Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you think Black Clover has a chance of being the next 10+ year long series?

With Shueisha pushing it as hard as they are - with 51 episodes, it makes you wonder if this manga really does have the potential to last that long.

I'm very surprised that Shueisha is giving this series 51 episodes. I know they said that they wanted it to be the next Naruto, but this kind of length?

I'm really curious to see what this manga can do in terms of success within the next couple of years.

I hate to be that guy, but we still have too little to go on when it comes to BC's success. I mean Shonen Jump has actually cancelled a lot of old titles like Bleach and Toriko because they're actually investing in newer titles. With that said, I also think a 51 episode long series is a stupid move.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to be that guy, but we still have too little to go on when it comes to BC's success. I mean Shonen Jump has actually cancelled a lot of old titles like Bleach and Toriko because they're actually investing in newer titles. With that said, I also think a 51 episode long series is a stupid move.
    It's been almost a year man

BC will go a long way

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    With Shueisha pushing it as hard as they are - with 51 episodes, it makes you wonder if this manga really does have the potential to last that long.

I'm very surprised that Shueisha is giving this series 51 episodes. I know they said that they wanted it to be the next Naruto, but this kind of length?

I'm really curious to see what this manga can do in terms of success within the next couple of years.
    I'm pretty sure the manga publisher has no power over the anime's length and what not.

That said, an anime as long as this and this early is super make or break for this series, you better have your fingers crossed that the anime is above average at least if you want a 10+ year series.
    The Gift of Jericho, Drink it in maaaaaannnnnn!!!!

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Well the anime isnt going to make this manga a huge success from what ive seen first 2 eps were rather boring and the main character has the most annoying voice in the world, i also think pierrot is the studio doing this correct me if im wrong, they are capable of some good things, but I fear they will drop the animation levels to a low point at some time.

RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.

The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

No. There's no new series in jump that I feel could ever be going on for that long; that includes BnHA and BC. They'll have long runs, but not that long.

Tbh if you are a fan of a series, pray that they don't go past 400 chapters.

If series goes for 10+ years, they more often than not go to total shit.

Black Clover has already set stuff up to be a lengthy series.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

No

Quote Originally Posted by Featherine View Post
    No
    It is though

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Hero From Beyond View Post
    It is though
    I'd rather see it get cancelled than continue and become FT 2.0

It may get there whether i think it will is another matter entirely

It has the potential to go on for a while. The thing about BC is that it's like 5 manga in one. It manages to borderline-copy shit like Magi, Fairy Tail, Naruto and One Piece all at the same time. Fans of series that are over (like FT and Naruto) will just flock to BC because it incorporates elements from their favorite retired manga.

Be mad, loser.

BC already set up to go the distance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Troublesome View Post
    It has the potential to go on for a while. The thing about BC is that it's like 5 manga in one. It manages to borderline-copy shit like Magi, Fairy Tail, Naruto and One Piece all at the same time. Fans of series that are over (like FT and Naruto) will just flock to BC because it incorporates elements from their favorite retired manga.

Tell me what it copies

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

No.

The series has next to zero story as it is, I really can't see it lasting for long. With the way that the villains have been handled, Tabata doesn't seem to have long term plans in mind, so I seriously doubt that he can keep it going for such a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla View Post
    No.

The series has next to zero story as it is, I really can't see it lasting for long. With the way that the villains have been handled, Tabata doesn't seem to have long term plans in mind, so I seriously doubt that he can keep it going for so long.
    Zero story?

What?

The white Night's eye and the Diamond Kingdom's secret units inside the Clover Kingdom isn't anything?

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Hero From Beyond View Post
    Zero story?

What?

The white Night's eye and the Diamond Kingdom's secret units inside the Clover Kingdom isn't anything?
    Yeah there is a story, but it has yet to be developed much. The Diamond Kingdom subplot could be interesting, with Mars and other members on the inside wanting to stop their corrupt leadership, but it hasn't gone anywhere yet. Up until now the DK hasn't been much more than a source of mooks for Asta to beat up.

The White Eyes aren't much better. They've got their sob story background to explain, and the reasoning behind those magic Mcguffin stones to sort out, but that's it. Plus, they've already lost half of their top members, which makes them look unimpressive and unlikely to stick around for a long period of time.

The series is right now investigating the mole.

We saw this last chapter

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

No