• 4/5

10 58.82%
  • 5/5

6 35.29%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysthelimit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s simply called being the MC.
    Or being a different type of general. The Shin hate train needs to stop.

Bananji and Chougaryu have shown Kisui how to actually attack it seems. Chougaryu is more likely to die simply because his design is more basic imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    Shin wank also needs to stop

is okay to wank to Ousen, kanki or other characters but wanking to Shin, Ten and Kyoukai = Shounen trio BS

What's with all the Kisui hate? He's been shoved into an unfavourable position and used as bait by Riboku to kill Makou. His own reactions have been good and that was noted by Riboku himself. Next chapter when Chou gets himself killed/beat by Ouhon you'll all be shit talking about him I suppose.

What's with all the Kisui hate? He's been shoved into an unfavourable position and used as bait by Riboku to kill Makou. His own reactions have been good and that was noted by Riboku himself. Next chapter when Chou gets himself killed/beat by Ouhon you'll all be shit talking about him I suppose.
    Ouhon stats = the highest among young generation commanders
    Kanjou stats = similar to Rukoumi and Ryukoku 2 of great general Tou's best commanders
    GyokuHou = one of the best cavalry unit in Qin's army

on the left wing despite the numerical and moral advantage, Kisui's sweating unit unable to exploit that advantage meanwhile snake head dude is currently facing with Ouhon+Kanjou and not only that Ouhon is awakening his GG eyes = Ouki potential.

Mini Ouki+Rokoumi level commander vs Snake head =

Heavy sweating unit(HSU)+ Mouten(weak ass commander ) + Discount Mouten( Rikusen ) vs Kisui+Batei =

Kisui did nothing wrong and if you actually analyze him his feats were quite good. It just wasn't exciting. Would have been so much better had Makou been killed by a Kisui-counter tactic rather than have Kisui sucker Qin in to allow Riboku to sneak in and take him.

That being said we've yet to see anything to suggest Bananji or Chougaryu are superior to Kisui individually.

Another good chap.

Kaine: "shit the boss saw I'm late"

GETTING REAL TIRED OF YOUR SHIT GAKUEI, STFU.

I think Chougaryuu will survive the day but defeated, looking forward to what Ou Hon will come up with. Really like Bananji/Snake dude so far.

The problem with left wing is that rigan army sucks big time, ryuutou was ok but the rest should die already. Makou was also full of garbage. Mouten will have a hard work to make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Kisui did nothing wrong and if you actually analyze him his feats were quite good. It just wasn't exciting. Would have been so much better had Makou been killed by a Kisui-counter tactic rather than have Kisui sucker Qin in to allow Riboku to sneak in and take him.

That being said we've yet to see anything to suggest Bananji or Chougaryu are superior to Kisui individually.

Not sweating heavily on the first day is already above Kisui's feats on the 1st day. For Banaji he was holding Ouhon and Akou while saving Gakuei's army at the same time.

Banaji's strength and decisiveness > Kisui

Rigan army is good but it's repetitive. It starts being average but becomes very strong when there's high morale. If/when Kisui takes to the field it becomes very strong - it was compared to a Great Level inspiration effect.

Kisui has shown to be very good at using defensive formations but there's nothing offensive from him aside from lolmorale attack. Maybe Hara just hasn't given him the chance to show his potential though. We do need to remember how strong the new gen are now - it's not like he's up against Heki or Doukin/Rinbou. We're past the stage where regular generals stand a chance against the Qin guys.

Comparing Kisui to Bananji for a second, I think Kisui seems to be better in the HQ, ordering his men around, whilst Bananji is better leading a smaller army of 10k to land powerful blows. I can see how Kisui would be a good candidate to lead an army of 100k. Bananji, not a chance (yet).

Would be nice to see Ouhon dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcusx8 View Post
    Maybe I’m reaching but the guy on the right got big lips (Ou Ki) the middle look like he screaming charge (the Duke) and the other you don’t see it’s face. Once Ousen appeared with his armor I just thought it was him.
    I always thought it was more because of this

Also, there's a fourth one in the helmet:

Always thought of it as more of an initial idea, not sure Hara will stick to it (i.e the sword changed a lot, the glaive seens very similar though)

But your theory is very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Yep, MC>>>side characters, that's why he's the MC after all.
    Yeah I don’t know about all that. Occasionally in mangas there are MC who are easily overshadowed by side characters. Shin is a prime example of one of those cases

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Skysthelimit; 10-31-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Yeah I don’t know about all that. Occasionally in mangas there are MC who are easily overshadowed by side characters. Shin is a prime example of one of those cases
    Tbh I much prefer this balanced way rather than OP where Luffy always fights the strongest opponent, always gets the highest praise, always has a connection to one of the Shichibukai (other than Mihawk), has a relationship with the strongest marine ever, the most wanted criminal, the most dangerous pirate, the current leading marine, has direct links with 3 of the 4 yonkou etc.

If Kingdom was written by Oda, Shin would be the strongest of his generation by a distance and will defeat the CiC of each state 1 by 1 in every war lol.

Honestly, what kind of general is that ?

The problem with that is that Shin literally has no qualifications of being a real general. Now don’t get me wrong, he has his talents. He’s skilled at fighting and rallying his men but his only arguable tactic is using momentum and that only gets you so far. To me he barely has the rights to be a 5000 man commander as without Ten or Kyoukai he wouldn’t be able to conduct any type of successful battle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    Tbh I much prefer this balanced way rather than OP where Luffy always fights the strongest opponent, always gets the highest praise, always has a connection to one of the Shichibukai (other than Mihawk), has a relationship with the strongest marine ever, the most wanted criminal, the most dangerous pirate, the current leading marine, has direct links with 3 of the 4 yonkou etc.

If Kingdom was written by Oda, Shin would be the strongest of his generation by a distance and will defeat the CiC of each state 1 by 1 in every war lol.
    I’m not saying I have an issue with how Hara gives every character their own style and influence. In fact this type of story requires that style of writing . It’s just that I don’t personally care for Shin and his troupe as they’re quite stereotypical and Shin always shouts about being a general but he seems to lack so much but somehow continues to rise through the ranks just because of his martial capabilities

- - - Updated - - -
    Lol, no he isn't. Shin has better achievements than Mouten and Ouhon and by quite a distance. How is he overshadowed, exactly?

Honestly, what kind of general is that ?

The problem with that is that Shin literally has no qualifications of being a real general. Now don’t get me wrong, he has his talents. He’s skilled at fighting and rallying his men but his only arguable tactic is using momentum and that only gets you so far. To me he barely has the rights to be a 5000 man commander as without Ten or Kyoukai he wouldn’t be able to conduct any type of successful battle.
    Lol, but he has Ten and Kyoukai. They follow him, and not someone else.

Han Xin (one of the greatest chinese generals in history) when asked by Liu Bang (founder of the Han dynasty) how many men they could respectively command, said the following:

"How many men do you think I can command?", to which Han Xin replied, "A maximum of 100,000." Liu Bang asked, "What about you?", and Han Xin replied, "The more the better." Liu Bang said, "So that means I cannot defeat you?" Han Xin explained, "No, my lord, you command generals while I command soldiers."

You would do well to remember that, since it applies similarly to this case
    Last edited by Pirao; 10-31-2017 at 05:04 PM.

He was overshadowed in the FD arc, though he was by no means bad himself. He did well in that arc. That's the only time he's been overshadowed by Mouten or Ouhon to be honest. So far he leads Mouten 2-0 and Ouhon 2-1 in 'arc achievements'. Sure he's been average in the current arc but we're not even half way through so it's far too early to tell. Duke Hyou and Moubu were at the lower end of achievements half way through the Coalition.

He is often overshadowed by other characters in general, but then I like that since i much prefer virtually every other Qin commander. Kanki/Ousen arguably at Sanyou, Moubu in the Coalition, Shouheikun in the ceremony arc, Kanki at Kokuyou etc. I don't think this is a bad thing though, and Shin wasn't bad in any of them either.

Ouhon's achievements
    Killed = Great General EiShi one of the top 10 fighters in China with 96 strength
    Strategy = Outsmarted GHM and Reiou and his gran stratagem helped Qin to take down Wei

Shin's achievements
    Killed = Strategist Reiou by an accident by mistaking him with GHM
    Strategy = Helping Houken get away from Yotanwa+Bajio+Shumen from taking Houken's head

I've said it before and I'll say it again; when you read Kingdom in bulk things look a lot different than they do when you over analyze chapters week after week. For a start, Shin looks much better because you don't even pay attention to his sweating panels etc.

To each, their own, but the hate and active effort to start disliking Ousen/Shin/Kingdom or whatever will be brought to an end.

It's just annoying to see people in the manga taking like how Kisui is such a big deal but most of his hype pretty much fell flat

It's always a possibility to make Kisui vs Makou being even (Kisui realize the obvious 5k bait, preparing for the obvious reinforcement instead of sweating bullets, HSU and Gakuka eventually turn the table and Riboku ended up taking opportunity and killing Makou in the middle of the close fight)

Yet all we have is Kisui sitting and tricking his own soldiers to keep morale and getting one sidedly beatten up by Makou and Gakuka which pretty much has even number to him

Ofc mr new heavenly king dude will most likely failed. But at least he did so giving an exciting thing instead of by becoming a punching bag while everyone is glorifying him
    Last edited by gn_x00; 10-31-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baragan View Post
    on a lighter note i found it wierd that 2 of chougaryus commanders are called rin and shou, so should we expect a jo to complete the name
    lol

nice catch

Quote Originally Posted by woikurus View Post
    Right Wing

Left Wing
    are you trying to say kisui and mouten are prettier than whoever is in the right wing
    ~Lemon~