0 0%
  • 3/5

2 10.00%
  • 4/5

10 50.00%
  • 5/5

8 40.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    laat chapter Hara decided to pull a Rin and Shou in chougaryuus army and i anticipated a jo coming, the current chapter he just elongated the names to jorin and joshou

remember what shk told the trio, that it will be their independence which have been nurtured for quite sometime that will help shaping the results of this battle. however abuse that independence and things go to shyet. we already have been shown that by both ouhon and mouten. question is, how many are of the opinion that Hara may just decide to use shin as a scape goat to show abuse of independence?

rip the 5400 members of the GKH Ouhon left behind

Maybe the 8000 guys Akou sent to their aid as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if I read the chapter right, I have mixed feelings. Ouhon pulled something risky that might have a chance of crippling Bananji's army with just a few hundred men trying to achieve this, but the "massive" army Ouhon left behind that was surrounded by the enemy, are they not completely fucked right now? will they not be utterly destroyed?

Is it because the enemy focused all of their attention and men on Ouhon's group and not on the other large group that was escaping?
    going along with what others said, saving bananji is the far bigger priority right now. A commander's head, especially one of banaji's calibre, is considered more valuable than a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold View Post
    going along with what others said, saving bananji is the far bigger priority right now. A commander's head, especially one of banaji's calibre, is considered more valuable than a unit.
    they are going to attempt to try to exploit a weak point assuming there aren't any safeguards against that weakpoint with a few hundred men by possibly sacrificing the majority of his and a big part of akou's army.

Seems like a suicide mission to me.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

Yeah I don't really buy the viability of this

By the time Ouhon hit Bananji's army, the GKH should already have been completely destroyed and Chougaryu's and Gakuei's armies should be en route to back up Bananji

If Bananji dies thats a very heavy blow. Zhao don't have many good subs. Someone like Bananji is honestly one of their best guys.

And Hara can't keep pulling hidden beasts out of his ass for Zhao

I dont know why you are sentencing the ones left behind to death. You think Ou Hon would throw away the unit he built since he was 300 men com this easily? they are also all elite soldiers.

They can do what chouga tought Ou Hon would: escape to the side circle him and meet with the Akou force. Sure, they will loose many, but this is war and that could not be avoided since they were surrounded last chapter. They could also push forward and pincer chouga between them and Akou's men.

You are giving both units too little credit.

To make this tactic succeed, Bananji would surely have to die in the coming weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    To make this tactic succeed, Bananji would surely have to die in the coming weeks?
    The goal wasn't even to kill Bananji, maybe the hope behind it is, but the main objective was just crippling his army to the point it would no longer pose a threat to the right or left or whatever side akou was on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    I dont know why you are sentencing the ones left behind to death. You think Ou Hon would throw away the unit he built since he was 300 men com this easily? they are also all elite soldiers.

They can do what chouga tought Ou Hon would: escape to the side circle him and meet with the Akou force. Sure, they will loose many, but this is war and that could not be avoided since they were surrounded last chapter. They could also push forward and pincer chouga between them and Akou's men.

You are giving both units too little credit.
    This would require Chougaryu being a garbage opponent when so far he's been portrayed as a sharp and efficient strategist

It's 17000 vs 4500 and all the GKH's strongest commanders ditched, even Gakuei who is a joke still shits on lolBanyou. They can't lead an effective pincer assault without a commander to control their movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    rip the 5400 members of the GKH Ouhon left behind

Maybe the 8000 guys Akou sent to their aid as well
    you mean 3900 (4500-600) i won't be surprised by day 3 Hara will still give gkh 4000 which will really be a strech for me.

Its 17k vs 12,5k

Again, you are giving Akous units no credit at all. If he send that sub to a mission he thinks is crucial he has confidence in that men.
    Also, you think someone can annihilate the Gyoku Hou in just one chapter? Ou hon would need what, 40 to 50 minutes to get there? maybe even less since he is avoiding all conflicts. They are not simple militia.

The goal wasn't even to kill Bananji, maybe the hope behind it is, but the main objective was just crippling his army to the point it would no longer pose a threat to the right or left or whatever side akou was on.
    Ummm....if the main point isn't to cripple the army and take out Bananji then it sounds stupid to me. Whilst Bananji is dealing with Ouhon/Akou, why aren't Gakuei and Chougaryu able to destroy the leader-less GH unit before pincering Akou/Ouhon from the inside themselves?

I guess the end result will make it all clear how and why they couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Ummm....if the main point isn't to cripple the army and take out Bananji then it sounds stupid to me. Whilst Bananji is dealing with Ouhon/Akou, why aren't Gakuei and Chougaryu able to destroy the leader-less GH unit before pincering Akou/Ouhon from the inside themselves?

I guess the end result will make it all clear how and why they couldn't.
    I don't know, I'm just going by what the translation is telling me.

Akou thinks;

"IF" this attack goes "well", then we'll be able to cripple the bananji army to a point where they'll be unable to pose a threat any more from today onwards.

I suppose unable to pose a threat means that they'll slay the enemy commanders, but at the same time I don't know if the same logic applies to Akou's thinking.

In page 7 Banyou was already leading them to retreat, they will lose 1 or 2k but if Ou Hon had stayed would be the same

Quote Originally Posted by Ascot View Post
    Its 17k vs 12,5k

Again, you are giving Akous units no credit at all. If he send that sub to a mission he thinks is crucial he has confidence in that men.
    Also, you think someone can annihilate the Gyoku Hou in just one chapter? Ou hon would need what, 40 to 50 minutes to get there? maybe even less since he is avoiding all conflicts. They are not simple militia.
    He was working on the assumption that the GKH was firing on all thrusters, not led by a wounded old man. The Gyoku Hou soldiers are strong but they are without any of their competent commanders while completely surrounded by 2 generals, one of which is supposed to be comparable to Rinko and Kaishibou.

The idea of a random Akou sub challenging a HK is laughable
    Last edited by Tenma; 11-08-2017 at 04:51 PM.

I don't know, I'm just going by what the translation is telling me.

Akou thinks;

"IF" this attack goes "well", then we'll be able to cripple the bananji army to a point where they'll be unable to pose a threat any more from today onwards.

I suppose unable to pose a threat means that they'll slay the enemy commanders, but at the same time I don't know if the same logic applies to Akou's thinking.

Akou said he would hold Bananji himself, so the aim really is his army and not exactly him.

To not pose a threat = to greatly reduce his army.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    He was working on the assumption that the GKH was firing on all thrusters, not led my a wounded old man. The Gyoku Hou soldiers are strong but they are without any of their competent commanders while completely surrounded by 2 generals, one of which is supposed to be comparable to Rinko and Kaishibou.

The idea of a random Akou sub challenging a HK is laughable
    He doesnt need to challenge nobody, he just needs to relieve the Gyoku Hou. And now he just need to hold chouga there. HK or not, you dont just make 8k enemies disappear. GKH is already escaping too. Of course chouga can defeat Akou sub, but it take some time.

Of course the gakuei army is still a factor too, nobody said it was over for Zhao, but Ou Hons plan was the best move so far in this wing.

Ouhon is making best out of worst situation. They were already surrounded. Fate of GKU was already decided at that time no matter what Ouhon does.
    It was basically either die with your unit on your side or cut the losses and maybe deliver a fatal blow to the enemy.
    So is this really the best strategy?
    Of course not but it certainly is the best out of option that were available to Ouhon.
    Right now Banaji is under attack. That would mean Zhao's most of the attention would be focused on him. Remnant of GKH should be able to escape in Chaos.
    This was never about idea solution. This was about how to make best out of worst situation.
    I don't really see the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    the theme of the chapter was alright, but the dynamics were awful

it's almost as if the battlefield froze while ouhon took is yet not so short detour. Where did bananji lose the responsiveness he showed in the first day? How could he not see the threat as his own reserved were aimlessly roaming around ouhon as mad bees? How are the rest of ouhon's men able to save themselves in a pinch like that? How is it ending up to be crippling to bananji, and not to ouhon himself? And didn't bananji have the advantage of seeing akou's army split, has he exploited it at all?
    Agree

I liked the idea very much but not the way it was exposed. Very static. Gave the feeling as if everybody was sitting and their asses and marveling at Ouhon