazil, France, Germany and Spain are playing semi

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    i'm fairly certain italy won't win it this time

also fairly certain i'll pretend this year's edition doesn't exist

hmph

England master race

i bet no one else in this threads scrub country is even in it

Brazil is taking this one

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    England master race

i bet no one else in this threads scrub country is even in it
    England
    My scrub country happens to be the one and only master race and it won the last WC

England
    My scrub country happens to be the one and only master race and it won the last WC
    A German huh, then you should know better than anyone how hopeless it is for you this time around

An aging neuer, a disgraced muller, a gotze with an eating disorder, and the fall of the like schweinsteiger has left a big dent in your team. In fact, I cant really think of anyone I really fear in Germanys attack except possibly Ozil . You have a few good players up front, but no great players your biggest threat is Kroos and hes a midfielder. Your team is still better than Englands, but id be surprised if you get to the semis

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Brazil is taking this one
    If they don't the country is going to break the legs of its players

I just hope Spain doesn't disgrace itself again like in the last WC. Doubt it'll happen since the team looks much better than last time, though. I think we'll get to quarters or semis, at least.

A German huh, then you should know better than anyone how hopeless it is for you this time around

An aging neuer, a disgraced muller, a gotze with an eating disorder, and the fall of the like schweinsteiger has left a big dent in your team. In fact, I cant really think of anyone I really fear in Germanys attack except possibly Ozil . You have a few good players up front, but no great players your biggest threat is Kroos and hes a midfielder. Your team is still better than Englands, but id be surprised if you get to the semis
    Timo Werner

Not at all mate

Neuer is 31, best age for a goalkeeper. Our squad is big enough, we don't have to rely on Müller or Götze. Even without Schweinsteiger we got one of the best mid-fields in the world, we had no problem replacing him.

We never really had world-class wingers and forwards in the last years except Müller (in his own way) and Klose. Germany doesn't rely on individual talent, we always relied on being a team. Leroy Sané, Draxler and Timo Werner are the most gifted offensive players we had in YEARS. So if the German attack doesn't scare you now, it never had. Which would be awkward since we usually score a shitload of goals.

Central defense is also world-class, our main problem is the le left defender. And that no one will ever be able to replace Lahm. He left a big hole in the squad.

Anyway, Germany is one of the only 3-4 countries which has a squad comparable to an European Top-CLub, our -21 won the confed cup against grown up players, we've got world-class players on all-most every position. I'd say only Spains squad is more consistent than ours.

BTW Germany is allmost sure to reach the semis. We're lucky:
    1/8 vs Costa Rica/ Switzerland
    1/4 vs England / Poland

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    I just hope Spain doesn't disgrace itself again like in the last WC. Doubt it'll happen since the team looks much better than last time, though. I think we'll get to quarters or semis, at least.
    I wouldn't say that the team looks "much better", Spain got more young talents than last time but that's all. Your squad was arguably the best on paper.

The problem was that Spain = Real + Barca + a bit of Athletico. La Liga was played until the last day between Athletico and Barca, they had to be at 100% at every single game. And all 3 teams went to uefa CL semi-finals, the final was even between Athletico and Real.

Spain had no energy left, that's all.
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 12-06-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Whats the main lineup?

I only remember De Gea, Pique, Sergio Ramos and Iniesta

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Whats the main lineup?

I only remember De Gea, Pique, Sergio Ramos and Iniesta
    Spains squad in 2014 was absolute world-class. Most expensive squad in the tournament.

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas, Pepe Reina, David De Gea
    Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Gerard Pique, Raul Albiol, Javi Martinez, Juanfran, Jordi Alba, Cesar Azpilicueta
    Midfielders: Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Andres Iniesta, Koke, Sergio Busquets, Santi Cazorla, Cesc Fabregas, Juan Mata, David Silva
    Forwards: Pedro, Diego Costa, David Villa, Fernando Torres.
    Since then some players became world-class like Alcantara, Morata, Isco, Koke and Carvajal. They got plenty of young talents like Asensio, Bellerin, Niguez ect...
    And many big names from 2014 are still playing as well.

Spain is ridiculous...

Do not forget that Muller becomes a beast in World cups.

England
    I cannot let that statement slide.

Don get too cocky you know, for the true kings of football will rise again

- - - Updated - - -

Spains squad in 2014 was absolute world-class. Most expensive squad in the tournament.

Since then some players became world-class like Alcantara, Morata, Isco, Koke and Carvajal. They got plenty of young talents like Asensio, Bellerin, Niguez ect...
    And many big names from 2014 are still playing as well.

Spain is ridiculous...
    I meant the current lineup lol, the qualifiers lineup