Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84
  1. #41
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    18,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean he cut ingenium a hero based of speed. Also he trained for a really long time so his skill is pretty high up there.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The implication with that was the stain felt so strongly about his ideals that the other's didn't have the will to fight not that they couldn't fight him.
    Endeavour seemed happy or excited about fighting Stain, he backed down after Stain released that bloodlust tho. I get your point, but I don't think it applies for everyone on the scene.

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All heroes train for a long time, but as far as we know inginum wasn't a top tier hero, nor was he a combat specialist.

    I want to agree with you guys, but he just doesn't have the feats.
    The only top hero i can't see him beating is endeavour. In fact stain could could catch up and kill the nomu that endeavour him self couldn't kill.

    He also beat both shigaraki and warp guy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Endeavour seemed happy or excited about fighting Stain, he backed down after Stain released that bloodlust tho. I get your point, but I don't think it applies for everyone on the scene.
    I think it apply's to everyone tbh but i agree that stain should stay where he is .


    Best girl.

  3. #43
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    18,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Technically we haven't seen enough of endeavor to know for sure

    Seriously though, my point is that being afraid of something doesn't mean much. The author made it a point to call what stain had, charisma.

    And if we're going to argue semantics, then we could just as easily say that the blood lust that made endeavor and Gran T afraid was effective was because it took them by surprise.
    That wouldn't be semantics as much as changing the context of how the characters interpreted the scene altogether. lol

    And while I can agree that Stain may have taken the other heroes by surprise and that's what caused them to be taken aback, the same heroes didn't have a similar response for random strikes against their base or continued aggression and appearance of the Yakuza. With the others, it was business as normal where Stain represented a different sort of threat.

    Does it detail the level of power Stain might have? Sort of, sort of not. All they really know about Stain is that every hero he meets dies, and even experienced died in the wool veterans seem worried about meeting him face to face. The very threat he represents and combat power is really what puts him so high, not his slashing power.



  4. #44
    Mr. Tambourine Man Rasendori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only top hero i can't see him beating is endeavour. In fact stain could could catch up and kill the nomu that endeavour him self couldn't kill.

    He also beat both shigaraki and warp guy.

    [.
    Endeavor underestimated it, it was never implied he couldn't kill it.

    You think those guys are anywhere near in strength to best jeanist?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That wouldn't be semantics as much as changing the context of how the characters interpreted the scene altogether. lol

    And while I can agree that Stain may have taken the other heroes by surprise and that's what caused them to be taken aback, the same heroes didn't have a similar response for random strikes against their base or continued aggression and appearance of the Yakuza. With the others, it was business as normal where Stain represented a different sort of threat.

    Does it detail the level of power Stain might have? Sort of, sort of not. All they really know about Stain is that every hero he meets dies, and even experienced died in the wool veterans seem worried about meeting him face to face. The very threat he represents and combat power is really what puts him so high, not his slashing power.
    Exactly, a different sort of threat being his charisma. Which again does not equate to power.

    As for the numerous heroes he's killed, they weren't noteworthy enough to be named. I agree he's skilled just not top tier skilled.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Endeavor underestimated it, it was never implied he couldn't kill it.

    You think those guys are anywhere near in strength to best jeanist?
    I think best Jeanist would lose to Shoto tbh and i think stain would beat him.

    Tbh i think your underestimating Stain legit all he need's is one cut just one and he wins do you think best Jeanist isn't going to get cut once?


    Best girl.

  6. #46
    Mr. Tambourine Man Rasendori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think best Jeanist would lose to Shoto tbh and i think stain would beat him.

    Tbh i think your underestimating Stain legit all he need's is one cut just one and he wins do you think best Jeanist isn't going to get cut once?
    I think you're severely over estimating the rookies.

    I think best Jeanist is a long range specialist so no. Fact is that if stain was as fast as you say he was, he wouldn't have gotten hit so many times by children.

    A top tier or someone close to it could do what Mirio did on his introduction.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're severely over estimating the rookies.

    I think best Jeanist is a long range specialist so no. Fact is that if stain was as fast as you say he was, he wouldn't have gotten hit so many times by children.

    A top tier or someone close to it could do what Mirio did on his introduction.
    He got hit by the two fastest people in class A-1, While fighting 3v1 fight and having fire and ice thrown at him left and right and of who he wasn't trying to kill 2 of while also trying to kill a person they where guarding. It was made known that if stain wanted to kill all 4 of them he would have won.

    Miro was said to be the closest hero to number 1 and that includes the pro's he also fought All of class A1 with out Shoto or Bakugo the 2 strongest people so where not sure if he could have done it with them there.

    In fact in the official date book :

    http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/...unagu_Hakamata

    http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto_Todoroki

    (go to the bottom of each) All of shoto's state's are ether equal 2 or surpass best Jeanist's

    Let's also not forget that his Qurik let's him control fiber's something very easily burned to a crisp.


    Best girl.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think best Jeanist would lose to Shoto tbh and i think stain would beat him.

    Tbh i think your underestimating Stain legit all he need's is one cut just one and he wins do you think best Jeanist isn't going to get cut once?
    Gang Orca is the #10 hero, and Todoroki needed his flames to be amped just to briefly stall a handicapped Orca whose weakness is dryness. So Todoroki is without a doubt >>> the #10 hero, yet you think he can beat the #4 hero who we already know is stronger than Gang Orca?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gang Orca is the #10 hero, and Todoroki needed his flames to be amped just to briefly stall a handicapped Orca whose weakness is dryness. So Todoroki is without a doubt >>> the #10 hero, yet you think he can beat the #4 hero who we already know is stronger than Gang Orca?
    The thing is that rank isn't just based off strength, how popular you are, how many people you saved, etc.. there are lot's of things that go into ranking


    Best girl.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing is that rank isn't just based off strength, how popular you are, how many people you saved, etc.. there are lot's of things that go into ranking
    I'm well aware of that, good sir. That doesn't change the fact that Hori made it very clear during the AFO arc, that Best Jeanist is > Gang Orca who is >>> Todoroki

  11. #51
    Mr. Tambourine Man Rasendori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got hit by the two fastest people in class A-1, While fighting 3v1 fight and having fire and ice thrown at him left and right and of who he wasn't trying to kill 2 of while also trying to kill a person they where guarding. It was made known that if stain wanted to kill all 4 of them he would have won.

    Miro was said to be the closest hero to number 1 and that includes the pro's he also fought All of class A1 with out Shoto or Bakugo the 2 strongest people so where not sure if he could have done it with them there.

    In fact in the official date book :

    http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/...unagu_Hakamata

    http://bokunoheroacademia.wikia.com/wiki/Shoto_Todoroki

    (go to the bottom of each) All of shoto's state's are ether equal 2 or surpass best Jeanist's

    Let's also not forget that his Qurik let's him control fiber's something very easily burned to a crisp.
    Stats in the data book do not trump what's Canon in the story. And being the fastest in one class for freshman hero's in a SCHOOL isn't all that impressive. Mirio being close to number one is closer to best jeanist than anything Shoto has done.

    All things gained by rank are the hardest for the heroes of this story to achieve. They are all important. It would incredibly bad writing if Shoto during his fight with stain was anywhere close to top ten, and nothing in the story suggest this to be the case.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm well aware of that, good sir. That doesn't change the fact that Hori made it very clear during the AFO arc, that Best Jeanist is > Gang Orca who is >>> Todoroki
    How is it very clear? we already know that some quirk's counter other quirks and some are made for combat while other's are not.
    Shoto's quirk destroy's beat Jeanist like legit he just controls normal fibbers something very very easily burned.

    While gang Orca could use sound waves to hinder Shoto and let's not forget that Shoto was fighting with Inasa as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stats in the data book do not trump what's Canon in the story. And being the fastest in one class for freshman hero's in a SCHOOL isn't all that impressive. Mirio being close to number one is closer to best jeanist than anything Shoto has done.

    All things gained by rank are the hardest for the heroes of this story to achieve. They are all important. It would incredibly bad writing if Shoto during his fight with stain was anywhere close to top ten, and nothing in the story suggest this to be the case.
    That date books are not set in stone but are something else we can look at. Deku is legit the fastest current hero in the world he break's his bones sure? doesn't change the fact that he's the fastest if using 100% or are you also going to tell me that best jeanist can beat 100% full cowling Deku with Eris just cause he's in school?

    Shoto is a prodigy he got into the best hero school in the world threw recommendations and still trumped the entrance exam. While also being the son of the number 2 hero who legit made it so he would have kid that would be stronger then him.

    Im not saying Shoto should be higher then Jeanist on the tier list what i am saying is that he would beat him in a fight .


    Best girl.

  13. #53
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    18,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Endeavor underestimated it, it was never implied he couldn't kill it.

    You think those guys are anywhere near in strength to best jeanist?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly, a different sort of threat being his charisma. Which again does not equate to power.

    As for the numerous heroes he's killed, they weren't noteworthy enough to be named. I agree he's skilled just not top tier skilled.
    This doesn't really suggest a low power. It really only suggests immediate threat. Given the interactions with other powerful villains, there isn't much to infer that veteran heroes are vulnerable emotionally to displays of ego, such as we don't see many reaction panels of discouraged heroes when we do see reactions. This implies that the threat Stain represents is more than just existential to the heroes in lifestyle only. Much like how they might take a serial bomber seriously, their reaction is an implication of how they view him as an immediate threat which would include how powerful they interpret him as. Doubly given their experience they're not exactly random guessers of power, either.

    Nor are the "unnoteworthy" heroes someone's can assume are little more than untrained humans. They are pros which means they all had to undergo heavy trials and training and sports festivals, internships and the like. Among them were probably some fairly powerful people. And what's more important is he was killing and disabling some of them in groups. This does include the League of Villains the "noteworthy" heroes were having problems with. Stain had about... well... zero issues handling them. It's something to note that he tends to permanently disable more heroes than he kills as a message, highlighting his skill and power is much greater than we get to see simply because heroes of BnHA aren't exactly generous types.
    Last edited by Makenzye; 11-08-2017 at 08:01 PM.



  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it very clear? we already know that some quirk's counter other quirks and some are made for combat while other's are not.
    Shoto's quirk destroy's beat Jeanist like legit he just controls normal fibbers something very very easily burned.

    While gang Orca could use sound waves to hinder Shoto and let's not forget that Shoto was fighting with Inasa as well.
    Best Jeanist was the only hero in his group that reacted to AFO's attack, he's the only one that didn't get ko'd & he's also the only one that received praise from AFO. Gang Orca was in that same group...not that hard to connect the dots

    Yeah, and it was put on full display that Shoto's flames, even while amped by Inasa's wind, couldn't seriously damage a holding back Gang Orca who was wearing a limiter. It also made it painfully obvious that, without going all out, Orca's sound wave was still > Shoto's amped flames

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This doesn't really suggest a low power. It really only suggests immediate threat. Given the interactions with other powerful villains, there isn't much to infer than veteran heroes are vulnerable emotionally to displays of ego, such as we don't see many reaction panels of discouraged heroes when we do see reactions. This implies that the threat Stain represents is more than just existential to the heroes in lifestyle only. Much like how they might take a serial bomber seriously, their reaction is an implication of how they view him as an immediate threat which would include how powerful they interpret him as. Doubly given their experience they're not exactly random guessers of power, either.

    Nor are the "unnoteworthy" heroes someone's can assume are little more than untrained humans. They are pros which means they all had to undergo heavy trials and training and sports festivals, internships and the like. Among them were probably some fairly powerful people. And what's more important is he was killing and disabling some of them in groups. This does include the League of Villains the "noteworthy" heroes were having problems with. Stain had about... well... zero issues handling them. It's something to note that he tends to permanently disable more heroes than he kills as a message, highlighting his skill and power is much greater than we get to see simply because heroes of BnHA aren't exactly generous types.
    Mak stop one upin me

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best Jeanist was the only hero in his group that reacted to AFO's attack, he's the only one that didn't get ko'd & he's also the only one that received praise from AFO. Gang Orca was in that same group...not that hard to connect the dots

    Yeah, and it was put on full display that Shoto's flames, even while amped by Inasa's wind, couldn't seriously damage a holding back Gang Orca who was wearing a limiter. It also made it painfully obvious that, without going all out, Orca's sound wave was still > Shoto's amped flames
    Jean fibbers aren't sound waves though.

    Also best Jeanist got knocked out on the next attack, Shoto took the air pressure of Deku's 100% smash and kept fighting just like Jeanist.

    The fire was around Gang Orca not on him and The flame where mean't to make a prison to trap gang Orca not hurt him.

    Like said Jeanist being higher then Shoto fine. but Shoto's power just null's Jeanist completely so if they fought he would win.


    Best girl.

  16. #56
    Mr. Tambourine Man Rasendori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That date books are not set in stone but are something else we can look at. Deku is legit the fastest current hero in the world he break's his bones sure? doesn't change the fact that he's the fastest if using 100% or are you also going to tell me that best jeanist can beat 100% full cowling Deku with Eris just cause he's in school?

    Shoto is a prodigy he got into the best hero school in the world threw recommendations and still trumped the entrance exam. While also being the son of the number 2 hero who legit made it so he would have kid that would be stronger then him.

    Im not saying Shoto should be higher then Jeanist on the tier list what i am saying is that he would beat him in a fight .
    Again you're comparing students to each other to suggest top tier superiority. A really good student does not equal top tier fighter. Shoto is not beating beat jeanist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This doesn't really suggest a low power. It really only suggests immediate threat. Given the interactions with other powerful villains, there isn't much to infer that veteran heroes are vulnerable emotionally to displays of ego, such as we don't see many reaction panels of discouraged heroes when we do see reactions. This implies that the threat Stain represents is more than just existential to the heroes in lifestyle only. Much like how they might take a serial bomber seriously, their reaction is an implication of how they view him as an immediate threat which would include how powerful they interpret him as. Doubly given their experience they're not exactly random guessers of power, either.

    Nor are the "unnoteworthy" heroes someone's can assume are little more than untrained humans. They are pros which means they all had to undergo heavy trials and training and sports festivals, internships and the like. Among them were probably some fairly powerful people. And what's more important is he was killing and disabling some of them in groups. This does include the League of Villains the "noteworthy" heroes were having problems with. Stain had about... well... zero issues handling them. It's something to note that he tends to permanently disable more heroes than he kills as a message, highlighting his skill and power is much greater than we get to see simply because heroes of BnHA aren't exactly generous types.
    I agree he's an emmediate threat. because of what he represents, not his actual power. The author implicitly did not give us named heroes that stain had killed.

    They are professionals, but then a lot of pros don't specialize in combat. Unless you can prove otherwise, its wishful thinking to think Stain can hang with top tiers with just charisma.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This doesn't really suggest a low power. It really only suggests immediate threat. Given the interactions with other powerful villains, there isn't much to infer that veteran heroes are vulnerable emotionally to displays of ego, such as we don't see many reaction panels of discouraged heroes when we do see reactions. This implies that the threat Stain represents is more than just existential to the heroes in lifestyle only. Much like how they might take a serial bomber seriously, their reaction is an implication of how they view him as an immediate threat which would include how powerful they interpret him as. Doubly given their experience they're not exactly random guessers of power, either.

    Nor are the "unnoteworthy" heroes someone's can assume are little more than untrained humans. They are pros which means they all had to undergo heavy trials and training and sports festivals, internships and the like. Among them were probably some fairly powerful people. And what's more important is he was killing and disabling some of them in groups. This does include the League of Villains the "noteworthy" heroes were having problems with. Stain had about... well... zero issues handling them. It's something to note that he tends to permanently disable more heroes than he kills as a message, highlighting his skill and power is much greater than we get to see simply because heroes of BnHA aren't exactly generous types.
    I agree he's an emmediate these because of what he represents, not his actual power. The author implicitly did not give us named heroes that stain had killed. The are professionals, but then a lot of pros don't specialize in combat. Unless you can prove otherwise, its wishful thinking to think Stain can hang with top tiers with just charisma.
    http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/5096/frankysig.jpg

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again you're comparing students to each other to suggest top tier superiority. A really good student does not equal top tier fighter. Shoto is not beating beat jeanist.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree he's an emmediate threat. because of what he represents, not his actual power. The author implicitly did not give us named heroes that stain had killed.

    They are professionals, but then a lot of pros don't specialize in combat. Unless you can prove otherwise, its wishful thinking to think Stain can hang with top tiers with just charisma.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree he's an emmediate these because of what he represents, not his actual power. The author implicitly did not give us named heroes that stain had killed. The are professionals, but then a lot of pros don't specialize in combat. Unless you can prove otherwise, its wishful thinking to think Stain can hang with top tiers with just charisma.
    Tell me then how will best Jeanist beat shoto? or 100% full cowling Deku? or how will he be faster then Iida? Miro is student yet he's a top tier. I understand that Jeanist is better overall fighter then Shoto but vs Shoto him self i can't see how he's going to win.

    Also in the same vain we shouldn't just assume because there students that they can't hang with high ranked hero's. They have all fought Villeins that even other hero's have had trouble with. There a Strong generation and part of there growth isn't just becoming stronger but also learning what it mean's to be a hero and what kind of hero that they want to be.


    Best girl.

  18. #58
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    18,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasendori View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again you're comparing students to each other to suggest top tier superiority. A really good student does not equal top tier fighter. Shoto is not beating beat jeanist.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree he's an emmediate threat. because of what he represents, not his actual power. The author implicitly did not give us named heroes that stain had killed.

    They are professionals, but then a lot of pros don't specialize in combat. Unless you can prove otherwise, its wishful thinking to think Stain can hang with top tiers with just charisma.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree he's an emmediate these because of what he represents, not his actual power. The author implicitly did not give us named heroes that stain had killed. The are professionals, but then a lot of pros don't specialize in combat. Unless you can prove otherwise, its wishful thinking to think Stain can hang with top tiers with just charisma.
    I think you'd have to prove that the the unnamed heroes were not combat specialists or even combat capable. Otherwise it would be wishful thinking on your part that Stain has, and only has, targeted medics and cross guards or avoided any competent combatant, which we know isn't correct. Especially when we do know for a fact he's targeted and taken out at least one named combat specialist hero in Ingenium, has been willing to fight combat specialists with no hesitation, and pretty much anybody he agreed to with the League of Villains. Including fighting the League of Villains. If his backstory in Illegals is to be believed as partially true, then he's only ever targeted combat villains originally, and in the primary series we've seen Which would suggest that Stain actually normally targets heroes who are fighting for ideology he doesn't believe in as opposed to non-combat specialists primarily. This goes especially in a world where Stain now has the highest body count in one of the most active times of villainy, primarily derived from the pros who have been able to thus far suppress other villains. It would be wishful thinking that the fifteen or so heroes we currently really have a grip on are the only competent or even halfway powerful heroes to exist.

    To the other thing: Heroes wouldn't take a lone gun with a stick real seriously no matter his charisma or conviction. Unless he himself was a threat and had the power to carry it out.



  19. #59
    I'll say it again, All Might should be a tier above All For One

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jean fibbers aren't sound waves though.

    Also best Jeanist got knocked out on the next attack, Shoto took the air pressure of Deku's 100% smash and kept fighting just like Jeanist.

    The fire was around Gang Orca not on him and The flame where mean't to make a prison to trap gang Orca not hurt him.

    Like said Jeanist being higher then Shoto fine. but Shoto's power just null's Jeanist completely so if they fought he would win.
    But Best Jeanist is > Gang Orca though. And Gang Orca was weak against Shoto's quirk too, but even while handicapped, Gang Orca was still easily superior to Zuko

    Deku's finger flick isn't comparable to AFO's attack on the group of top heroes

    Regardless, it was amped by another quirk and attacked his particular weakness, yet it was still a good deal below what Orca is capable of. Gang Orca > Gang Orca w/ limiter >> Shoto amped by Inasa's quirk > Shoto under normal circumstances

    I disagree. Best Jeanist would have to get hit by Shoto's flames for them to be effective, highly doubt that would happen very often

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •