10 50.00%
  • 5/5

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what the hell does that mean?
    That's my line.
    You've completely evaded my argument twice now. Whether Cracker is worthless or not without his clones is subjective ( not like I'm saying he is ). And that wasn't the main aspect of the argument. All I wanted to point out to is that it's useless comparing Cracker to Katakuri since their fighting style differs.

And I said
    Quote Originally Posted by DreXel. View Post
    Cracker without his clones is worthless as far as his title goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Finalbeta View Post
    Well in the end all Oda is doing is protecting Luffy but this isn't good because it makes Katakuri look weaker while he shouldn't be so at all
    I don't think theres a single person whos as frustrated about whats happening as I am, but I can understand why (from a plot perspective) katakuris attacks are missing their mark.

Its a thing of necessity really. Whenever important characters are involved, one hit kill attacks will always fail to land, otherwise the story would be over. We'll see the same thing happen when luffy fights akainu and teach. He'll get nailed by the weak attacks, but will conveniently be able to avoid all the killer blows, and that's exactly what we're seeing in this fight. Katakuri had little difficulty tagging g2 luffy with his equivalent of hawk gatling and regular kicks, but all the weapon based attacks (you know, the ones which would be fatal if they landed) are getting dodged.

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

I don't think theres a single person whos as frustrated about whats happening as I am, but I can understand why (from a plot perspective) katakuris attacks are missing their mark.

Its a thing of necessity really. Whenever important characters are involved, one hit kill attacks will always fail to land, otherwise the story would be over. We'll see the same thing happen when luffy fights akainu and teach. He'll get nailed by the weak attacks, but will conveniently be able to avoid all the killer blows, and that's exactly what we're seeing in this fight. Katakuri had little difficulty tagging g2 luffy with his equivalent of hawk gatling and regular kicks, but all the weapon based attacks (you know, the ones which would be fatal if they landed) are getting dodged.
    It's funny because Oda didn't care when Katakuri destroyed the Vins as they matter less than Chopper like literally

That's my line.
    You've completely evaded my argument twice now. Whether Cracker is worthless or not without his clones is subjective ( not like I'm saying he is ). And that wasn't the main aspect of the argument. All I wanted to point out to is that it's useless comparing Cracker to Katakuri since their fighting style differs.

And I said
    How many times will I have to repeat this. Cracker had no qualms about getting face to face with g4 luffy and had sufficeint speed and skill to avoid getting tagged. That ALONE tells us that katakuri should not be taking a single hit

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

By hitting, I didn't mean to the point where Luffy actually overcomes Katakuri. Hard to believe that he won't be able to land a single hit when Katakuri has already shown signs of stress due to continuous attacking, while on the other hand, Luffy has almost done nothing aside from dodging.

Katakuri isn't the first one who displays awakening and the one who did previously went down at Luffy's hands. In short, a terrible writing would only result from the inconsistency in power levels.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying Cracker didn't take a single hit from G4; that just comes down to the nature of his df. Why would he get hit when he has shields of biscuits. Technically, bringing down his clowns diminishes his power and his body isn't as resistant to straightforward attacks as Katakuri so there's no point comparing. Cracker without his clones is worthless as far as his title goes.
    How many times will I have to repeat this. Cracker had no qualms about getting face to face with g4 luffy and had sufficeint speed and skill to avoid getting tagged. That ALONE tells us that katakuri should not be taking a single hit
    Okay, Rex. Now cool down.

Yeah I’m actually convinced Luffy will pull this off now.

Katakuri is overtaxed cuz Luffy dogded most of his shit

Clear foreshadowing of him losing.

Can't wait to add Katakuri into this pic

The Shogun of Wano will likely join that next year or so

Quote Originally Posted by Finalbeta View Post
    The Shogun of Wano will likely join that next year or so
    Shogun will fall to Zoro, so nope.

if Katakuri actually manages to lose this I don't know what to say

I doubt it though - or is it... more hoping at this point? Pretty sad I have to question this in the first place.

Plot armor strikes once again. If Katakuri landed that trident hit, the manga would be over so I can't say much about that. I wonder if Katakuri has faced other commanders though? In one way it feels weird for him not to have engaged in combat against other Emperor crews, but that just might be it.

Oda's description He gave Brulee to say to make Dogtooth look like a bad ass just sounds retarded.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

looks like luffy is going to extreme diff. Katakuri.

Minister of Cotton Candy Charlotte Licorice's Avatar
    The only thing Luffy will do is make Katakuri's back hit the floor.

This pacing is sooo terrible.

Minister of Cotton Candy Charlotte Licorice's Avatar
    So Captain Crunch's name is Charlotte Custard?

Probbably has a brother named Charlotte Mustard, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Waffles View Post
    So Captain Crunch's name is Charlotte Custard?

Probbably has a brother named Charlotte Mustard, too.
    No,his name is Charlotte Nusstorte.Custard we haven't seen yet.

Nice chapter.

Really liking Luffy vs Katakuri.

I think the chapter was alright. That one line from Katakuri left a bad taste in my mouth, but hopefully it was a mistranslation or something.
    No.​