7 41.18%
  • 4/5

5 29.41%
  • 5/5

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope. We saw him at the wedding. Maybe he's from the same litter as Cracker.

Can't see that but I believe you. Still makes it seem he's a player if they decided to place him in that slot. Could have put Tomago instead.

I'm still mad about Bobbins being done in like he was. Editor's telling Oda he can't should not make ugos bosses . Random tangent but feel same happened to Trebol and OG cracker and Roland and Captain Crunch(Nusstore). So many underutilized characters we have not gotten to know. Makes it hard to get hype for a new face when the old faces either turned into jokes or stand around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    So those Mochi fists are pretty fast.

Why did G4 run out so quickly? Could have at least showed a few panels making it seem like the fight went on and on. Also don't get why Oda got rid of his G4's regained immunity to blunt attacks. I hope that doesn't magically return against another fighter. Two hard hits from a first mate and Luffy can still keep going. At this point all damage is superficial or critical. No accumulation unless Oda decides so(this goes for everyone not just Luffy).

Is that Cracker back in between Daifunka and Compote?
    G4 didn't run out. It's just that he feared such fate will happen. Can't blame Oda, if he were to be consistent in his portrayal, Luffy would've ended up in a lame condition after going all out with Katakuri and would've not been able to rush out and meet up with his crew, but instead get himself captured in the best worst scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    G4 didn't run out. It's just that he feared such fate will happen. Can't blame Oda, if he were to be consistent in his portrayal, Luffy would've ended up in a lame condition after going all out with Katakuri and would've not been able to rush out and meet up with his crew, but instead get himself captured in the best worst scenario.
    Uh...what? Luffy ran away saying Kata reminded him his form was about to run-out then we saw him run out.

Uh...what? Luffy ran away saying Kata reminded him his form was about to run-out then we saw him run out.
    we did see Luffy's state when the G4 ran out previously, after his fight with Doflamingo. Is it any similar to you now?

if you're referring to the scene when he shrunk, i think he did that deliberately to preserve his haki.
    Last edited by Thief; 11-10-2017 at 09:06 PM.

we did see Luffy's state when he the G4 ran out previously after his fight with Doflamingo. was the situations any similar to you?

if you're referring to the scene when he shrunk, i think he did that deliberately to preserve his haki.
    He still can't use his Haki though. He had the same time frame in which he couldn't use Haki against Doffy which is 10 minutes.

I just chalk it up it up to Luffy's body getting more accustomed to G4's energy usage.

there's a huge difference between bailing out from fear and tactical retreat. this is probably oda's way of not writing himself in a corner by conveniently teleporting him to a bigger threat. luffy intended to jump back in the pit after his haki reserves were back but that's not even an option anymore with big mom going after him

luffy was clearly the underdog and had no business taking out katakuri there but it was looking promising at the very least. would've liked to see him attempt to use awakening or show off some new moves before oda decided to hit the eject button but i'm hoping we see oven vs. sanji soon to compensate for this anti-climatic fight

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    He still can't use his Haki though. He had the same time frame in which he couldn't use Haki against Doffy which is 10 minutes.

I just chalk it up it up to Luffy's body getting more accustomed to G4's energy usage.
    you sure? too lazy to re-check the chapter.

If yes, then I'm of the same opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    > Burgess

> High Tier commander

He was able to fight with the Revolutionary no.2, like Luffy is able to fight with Katakuri right now. Unless you believe Katakuri > Sabo. Burgess is easily in the realm of Luffy's level.

Not only that he finds the Revolutionary base, he was even useful at the end of the fight.

How much time has passed?

we did see Luffy's state when he the G4 ran out previously after his fight with Doflamingo. was the situations any similar to you?

I can barely read this. He fought Doffy off-camera for a long time before G4 ran out.

Here he launched far few attacks then said he had to bail. He did not decide to exhale mid-air and clumsily fall to the floor, he clearly collapsed. He ran out in the middle of trying to fly away as fast as he could. It couldn't have been more than 3 minutes of fighting(really a few dozen seconds given they are hypersonic superhumans) yet he still needs a 10 minute recharge and ran out that quickly?

I'm starting to ask myself how Big Mom will go down...

I sincerely doubt there will be another arc dedicated to her since we already saw everything about her crew. But the first Yonko that Luffy will take down is Kaido right? Didn't Oda state it somewhere?

So how will Big Mom die? Will another Yonko take advantage of her current weakness to take her down? Will she appear in another arc later, an arc dedicated to someone else where she plays a lesser role? Or will she survive to stay at her yonko position forever like she does since her rivalry with Roger?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mort View Post

I sincerely doubt there will be another arc dedicated to her since we already saw everything about her crew. But the first Yonko that Luffy will take down is Kaido right? Didn't Oda state it somewhere?

So how will Big Mom die? Will another Yonko take advantage of her current weakness to take her down? Will she appear in another arc later, an arc dedicated to someone else where she plays a lesser role? Or will she survive to stay at her yonko position forever like she does since her rivalry with Roger?
    the victory obviously won't be as sweet with big mom dying from a classic protagonist beatdown but the prestige behind her name is as good dead when everything said and done. mont d'or highlights this in the chapter. reputation and honor is so valuable to a yonko especially since they use prestige as leeway to operate things their own way. they won't have the freedom to do as they please anymore after morgans captures her entire empire in shambles with her alliance betraying her and sanji 'defeating her' by giving her an intense food coma

it doesn't really bode well for her reputation in the future and it might give other pirates the green light to get brave and mess with her operations after seeing half of the straw hats and a few alliances invade her territory and leave scot free. maybe she's not that threatening after all. not a lot of people in this world can take down big mom in a fight but her relevance is basically dead and i wouldn't want to give big mom her redemption arc because it'll slow the pacing down

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    the victory obviously won't be as sweet with big mom dying from a classic protagonist beatdown but the prestige behind her name is as good dead when everything said and done. mont d'or highlights this in the chapter. reputation and honor is so valuable to a yonko especially since they use prestige as leeway to operate things their own way. they won't have the freedom to do as they please anymore after morgans captures her entire empire in shambles with her alliance betraying her and sanji 'defeating her' by giving her an intense food coma

it doesn't really bode well for her reputation in the future and it might give other pirates the green light to get brave and mess with her operations after seeing half of the straw hats and a few alliances invade her territory and leave scot free. maybe she's not that threatening after all. not a lot of people in this world can take down big mom in a fight but her relevance is basically dead and i wouldn't want to give big mom her redemption arc because it'll slow the pacing down
    I agree with everything you said. She cannot stay the feared yonko she was, EVEN if she would kill the strawhats. Too many important people were there to see what happened, to witness her weakness.
    Another arc would definitely be too much.

I'm starting to believe that Big Moms downfall will just be a something we hear of like Marcos defeat against blackbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by baji17 View Post
    I never said said that he'd be exactly as strong if not stronger than Katakuri, I believe he would be in his ballpark, luffy didnt really seem that much at a disadvantage vs Katakuri, katakuri may have had a slight edge over Luffy but nothing that noticeable to separate the two fighters, things went south when luffys time limit ticked, not to mention that Luffy actually believes he can still take him down with g4.

Baseless, nothing suggests that marco or beckman are at such a higher level than Katakuri especially Beckman, u cant just throw baseless claims around and except people to take them seriously, unless the manga implies that in anyway I will believe that the first mates are all on the same general level, this forum has a fetish of throwing around power levels and claiming them as facts, just before this arc we had people claiming that Vista low diffs g4 and doflamingo, frankly I wouldnt be surprised if there are people who still believe it.
    Well I'm sorry, but youd be wrong. Katakuri had more than just a slight edge against G4, he was reacting to luffys attacks and landing strength mochi very comfortably.

I'm not saying people like marco or Beckman are on a different level to katakuri, my point was that if he could handle g4s speed without any problems, then they should be able to as well

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

Good chapter 4/5

I hope BM gets oneshotted by Sanji's cake for serious that would make for a hilarious finish

Can't see that but I believe you. Still makes it seem he's a player if they decided to place him in that slot. Could have put Tomago instead.

I'm still mad about Bobbins being done in like he was. Editor's telling Oda he can't should not make ugos bosses . Random tangent but feel same happened to Trebol and OG cracker and Roland and Captain Crunch(Nusstore). So many underutilized characters we have not gotten to know. Makes it hard to get hype for a new face when the old faces either turned into jokes or stand around.
    The arc boss herself is a gonk type character, so I don't know why Oda didn't make Bobbin her right hand as originally intended. Katakuri and armorless Cracker are a bit too generic for my taste. Smoothie has the best design of the Sweet Generals, hands down. Bobbin, Smoothie and Biscuit Knight Cracker would have been a better lineup for the Sweet Generals.

I actually like the thought of Bobbin being a master swordsman with advanced CoO and the Mochi-Mochi Fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Why is this even a thead?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mort View Post

She can still go down in Elbaf. We only really saw Katakuri this arc. We might see some Oven. Everyone else just gave us snippets or nothing. Streusen, Compote, and Smoothie being the big ones. Elbaf's focus would be on Loki and his forces but can also serve as a true defeat of the BM pirates.
    Last edited by Dayum; 11-11-2017 at 12:28 AM.

The arc boss herself is a gonk type character, so I don't know why Oda didn't make Bobbin her right hand as originally intended. Katakuri and armorless Cracker are a bit too generic for my taste. Smoothie has the best design of the Sweet Generals, hands down. Bobbin, Smoothie and Biscuit Knight Cracker would have been a better lineup for the Sweet Generals.

I actually like the thought of Bobbin being a master swordsman with advanced CoO and the Mochi-Mochi Fruit.
    Pudding being an entirely different character or having an older 3-eyed sister would have been cool too.

Mochi works better with a melee style. Fine with a hypnosis fruit and a big sword. Easy counter for such an ability is that they are all faster then sound so it only really works mid-fight if he up close so they'd fall asleep or get drowsy just as he is about to connect with his sword. Don't like Smoothie as a Sweet Commander because her power is difficult to translate into combat. If she were lower ranked it would be fine for her to be more of a one-trick pony like Jora, Sugar, and Senor but a Yonkou Elite is supposed to be well rounded with high stats. She gets no screen time because Oda doesn't know how to utilize her without her either instant owning her opposition or looking like a failure.

Let’s be realistic here

the best lineup would be like

Bobbins/Katakuri/Cracker
    Bobbins/Amande/Cracker

Smoothie is such trash that I can’t even...

Thought it was cool that Amande could cut through Perospero's candy when Luffy couldn't do squat with a haki-less G3 attack. Amande's power probably comes at the expense of her speed, which physically doesn't make much sense unless she's accelerating extremely quickly right at the point of contact.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif