Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Henlo

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I do not, here's my MAL in case anyone is interested: https://myanimelist.net/profile/fiif1

He will never know

I've read up to issue #20 I think, I'm definitely gonna catch up to it though. Same with Hal, I've read to issue #25 and I'm gonna catch up when I have the time.

Since I'm Finnish I can't buy things physically except by trade waiting and when I do things that way I just go buy the selected trade from the one shop that sells comics in here. Marvel stuff hasn't seemed interesting to me, except for Moon Knight which I might check out at some point. And don't really know much about any other comics. I'm open to suggestions though.

I really like Setsuna as well, you could maybe realize that from my set though. He is a bit similar to Heero and Mika but just a way better character than either one of them.

I actually didn't know this exists, now that I do I want to read it. Thanks :]
    Missing out on plenty o' comics. Though being Finnish subjects you to the shitstorm expense that is the Finnish DM for comics, of which completely sucks.

Probably because current Marvel is bad

At least until the Axel Alonso era finally washes away

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Spooky Hero View Post
    But Lord Drakkon

Maybe eventually
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    Missing out on plenty o' comics. Though being Finnish subjects you to the shitstorm expense that is the Finnish DM for comics, of which completely sucks.
    Yeah I know I am, I'm not even reading all the DC stuff I'd want. At least I'm used to reading digital and Comixology is pretty useful for that so it isn't all bad but I do prefer reading physical copies. Also the fact that there's only one shop in Helsinki at least that sells the comics means that the prices are higher. What are your favorites?

Maybe eventually

Yeah I know I am, I'm not even reading all the DC stuff I'd want. At least I'm used to reading digital and Comixology is pretty useful for that so it isn't all bad but I do prefer reading physical copies. Also the fact that there's only one shop in Helsinki at least that sells the comics means that the prices are higher. What are your favorites?
    See if Elmo will pick you up some stuff next time he comes to visit me

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

For anyone who reads this: Elmo is my dog, he's a French Bulldog

See if Elmo will pick you up some stuff next time he comes to visit me
    If Elmo is coming there you can be sure that he's coming with me so I can pick them up myself

If Elmo is coming there you can be sure that he's coming with me so I can pick them up myself
    Majestic Puppers

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Maybe eventually

I've always been curious how much more expensive Finnish Comixology is. You also have a fellow comic reader from your neck of the woods in Ink Spot.

I also love physical copies. Digital copies have their own light and all that stuff, and the Comixology reader is pretty sharp, but nothing really beats the "fidelity" of real life and the lack of lag, and feel of a real comic. And the smell. Don't know what it is. Probably mind control chemicals. But I love the smell of comics.

I got a mess ton of "favorites," to be honest. It's sort of hard for me to sort out which are my favorites. Out of DC alone? Titans, Flash, GL, Super Sons, HJatGLC, WW, Action Comics, Superman, I get a feeling the new Etrigan series is gonna be among them, Blue Beetle, Doom Patrol, among others. Though out of all those? Flash, Super Sons, Action, and Superman are probably the tops. But then again I really liked the origin arc GLs went through, and the action of GLC. Blargh. Let's just go with Flash for DC.

What a strange cat.

Make sure to vote for BC for SotM

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

I've always been curious how much more expensive Finnish Comixology is. You also have a fellow comic reader from your neck of the woods in Ink Spot.

I also love physical copies. Digital copies have their own light and all that stuff, and the Comixology reader is pretty sharp, but nothing really beats the "fidelity" of real life and the lack of lag, and feel of a real comic. And the smell. Don't know what it is. Probably mind control chemicals. But I love the smell of comics.

I got a mess ton of "favorites," to be honest. It's sort of hard for me to sort out which are my favorites. Out of DC alone? Titans, Flash, GL, Super Sons, HJatGLC, WW, Action Comics, Superman, I get a feeling the new Etrigan series is gonna be among them, Blue Beetle, Doom Patrol, among others. Though out of all those? Flash, Super Sons, Action, and Superman are probably the tops. But then again I really liked the origin arc GLs went through, and the action of GLC. Blargh. Let's just go with Flash for DC.
    The new biweekly DC single issues are 2,69€ which is like 3,20 USD. Good to know.

The smell is really part of it yeah, I also love it. But you pretty much explained why I prefer physical as well. And with physical there's no worrying about battery and stuff and it's easier to read where you want to.

I've been reading Super Sons as well, forgot to say that. I'm trying to catch up on Superman and Action, I've never been interested in Supes really but I've seen the comic get a lot of praise and it also has some events that are important for DC Rebirth as a whole so I feel like reading it will be a good thing. I've always liked Etrigan so I'll probably read it as well, to be more correct I haven't read any of his solo series but I've enjoyed him whenever he has been in a comic I've read. I feel like Jessica is a really good addition to the Earth Lanterns, don't care that much for Simon but he's just alright, the relationship between the two of them has been good though. I dropped Flash after the Rogues arc, I didn't really like Godspeed arc at all and the Rogue arc was cool and I enjoyed it but I kinda lost interest in it, has it been better after that?

I'm also probably gonna get JL again when Hitch isn't writing it anymore and we get Priest to write it. I tried to read King's Batman as well but I just didn't like the dialogue in it, Batman repeating the same thing to Bane multiple times and all the "bat" and "cat" dialogue between Batman and Catwoman.

I need to catch up on Super Sons

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

The new biweekly DC single issues are 2,69€ which is like 3,20 USD. Good to know.

The smell is really part of it yeah, I also love it. But you pretty much explained why I prefer physical as well. And with physical there's no worrying about battery and stuff and it's easier to read where you want to.

I've been reading Super Sons as well, forgot to say that. I'm trying to catch up on Superman and Action, I've never been interested in Supes really but I've seen the comic get a lot of praise and it also has some events that are important for DC Rebirth as a whole so I feel like reading it will be a good thing. I've always liked Etrigan so I'll probably read it as well, to be more correct I haven't read any of his solo series but I've enjoyed him whenever he has been in a comic I've read. I feel like Jessica is a really good addition to the Earth Lanterns, don't care that much for Simon but he's just alright, the relationship between the two of them has been good though. I dropped Flash after the Rogues arc, I didn't really like Godspeed arc at all and the Rogue arc was cool and I enjoyed it but I kinda lost interest in it, has it been better after that?

I'm also probably gonna get JL again when Hitch isn't writing it anymore and we get Priest to write it. I tried to read King's Batman as well but I just didn't like the dialogue in it, Batman repeating the same thing to Bane multiple times and all the "bat" and "cat" dialogue between Batman and Catwoman.
    That's actually not that bad for a price.

GL's big draw is the relationship between the two. I'm not sure either one of them at this point could really carry a book on their own, though Simon would probably be the most likely to do so. Unfortunately he'd probably feel like a more novice and derivative Hal right now.

I thought the Rogues storyline was pretty good, but Godspeed felt a little on the obvious side as more of a reinforcement of what Barry does and is. So you could've skipped that no prob. It picked up for me after that, but if you weren't a fan of the Godspeed storyline, you might not like how some of that has seemed to loop back in a little in the recent issues.

Btw. Stardust Memory and 08th4Lyfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    What a strange cat.
    The best kind of cat
    That's actually not that bad for a price.

GL's big draw is the relationship between the two. I'm not sure either one of them at this point could really carry a book on their own, though Simon would probably be the most likely to do so. Unfortunately he'd probably feel like a more novice and derivative Hal right now.

I thought the Rogues storyline was pretty good, but Godspeed felt a little on the obvious side as more of a reinforcement of what Barry does and is. So you could've skipped that no prob. It picked up for me after that, but if you weren't a fan of the Godspeed storyline, you might not like how some of that has seemed to loop back in a little in the recent issues.

Btw. Stardust Memory and 08th4Lyfe.
    And yeah definitely for GLs, Simon just feels kind of pointless as a character, I guess it's good for diversity but with Hal, John, Guy and Kyle already don't really see the point. Especially now that Kyle is a Green Lantern again, or was at least in the point where I'm in the story.

Well I'll check the arc after the Rogues one at least then, if I remember correctly there was something with Eobard as well so that seems interesting enough.

Both are really good so nothing wrong with that

The best kind of cat

And yeah definitely for GLs, Simon just feels kind of pointless as a character, I guess it's good for diversity but with Hal, John, Guy and Kyle already don't really see the point. Especially now that Kyle is a Green Lantern again, or was at least in the point where I'm in the story.

Well I'll check the arc after the Rogues one at least then, if I remember correctly there was something with Eobard as well so that seems interesting enough.

http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...rs-Legacy-Wars

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

The best kind of cat

Simon sort of fulfills the more self-angry character, where Hal fulfilled the cocky/confident, Kyle the self-reflective and insecure, John with the hardline and structured Lantern, and Guy with the "Hal with no self control" Lantern. Baaz works well in that, but as a solo he can only get so far. So hopefully he just stays a team character.

I see you truly appreciate a whole body of work.

I can't post everywhere immediately
    Simon sort of fulfills the more self-angry character, where Hal fulfilled the cocky/confident, Kyle the self-reflective and insecure, John with the hardline and structured Lantern, and Guy with the "Hal with no self control" Lantern. Baaz works well in that, but as a solo he can only get so far. So hopefully he just stays a team character.

I see you truly appreciate a whole body of work.
    I guess yeah I hope they swap him to be part of Green Lantern Corps book at some point, they probably will. I definitely wouldn't mind Kyle or Guy having their solo books.

Only Gundam series I'm not a huge fan of is Age, even that may change when I eventually rewatch it but when I watched it as it was airing it wasn't enjoyable.

I can't post everywhere immediately

I guess yeah I hope they swap him to be part of Green Lantern Corps book at some point, they probably will. I definitely wouldn't mind Kyle or Guy having their solo books.

Only Gundam series I'm not a huge fan of is Age, even that may change when I eventually rewatch it but when I watched it as it was airing it wasn't enjoyable.
    I've been enjoying them sort of just sharing a title so they can focus on characters a little by little without going overboard. I'd like it if they just went through phases where one Lantern sort of just took the "front role" for a while to prevent too much lackluster stories.

Me? I didn't care for Wing, believe it or not. For some reason I just couldn't get behind it. Liked G Gundam, crazy enough.

You read any of the side series like Blue Destiny?

I've been enjoying them sort of just sharing a title so they can focus on characters a little by little without going overboard. I'd like it if they just went through phases where one Lantern sort of just took the "front role" for a while to prevent too much lackluster stories.

Me? I didn't care for Wing, believe it or not. For some reason I just couldn't get behind it. Liked G Gundam, crazy enough.

You read any of the side series like Blue Destiny?
    I don't mind it either, it's enjoyable. I just want other ones to get more focus later as well. It's good for Jess and Simon though as they're the two newest ones so they definitely need it the most. That would be cool.

Wing is my least favorite Gundam series that I managed to enjoy so it isn't really that hard to believe for me. I never liked Heero as a character and Wufei was pretty boring as well. Duo was alright but I didn't really care about him either. Relena was unbearable at times. I did like Trowa, Quatre and Milliardo though. G is enjoyable though I definitely need to rewatch it to remember it better.

I've read mostly SEED side story mangas: SEED Astray, Astray R, Destiny Astray R, Delta Astray and those ones. I've read 00F as well but that's about it.

I don't mind it either, it's enjoyable. I just want other ones to get more focus later as well. It's good for Jess and Simon though as they're the two newest ones so they definitely need it the most. That would be cool.

Wing is my least favorite Gundam series that I managed to enjoy so it isn't really that hard to believe for me. I never liked Heero as a character and Wufei was pretty boring as well. Duo was alright but I didn't really care about him either. Relena was unbearable at times. I did like Trowa, Quatre and Milliardo though. G is enjoyable though I definitely need to rewatch it to remember it better.

I've read mostly SEED side story mangas: SEED Astray, Astray R, Destiny Astray R, Delta Astray and those ones. I've read 00F as well but that's about it.
    G was more about brainless fun and what designers could get away with for the Gundams themselves. Otherwise it was basically just a run of the mill battle shonen series with a nationalistic flavor to it. And stereotypes. I'm almost a little surprised Bolt Gundam wasn't Vodka Gundam. lol

Argh. I tried so hard to get into SEED, and for whatever reason I kept falling out of favor with it. It wasn't as overly designed as some of the Gundams were, but I just couldn't do it.

G was more about brainless fun and what designers could get away with for the Gundams themselves. Otherwise it was basically just a run of the mill battle shonen series with a nationalistic flavor to it. And stereotypes. I'm almost a little surprised Bolt Gundam wasn't Vodka Gundam. lol

Argh. I tried so hard to get into SEED, and for whatever reason I kept falling out of favor with it. It wasn't as overly designed as some of the Gundams were, but I just couldn't do it.
    Yeah but that also made it enjoyable to watch, the Gundam designs were extemely unique, though based on stereotypes yeah, I wouldn't have come up with a Windmill Gundam but there it was.

Storywise SEED is pretty similar to the just Gundam, it's nothing wild comoared to some other series SEED is really good, SEED Destiny on the other hand ruins some characters and relationships they used a lot of time in building in SEED which gets annoying, the quality of writing changes a lot during it and the new MC isn't that good (to the point where they changed back to SEED MC later in the series). SEED is the first one I've seen so that may explain my love for it a bit but I've seen it 7 times now.