Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day 1 Review

-MVP from Qin? Mouten
    -MVP from Zhao? Bananji (without him right side would have crumbled, helped soldiers get second wind)
    -Overall MVP? Mouten
    -Biggest let down? Makou
    - Best battlefield? (left, right, center, Yotanwa/SSJ etc) Tanwa, I feel that's where real beasts are clashing
    - Worst battlefield? Right
    - Most impressive new character? Rozo
    - Favorite new character? Rozo
    - Best moment? Makou losing his head, we don't need morons who don't bring their glaive to an active battlefield
    - Worst moment? Ouhon NOT dying by Bananji
    - How would you rate the day (as in the arc so far) out of 10?[/QUOTE] 7/10
    Last edited by i c e; 10-13-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Riboku was stupid for not noticing half of Ousen's centre army taking a stroll.

Ousen can hardly be faulted for not noticing a tiny detachment which had the CiC inside, especially when Riboku strategy was only effective because Makou had a brain fart.
    Come on Riboku definitely knew he just didn’t care because it wouldn’t effect his overall plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Riboku was stupid for not noticing half of Ousen's centre army taking a stroll.
    gonna answer with the assumption that this was our initial evaluation, which is fair and it ended up proven wrong by Hara since Riboku actually plan not to move his troops to kill Makou instead.

Ousen can hardly be faulted for not noticing a tiny detachment which had the CiC inside, especially when Riboku strategy was only effective because Makou had a brain fart.
    this is not really true for this one. Ousen is fighting Riboku, the guy who is apparently China's #1 brightest mind atm (although not much feats, but whatever).

The situation is like this:

Ousen plan a great move at the start of the day, the plan works well, Kisui is almost destroyed. However there is a lack of response on Riboku side

Ousen: "Riboku must be planning something, I need to predict what it is and act accordingly so that my plan will bear fruit"
    Ousen: "There's no response... it's my chance to take Kisui head"

There's really no reason for Ousen to send HSU to kill Kisui since Makou and Mouten would be enough, albeit with harder difficulty. Had Ousen do something to try predicting Riboku's move and try to counter it, then it would be good.

While Riboku did surpass people's expectation (albeit with unexplicitly explained magic like assassination), Ousen let me down because he doesn't follow up his initial plan even though he should have known that Riboku must be doing something and the lack of response is even more alarming.

I don't think it was a bad idea for Ousen to use Shin. He felt like Shin could be the final push. Actually it isn't too dissimilar to Keisha falling for Kanki's trap lol.

In actual fact if Ousen didn't send Shin, there is a chance the left side could be destroyed by now. Things snowball and fall like dominoes pieces but it doesn't mean an original idea was wrong IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    In actual fact if Ousen didn't send Shin, there is a chance the left side could be destroyed by now. Things snowball and fall like dominoes pieces but it doesn't mean an original idea was wrong IMO.
    what i'm saying is, Ousen could have used HSU to watch the Makou's army back and intercept a possible ambush with another ambush. Just like what Ousen did in Kankoku Pass (Karin's elite ambush is ambushed by Ousen).

While the idea of sending Shin as final push isn't really that bad, I'm just disappointed that Ousen doesn't try to predict and counter that Riboku will do something.

It is, a battle of strategist after all

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    what i'm saying is, Ousen could have used HSU to watch the Makou's army back and intercept a possible ambush with another ambush. Just like what Ousen did in Kankoku Pass (Karin's elite ambush is ambushed by Ousen).

While the idea of sending Shin as final push isn't really that bad, I'm just disappointed that Ousen doesn't try to predict and counter that Riboku will do something.
    Sure, I see what you mean. But what Riboku did was totally outside of what should really be predicted as we saw in the flashback. I think sending Shin to be a bodyguard in case of a sneak attack is less realistic than sending Shin to take out Kisui. What Riboku did was outside the realms of realistic prediction IMO, unless you're extra cautious and do the exact same in every war you compete in.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post

It is, a battle of strategist after all
    I think it is makou fault to be killed without even knew riboku was there until his neck got stabbed. If makou didnt die, maybe kisui's head already rolled.

Even riboku got wrong prediction, he thought that kisui could sweep clean qin left army after he left.

It is stalemate i say...

I don't think it was a bad idea for Ousen to use Shin. He felt like Shin could be the final push. Actually it isn't too dissimilar to Keisha falling for Kanki's trap lol.

Actually, 100% the left side would have been crushed if wasnt for Shin securing the second rally point and driving Batou away from the HQ and first rally point. If that did not happen, Batou would have rushed 1st rally point and overwhelmed it with numbers.

- MVP from Qin? Mou Ten
    - MVP from Zhao? Ri Boku
    - Overall MVP? Bi Hei
    - Biggest let down? Kisui
    - Best battlefield? (left, right, center, Yotanwa/SSJ etc) Left
    - Worst battlefield? Gyou, by default (if it even counts)
    - Most impressive new character? Ba Nan Ji
    - Favorite new character? Shuu Sui Ju
    - How would you rate the day (as in the arc so far) out of 10? 10/10
    R O C K S T A R

Sure, I see what you mean. But what Riboku did was totally outside of what should really be predicted as we saw in the flashback. I think sending Shin to be a bodyguard in case of a sneak attack is less realistic than sending Shin to take out Kisui. What Riboku did was outside the realms of realistic prediction IMO, unless you're extra cautious and do the exact same in every war you compete in.
    Ousen is built up as that extra cautious guy who refuse to engage in a clash where he is not 100% sure he'll be victorious. Heck... he even take into account of the soldier's stamina and rain during the start of the war.

Which is why I think that him doing nothing and let Riboku's detachment ambush Makou from behind is a bit of a let down. Let's just say, Makou's death is unexpected. But a blow to their rear would still make a difference even if they couldn't slay Makou. It would still make a great soldiers loss to Qin which shouldn't be preferred especially when they're already at disadvantageous numbers in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph3gun View Post
    I think it is makou fault to be killed without even knew riboku was there until his neck got stabbed. If makou didnt die, maybe kisui's head already rolled.
    Mostly it's because Shin abandon his position imo. Had Shin still keep going for Kisui, then Kisui head would roll anyway because Kisui HQ probably won't hold Gakuka and HSU at 2 front.

anyway, had Shin somehow posted to attack Riboku's detachment at the back, then it would still be the same with Gakuka and Makou's army rushing to Kisui's head instead of Gakuka and HSU.