Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Pretty Flacko Jr. Teo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    6,787

    Replace Pre-Skip Luffy with Current Luffy...

    replace pre-skip luffy with current luffy in the summit war saga

    do you think current luffy could have rescued ace from impel down?

    do you think current luffy's strength is enough to make a difference in the war of the best/battle of marineford?

    could current luffy have saved ace from execution at marineford?
    R O C K S T A R

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    replace pre-skip luffy with current luffy in the summit war saga

    do you think current luffy could have rescued ace from impel down?
    Yes, he could've reached him sooner.
    Last edited by Ascot; 11-10-2017 at 08:24 AM.

  3. #3
    maybe save Ace from Impale down if he is not too late, But not from Marineford


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Teo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    could current luffy have saved ace from execution at marineford?
    Well, considering that Ace's death was his own fault then no.

  5. #5
    But he DID save Ace. The only issue was Ace turning back to fight Akainu and in that case, whether he's Current or not Luffy wouldn't of prevented that.

    As for Impel Down, well, the question just comes down to whether Current Luffy can defeat Magellan or not and with G4, I would definitely err on yes.....though I'm not 100% certain. At least, I'm not sure what state Luffy would be in after he has defeated him. Magellan still had Ivankov, Jinbei, and everyone else running away from him because he was just too dangerous to fight. And yes, I know Luffy has strong resistance to poison now but Magellan is the master of poison and at the very least, Kinjite isn't something to mess with.

    Then there's the question of whether reinforcements would be sent if they knew about Luffy freeing Ace and the entire war hinging on Ace being at the execution but that's out of the scope of this thread.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As for Impel Down, well, the question just comes down to whether Current Luffy can defeat Magellan or not and with G4, I would definitely err on yes.....though I'm not 100% certain. At least, I'm not sure what state Luffy would be in after he has defeated him. Magellan still had Ivankov, Jinbei, and everyone else running away from him because he was just too dangerous to fight. And yes, I know Luffy has strong resistance to poison now but Magellan is the master of poison and at the very least, Kinjite isn't something to mess with.
    If he frees Ace in Impel Down then Ace could fight Magellan, can't Ace defeat him?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he frees Ace in Impel Down then Ace could fight Magellan, can't Ace defeat him?
    Luffy fought Magellan before he got down to Ace which is the point in time I was talking about.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luffy fought Magellan before he got down to Ace which is the point in time I was talking about.
    Yeah, you are right.

    Man I need to reread a lot of it.

  9. #9
    Ace didn't die because he turned back to fight Akainu... he died because he took a hit for Luffy who couldn't move. Current Luffy wouldn't be totally exhausted and so Ace wouldn't have to take the hit for him.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But he DID save Ace. The only issue was Ace turning back to fight Akainu and in that case, whether he's Current or not Luffy wouldn't of prevented that.
    Ace died because he took an attack from Akainu aimed at Luffy. Post-skip Luffy would not have been as vulnerable so no Suicide.

    No way to know specifics but MF would have been completely different with current Luffy. The same events just wouldn't happen. Most importantly not as much plot shields and downgrading in strength. Garp probably would have knocked Luffy away like he did Luffy just not hit him as hard as he could.

  11. #11
    Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,474
    I think things would go differently but endgame off Ace dying would be the same.

  12. #12
    Ace's fate was sealed. Someone much stronger than Luffy would have gone after him had he activated G4.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think things would go differently but endgame off Ace dying would be the same.
    Pretty much the opposite of this. The WB pirates getting wrecked, Ace getting freed, etc. would be mostly the same. The main difference is that Ace wouldn't need to sacrifice himself to save Luffy, so he would survive.
    "What!? Obviously Doflamingo and any other New World saga antagonist can easily beat that Whitebeard pirate with the top hat whose name I forgot, the one who appeared for a few panels at Marineford. Also Barreltheif is my favorite poster on NF." - Eiichiro Oda (SBS)

  14. #14
    Main Antagonist Erkan12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,246
    Luffy would beat Mihawk and Vista would solos the Admirals.

    *Stupidest Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu KOed Whitebeard
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mihawk>Shanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a Faggot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They clearly are too afraid to even think of actually challenging Mihawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was talking about PHYSICAL distance across the ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by HisMajestyMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zoro > Luffy
    Quote Originally Posted by HisMajestyMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blackbeard doesnt have CoC

    *Successful Posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Erkan soloed all of you
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Crunch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    who actually gives a shit about Mihawk's title
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjunctivitis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Erkan is definitely making a strong point here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaang View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BM wins midd to high diff.

  15. #15
    Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,474
    Quote Originally Posted by barreltheif View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty much the opposite of this. The WB pirates getting wrecked, Ace getting freed, etc. would be mostly the same. The main difference is that Ace wouldn't need to sacrifice himself to save Luffy, so he would survive.
    Akainu could still had killed him though althought i guess you can argue that they could had stalled Akainu enough for Ace to survive with him not near-death.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ace died because he took an attack from Akainu aimed at Luffy. Post-skip Luffy would not have been as vulnerable so no Suicide.

    No way to know specifics but MF would have been completely different with current Luffy. The same events just wouldn't happen. Most importantly not as much plot shields and downgrading in strength. Garp probably would have knocked Luffy away like he did Luffy just not hit him as hard as he could.
    I wonder about that. Luffy was attacked by Kizaru multiple times, attacked by Aokiji once, and he also stood up to all three Admirals at the same time once. The only reason Luffy wasn't oneshotted at any of those locations was because Oda had said characters hold back like 99.9% of their strength and not use haki. As you say, we probably won't get *as much* plot shields and strength downgrading but at the end of the day, I don't see Luffy being in too much better of a state since he'd still be going up against every single top brass Marine in the entire war.

    Also, Ace initiated that confrontation with Akainu. It was his fault that Luffy was put into that predicament in the first place. If he had run with him then they would've reached safety a lot sooner wouldn't they? Or at least they would've been able to play a defensive game that would've made a fatal hit on Ace less likely than stopping altogether and fighting for a bit.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  17. #17
    Tigerclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Marine HQ
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder about that. Luffy was attacked by Kizaru multiple times, attacked by Aokiji once, and he also stood up to all three Admirals at the same time once. The only reason Luffy wasn't oneshotted at any of those locations was because Oda had said characters hold back like 99.9% of their strength and not use haki. As you say, we probably won't get *as much* plot shields and strength downgrading but at the end of the day, I don't see Luffy being in too much better of a state since he'd still be going up against every single top brass Marine in the entire war.

    Also, Ace initiated that confrontation with Akainu. It was his fault that Luffy was put into that predicament in the first place. If he had run with him then they would've reached safety a lot sooner wouldn't they? Or at least they would've been able to play a defensive game that would've made a fatal hit on Ace less likely than stopping altogether and fighting for a bit.
    I doubt that Akainu would've just let them go, even if they didn't turn back. Their only chance of survival right there was to reach Marco and Vista and let them handle the Admiral. Akainu was right on their tail. I suppose they could reach safety in time, but there's also a possibility that Akainu would've gotten to them faster.
    Last edited by Tigerclaw; 11-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    The Greatest Military Strength of The World Government, The Three Admirals!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerclaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt that Akainu would've just let them go, even if they didn't turn back. Their only chance of survival right there was to reach Marco and Vista and let them handle the Admiral. Akainu was right on their tail. I suppose they could reach safety in time, but there's also a possibility that Akainu would've gotten to them faster.
    Luffy and Ace were escaping with allies and Marco wasn't too far behind. By taunting Ace, Akainu drew him back into danger and ultimately to his death. If Luffy and Ace continued to book it out of there then they'd be playing a defensive game with other allies while Akainu would be playing catch up. That makes both of their chances of survival much higher than simply running straight back to Akainu.
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic461_1.gif

  19. #19
    Tigerclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Marine HQ
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luffy and Ace were escaping with allies and Marco wasn't too far behind. By taunting Ace, Akainu drew him back into danger and ultimately to his death. If Luffy and Ace continued to book it out of there then they'd be playing a defensive game with other allies while Akainu would be playing catch up. That makes both of their chances of survival much higher than simply running straight back to Akainu.
    Yeah, Ace did a fatal mistake by turning back. I just think even if they chose to keep on running, they wouldn't be safe until Marco came in to fight Akainu. It would still be difficult, but better than turning and facing Akainu head on obviously.
    The Greatest Military Strength of The World Government, The Three Admirals!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luffy would beat Mihawk and Vista would solos the Admirals.
    so Mihawk was the only thing holding Vista-king-of-top-tiers back from raping the admirals good to know

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •