Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    B-but, is it cute?

not all the time but it has its... moments

Same reason you should read any story. Solid characters, unconventional artwork and excellent world building. All of which end up intersecting; you can't fully understand the characters without understanding the setting.

Many of the characters are tropes but they're nuanced enough to not feel like you're seeing the same character you've seen a hundred times before. The delvers (and not just Riko) all convey a sense of madness. To them, the Abyss is a way of life instead of an actual place. The very foundation of the lifestyle is seeking out an abstract they neither fully understand and are almost certain to be killed in the process. In fact, its that very danger that makes the abyss worth exploring.

None of them can be considered truly sane and this fact is accentuated by the protagonists being children. In every way, Riko and Reg are 'pure'...but innocence =/= good. Just as the artwork is drawn cutely to mask how visceral the events in the story are.
    Last edited by Genbu; 11-14-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zu View Post
    Oooo, I want to start this. In your opinion, how does it stack up to other great manga?
    Part 1 is gold, part 2 you can drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    The OP couldn't convince you?

uhh, if you want a good sense of adventure/mystery, this manga is for you. diverse and colorful world full of danger and tension. seeing as how you want good MCs, MiA's MC cast is okay nothing great or bad though. there's a pretty good villain later on so you might enjoy that
    I will read a couple of chapters later then and see how I feel.