View Poll Results: Pick

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jiraiya

    17 45.95%
  • Whitebeard

    20 54.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,403

    Whitebeard's Death or Jiraiya's Death

    Which was done better?



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  2. #2
    Fallen Under Grace Nightfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    39,641
    Whitebeard’s death.


    "For years he devoted himself to training and after he could no longer find strong foes, Mihawk joined the Warlords."

    "Though Hawk-Eyes strikes fear into the hearts of those who follow the way of the sword, he looks forward to the future, to the day when he will meet the swordmaster that surpasses his rival 'Red Hair'."

    "He rose to renown even before the Great Age of Piracy. Even now he reigns supreme as the World's Best in name and actuality, an exceptional master swordsman."

    "He sits atop as the strongest, gazing down at his prey. The World's Strongest Swordsman!"

  3. #3
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,403
    I preferred Jiraiya's



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  4. #4
    Whitebeard destroys
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao


    [/spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/MW5gyad.gif[/spoiler]

  5. #5
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Meng Hao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whitebeard destroys
    Clearly not if bullets are involved



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  6. #6
    Whitebeard's.

  7. #7
    Emotionally, Jiraiya's death was better IMO. Him talking about his many failures from not being able to protect his master or his student, constantly getting rejected by Tsunade and thinking he hasn't doing anything worthy during his lifetime made me shed many tears. Then ultimately him accepting his death sinking to the depths of the lake was amazing.

    In terms of just pure epicness, obviously Whitebeard takes it. Both were amazingly written and I would say both of their death was some of the best writing from the respective authors

  8. #8
    Not Gay Drift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    doot doot
    Posts
    10,013
    Whitebeard was so fucking boss when he died


  9. #9
    JustSomeDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Nun Ya
    Posts
    3,106
    Voting for Jiraiya for emotional reasons, but Whitebeard went out like an absolute monster.

  10. #10
    Both were very well done. I don't think you can really compare them, since they were so different. Jiraiya's was more emotional, whereas Whitebeard's was more epic.

    Though I suppose both deaths were similar in that they each failed to complete their original goal, but managed to screw their enemies over with their last spark of life.
    No.​

  11. #11
    Mr. Tambourine Man Rasendori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,113
    Anime Jiraya

    Manga WB
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

  12. #12
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    12,397
    Aside from WBs death being more epic, he also changed the scope of the entire series. Really tough to get better than that





  13. #13
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aside from WBs death being more epic, he also changed the scope of the entire series. Really tough to get better than that
    But Jiraiya's death impacted Naruto hard where Luffy wasn't even phase d by WB's death



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  14. #14
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    12,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Spooky Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Jiraiya's death impacted Naruto hard where Luffy wasn't even phase d by WB's death
    WBs death made an impact to the whole world so I don’t get your point





  15. #15
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both were very well done. I don't think you can really compare them, since they were so different. Jiraiya's was more emotional, whereas Whitebeard's was more epic.

    Though I suppose both deaths were similar in that they each failed to complete their original goal, but managed to screw their enemies over with their last spark of life.
    Pretty much. Also, neither got beat fair and square, which left a really bad after taste.

  16. #16
    Jiraya's death was more sad. But Whitebeard's death was legendary


  17. #17
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WBs death made an impact to the whole world so I don’t get your point
    Like a soft key impact

    As much as the new world is threatening



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  18. #18
    WORST MANIPULATOR Efege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    11,281
    Jiraiya ofc

  19. #19
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,403
    Jiraiya back in the lead.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •