Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, Ouhon was eager on the first day but didn't make a big spectacle about it and waited for his chance which paid off.
    for Shin, I think it's not instinct that he's itching to use, but rather because he wants accomplishments (as usual) but even more so because he was useless on the first day, watching Mouten become general already. I find this a flaw with the new gen, they're all too eager to make a name for themselves and get that glory to prove themselves, being reckless and rather selfish in doing so. I imagine Ouhon wouldn't let it get the better of his emotions but Shin on the other hand ... it's okay to be frustrated but I think a good leader shouldn't show "weakness" in a situation like this.

Anyways, this by itself as an isolated incident isn't much but I've been annoyed because it's been adding up across arcs.
    But he did a big spetacle, he totally played the spoiled brat. He called Akou's plan a joke to his face (a plan was said to be the CiC's too), he demanded it was remade to his content and when he got a nope he literally throw in a tantrum until he got clobbered and only then he shut his mouth, he was literally ready to play the "boss's son card". Still no one called that childish and about showing "weakness" just look at his unit reactions:

About "Ouhon wouldn't let it get the better of his emotions", how about that time he attacked Shin for just a little teasing?

In the "eager" part it's not their fault actually, this notion of "get achievements no matter what" was drilled in their minds since young age, specially for Shin. Mouten just didn't took it so serious as the others cause of his personalitty.

So @Void;'s issue is with Shin's behavior when not on a battlefield, I mean I get what you saying about composure and all but its not Shin's style to be smooth and calm at handling shit off the battlefield and even then shit still get resolved no matter how he goes at it, I mean even in this chapter his men settled down after his outbreak. Its not about him being childish though.

I mean we seen Shin not being good off the battlefield many times but that can be brushed aside cause he has staff officers to aid with that and he delivery on battlefield eclipses his shortcomings off the battlefield, I think Hara had Shousa and Suugen cement that for the rookies back in Retsubi.

And again Shin did not punch Denei for laughs he wanted to stop the commotion that his officers were causing due to their frustrations which in turn would have put more pressure and insecurity into the already nervous rookies who have yet to make up for their poor performance at Retsubi.
    Last edited by adage; 11-22-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    But he did a big spetacle, he totally played the spoiled brat. He called Akou's plan a joke to his face (a plan was said to be the CiC's too), he demanded it was remade to his content and when he got a nope he literally throw in a tantrum until he got clobbered and only then he shut his mouth, he was literally ready to play the "boss's son card". Still no one called that childish and about showing "weakness" just look at his unit reactions:

About "Ouhon wouldn't let it get the better of his emotions", how about that time he attacked Shin for just a little teasing?

In the "eager" part it's not their fault actually, this notion of "get achievements no matter what" was drilled in their minds since young age, specially for Shin. Mouten just didn't took it so serious as the others cause of his personalitty.
    Reading that 1st page made me remember. while ouhon think he runs the show,at the end of the day he's still just a piece on ousen's board. he did pretty much what ousen expected him to do

I stand corrected then, but I was thinking more on the lines of "they didn't come to blows" to resolve that problem. not to mention Ouhon was put in his place fast and didn't escalate it afterwards.

you mean right before the FDs arc started? that's a tricky one for me to judge: I'd say if a commander of equal rank was teasing you, you wouldn't want to show weakness but I don't think Ouhon reacting the way he did would negatively impact his leadership

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    So @Void;'s issue is with Shin's behavior when not on a battlefield, I mean I get what you saying about composure and all but its not Shin's style to be smooth and calm at handling shit off the battlefield and even then shit still get resolved no matter how he goes at it, I mean even in this chapter his men settled down after his outbreak. Its not about him being childish though.

I mean we seen Shin not being good off the battlefield many times but that can be brushed aside cause he has staff officers to aid with that and he delivery on battlefield eclipses his shortcomings off the battlefield, I think Hara had Shousa and Suugen cement that for the rookies back in Retsubi.

And again Shin did not punch Denei for laughs he wanted to stop the commotion that his officers were causing due to their frustrations which in turn would have put more pressure and insecurity into the already nervous rookies who have yet to make up for their poor performance at Retsubi.
    well thing is, he can improve himself but he's been stuck like this for a long while. how much longer can this excuse last? even til he's already GG? I mean, I don't expect Shin to hold in his anger and frustrations completely like nothing's happened but at least show some restraint

again, I'm still waiting on translation but if he punched Denei to resolve their quarrel and left it at that with words like "I'm frustrated too, but we gotta save that for when we can crack some Zhao heads" , it'd be fine. but no, he was still angry and took out his anger on the table, essentially throwing a fit. I see that as childish.

I imagine using a forceful approach then throwing a fit wouldn't do any good for those guys. however, reassuring words after (if needed to quell the commotion, a punch) dealing with Denei like "I'm frustrated as hell too, but instead of raising a commotion here amongst ourselves, we should channel that into something constructive like giving our best tomorrow" or something. I know Shin's not the best at words but he should be able to convey something akin to this in his own words.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

you mean right before the FDs arc started? that's a tricky one for me to judge: I'd say if a commander of equal rank was teasing you, you wouldn't want to show weakness but I don't think Ouhon reacting the way he did would negatively impact his leadership
    Shouldn't he play the bigger man then since he thinks he is? Or just tease back accordingly? he resorted to violence immediately and again just look at his men faces in this scene too, whenever Ouhon starts to go wild out of nowhere they just stand there not knowing what to do so what about "giving example" now?

Shouldn't he play the bigger man then since he thinks he is? Or just tease back accordingly? he resorted to violence immediately and again just look at his men faces in this scene too, whenever Ouhon starts to go wild out of nowhere they just stand there not knowing what to do so what about "giving example" now?
    obviously, those are two rare moments so it shows that he doesn't act this way often, unlike an certain ex slave

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

obviously, those are two rare moments so it shows that he doesn't act this way often, unlike an certain ex slave
    the fact that one is a ex-slave makes it even worse for the other

AGAIN, I BRUSH THE PUNCH OFF BECAUSE OF THE ART STYLE AND I NEED CONTEXT OF THE SITUATION THROUGH TRANSLATION TO FULLY UNDERSTAND AND JUDGE IT. ARE YOU GOING TO JUSTIFY WHY SHIN NEEDS TO ACT LIKE A CHILD BY BREAKING TABLES AND THROWING FITS BECAUSE OUSEN DIDN'T GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO SHINE YET OR NOT?

like hory fucking shet, all you guys care about is the damn punch and tunneling that while I already said I can live with it for now but my problem is him throwing a fit afterwards by breaking that table because that doesn't look like what a good leader should do.

I don't see why illustrating my argument in detail to justify my stance on this instead of just hestoning others is being a dick
    I am joking, rant away my friend, rant away ...