Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's multiple reasons why people are going to complain tbf. Can't really blame em

Anyways; I just want this arc to end already.
    It's more like people complaining just to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    It's more like people complaining just to complain.
    Nope.

Regarding the Haki thing yes it is.

Not really.

Spelling it out like this opens a giant can of worms. Don't like this one bit. It basically opens the door for mid fight asspulls.

No. Why wasn't this a thing vs Cracker or vs Doflamingo? Why is it only brought up now, when it just so happens to be super convenient for plot's sake?

There's more criticism to be had, but I'm too lazy to continue. You get the point

Could already see the shitstorm coming when I read the spoilers on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    Not really.

Spelling it out like this opens a giant can of worms. Don't like this one bit. It basically opens the door for mid fight asspulls.
    While I agree with you there, the concept of it which is what I'm talking about isn't an asspull. As we had scenes similar to it.

Everything else just depends on how it is executed, I wouldn't mind it if it was a slow growth during/after the fight but a sudden huge boost is when I would have a problem with it.

No. Why wasn't this a thing vs Cracker or vs Doflamingo? Why is it only brought up now, when it just so happens to be super convenient for plot's sake?

There's more criticism to be had, but I'm too lazy to continue. You get the point
    Yeah exactly. This is all development we could have gotten in earlier arcs. Just no reason for Luffy to be learning on the job against a Yonkou crew.

Going to be PK barely facing anybody. Barely exploring the NW. Why even tell us abut the Silver Medalists, the numerous CotC users DCJ talked about, Allied crews(BM basically has none), and the level 6 inmates on top of rivals like the SN, Smoker, and Coby. All stepping stones all made irrelevant instead.

Nobody matters now. Why even get hype for any Samurai, Giant, new commanders, or even Teach's crew and the other SN. Drake, Apoo, Killer, and even Kidd are going to treated like Smoker.
    Last edited by Dayum; 11-22-2017 at 03:07 PM.

The only problem with that "haki is learnt through fight" thingie is that it's brought only now, when it's - as already mentioned - pretty convenient for the plot. As for me, I was expecting something like that since the TS, because it's what makes the most sense : that during his 2 years of training, Luffy developped his haki enough to get much better than before as well as developping areas he wouldn't notice until later on. Much like when you train your tactics in chess, you don't suddenly get much better, but after playing some games and spotting better and better when said tactics arise THEN you manage to use them at the right time.

I don't understand either why something like that wasn't brought up during the Dofla/Cracker fights since Luffy was on the ropes there aswell but w/e

I have feeling that Luffy will be able to rape Zoro and Sanji together(heck add Jinbei into the mix)when they reach top yonkou commander lvl.
    Last edited by Perun; 11-22-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Now I'm just wondering if chapters come today, or tomorrow.

Don't see why it would be brought up during Luffy vs Cracker or Luffy vs Doflamingo. Doffy wasn't stronger than G4 Luffy and with Cracker I would say Luffy couldn't bring him down before the time limit, here have someone completely stronger than Luffy in every way. We have instances of Luffy using Haki against Mihawk when he previously didn't even know about it.
    This was always a thing but like Y said it's just spelled out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Don't see why it would be brought up during Luffy vs Cracker or Luffy vs Doflamingo. Doffy wasn't stronger than G4 Luffy and with Cracker I would say Luffy couldn't bring him down before the time limit, here have someone completely stronger than Luffy in every way. We have instances of Luffy using Haki against Mihawk when he previously didn't even know about it.
    This was always a thing but like Y said it's just spelled out now.
    Because you're looking at it how it unfolded. Oda could have wrote the plot and fights anyway he wanted but this is the direction he is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Because you're looking at it how it unfolded. Oda could have wrote the plot and fights anyway he wanted but this is the direction he is going.
    I don't follow.

Feels like Oda is taking a page from DBZ with this tbh.

Capone fighting Oven sounds interesting and it looks like Katakuri will indeed go down. Also possible berserk mode for Carrot.

Normal human being " are you kidding me, this is no different than Fairy Tails Natsu/Erza power up "

Reddit reaction " Brilliant writing every thing about One Piece = flawlessly executed without an ass-pull "

This is clearly a way for Oda to speed up the series. Though it was somewhat hinted multiple times, even from some stuff we saw after the TS.

- - - Updated - - -

Luffy went from taking hits from Hody and Bellamy to having his Haki stand against Doflamingo and Cracker. Convenient way to get stronger, should have been mentioned earlier yes, but let's not forget that we've seen this throughout the series. Teach commending on Luffy's Haki, the Mihawk stuff, Luffy suddenly releasing a CoC blast that could knock out tons of elite marines whereas he was only knocking out some fodder animals etc

Quote Originally Posted by brachydios View Post
    Normal human being " are you kidding me, this is no different than Fairy Tails Natsu/Erza power up "

Reddit reaction " Brilliant writing every thing about One Piece = flawlessly executed without an ass-pull "
    As a DBZ fan i kind off like this but i understand why people have issues with it. It does seem like something that Oda came up with on the fly and he could had came up with something more creative rather then "you are superstrong so i got even more strong"

I mean this is also a case of some guys here being really weird and as Albion said bitching for the sake of bitching. EL happened, people were praising it like fuck. Luffy went from getting fodderize by Croc, to beating him in the same arc yet guys always praise it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sanji not getting a fight in this arc is the worse thing Oda has ever done. Like he could have him make the cake and fight, and truly shine in an arc that's his own, but nope let's just have him make the cake.

How do you sharpen your will power? It's not like ''oh ok, I decided to use extra will power now just watch.'' , of course you can improve yourself in tough battles, that's not something new.

All these supernovas have improved due to fighting non-stop in the new world, all Luffy needs now tough battles, then he will surpass them due to his base training.