3 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

One Piece Chapter 886 Discussion Thread

Let the shitstorm commence

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let the shitstorm commence
    I'll get the food ready.

So much hate even though the actual chapter was good.

Oven got hit with cheap shots twice, yet it doesn't seem to have hurt him too much. As for why he didn't sense them with CoO despite being in the middle of combat, well...whatever.

Luffy didn't get a power up just yet, if Oda plays his cards right it'll be fine. The "if" part is the issue here. Kata declining faster than Luffy due to fighting isn't really good but, once again...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisaki View Post
    So much hate even though the actual chapter was good.
    Where? Only Y and Pat posted.

Things are moving at a decent pace. The cake is done and just needs the icing and Bege just arrived at the scene. I can see Bege potentially fighting Oven but then that begs the question of what everyone else is going to do since they're all surrounded.

As for Carrot's comment, maybe she'll get stronger or fight in a berserker style come the full moon. No idea. Not sure what Luffy's comment mean in relation to the rest of this arc. No one is going to have time to get back to full power so....I have no idea. Also weird how Observation is being handled now. I mean, it always showed you the future. Granted, Katakuri's was a bit more advanced in that it gave you a glimpse a few extra seconds even more than usual but Observation always showed you the future so Luffy's comment just sounds really odd.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

Liked Sanji and Capone this chapter.I wonder who will fight Oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Oven got hit with cheap shots twice, yet it doesn't seem to have hurt him too much. As for why he didn't sense them with CoO despite being in the middle of combat, well...whatever.

Luffy didn't get a power up just yet, if Oda plays his cards right it'll be fine. The "if" part is the issue here. Kata declining faster than Luffy due to fighting isn't really good but, once again...whatever.

Where? Only Y and Pat posted.
    Meant the hate that was in the spoiler thread.

I liked this chapter. I feel this was the first time in awhile that Luffy actually wants to beat someone just to prove himself and not for some other reason.

The Commander From Hell

We The North

Quote Originally Posted by Chisaki View Post
    Meant the hate that was in the spoiler thread.
    Oh...the purpose of the thread is to discuss what's been disclosed and speculate based on that, no need to take it too seriously.

well the thing people had problems with translated seamlessly into the final chapter, but I think everything about that has been said tenfold.

Bege was goat. The actual chapter was awesome, wererabbit carrot sounds dope as well.

Oda is at a crosstoads. Give luffy a proper growth slowly, or rush to ruin his manga. That being said the haki power up is more vague than the spoiler implied so i'm relieved.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    Bege was goat. The actual chapter was awesome, wererabbit carrot sounds dope as well.

Oda is at a crosstoads. Give luffy a proper growth slowly, or rush to ruin his manga.
    well if we're being honest. Luffy usually spiked.

Hard fights were pretty much accepted to be what made Luffy grow the most up until now (before Haki), it's just been spelled out and has been given in-universe grounding. While yes, now that Oda has went out of his way to actually present it this way it does open the door to a very famous writers cop-out.

Here's hoping he won't abuse it.

The chapter was good. Bege I hope Oda handles Luffy vs Katakuri well. Luffy's comment is a bit unsettling but whatever.

This climax is going to be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    Things are moving at a decent pace. The cake is done and just needs the icing and Bege just arrived at the scene. I can see Bege potentially fighting Oven but then that begs the question of what everyone else is going to do since they're all surrounded.

As for Carrot's comment, maybe she'll get stronger or fight in a berserker style come the full moon. No idea. Not sure what Luffy's comment mean in relation to the rest of this arc. No one is going to have time to get back to full power so....I have no idea. Also weird how Observation is being handled now. I mean, it always showed you the future. Granted, Katakuri's was a bit more advanced in that it gave you a glimpse a few extra seconds even more than usual but Observation always showed you the future so Luffy's comment just sounds really odd.
    Well based off what Capone said about katakuri seeing into the future is not a normal application of CoO.

Might of read a bad translation though

Another Fillerchapter...

Quote Originally Posted by 120 View Post
    Another Fillerchapter...
    No. A filler chapter would be Sanji just delivering the cake, people making speeches/crying and Luffy running through the towns but we got some decent action and progression instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    No. A filler chapter would be Sanji just delivering the cake, people making speeches/crying and Luffy running through the towns but we got some decent action and progression instead.
    The current Mainevent is the Walking Plotarmor Luffy vs Katakuri.

And not Oven vs Sanji

Quote Originally Posted by 120 View Post
    The current Mainevent is the Walking Plotarmor Luffy vs Katakuri.

And not Oven vs Sanji
    Well that's a lot better then having chapters devoted to Luffy running while recharging.