Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: The Orville

  1. #21
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, thats Seth Macfarlane for you.
    True.

    I almost wish he was a side character in it. He works well as the captain, but I almost feel some of his acting and joke delivery falls flat.



  2. #22
    Winter is cumming Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True.

    I almost wish he was a side character in it. He works well as the captain, but I almost feel some of his acting and joke delivery falls flat.
    Yep, he probably wanted to be a main character to inflate his ego.
    He would be fine as a side character though.

  3. #23
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, he probably wanted to be a main character to inflate his ego.
    He would be fine as a side character though.
    If he played the neurotic engineer or something I think he would've been a better fit. But like I said he works fine as the captain.


    Does anybody watch Discovery to compare these two shows?



  4. #24
    Winter is cumming Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he played the neurotic engineer or something I think he would've been a better fit. But like I said he works fine as the captain.


    Does anybody watch Discovery to compare these two shows?
    Yeah, I guess.

    I think Vice does maybe

  5. #25
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I guess.

    I think Vice does maybe
    I know VICE mentioned it, but I don't know if he watches it. I didn't think he did since he never made a thread. Though... We do have a magic spell that can figure this out.
    @VICE; Illuminate us on if you're currently watching Discovery or not.



  6. #26
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    9,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know VICE mentioned it, but I don't know if he watches it. I didn't think he did since he never made a thread. Though... We do have a magic spell that can figure this out.
    @VICE; Illuminate us on if you're currently watching Discovery or not.
    Yeah I am. I saw no venue to make a thread for it before I had an estimate based from this thread to also try discussing it.

    I like it less than Orville, but I'm still going to watch it. Trek has always been Episodic in nature, and now it's serialized. Meaning that season 1 will need to be seen in its entirety to get most out of it. I could recommend many great episodes from Star Trek without you needing to watch everything leading up to that episode.


    I only know BD likes star trek.

    Expecting anyone not vocal about it to appear among us to discuss it seemed like a nil chance.

    Tl;Dr

    I watch it. Not all series I watch get me posting about them if I'm only one posting

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and also it's easier to introduce people to Orville.

    If Discovery is your first Trek show you're going to ruin your Star Trek experience.

    Like watching Star Wars prequels first and treating the original trilogy as "boring and old"

    Thanks to Cake~


  7. #27
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,956
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I am. I saw no venue to make a thread for it before I had an estimate based from this thread to also try discussing it.

    I like it less than Orville, but I'm still going to watch it. Trek has always been Episodic in nature, and now it's serialized. Meaning that season 1 will need to be seen in its entirety to get most out of it. I could recommend many great episodes from Star Trek without you needing to watch everything leading up to that episode.


    I only know BD likes star trek.

    Expecting anyone not vocal about it to appear among us to discuss it seemed like a nil chance.

    Tl;Dr

    I watch it. Not all series I watch get me posting about them if I'm only one posting

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and also it's easier to introduce people to Orville.

    If Discovery is your first Trek show you're going to ruin your Star Trek experience.

    Like watching Star Wars prequels first and treating the original trilogy as "boring and old"
    I saw the first episode and listen to people talk about the others because FUCK PAYING CBS FOR AN ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION.

    I'm wondering how well it would do because Enterprise tried to do the whole "season long arc" thing and it backfired hard when episodes didn't seem to fit well. But the graphics are good and I'm sort of curious what they might do with the series. I'm honestly just waiting for it to land on Netflix before I watch it. Unless CBS decides to put it up on television which doesn't look like is going to happen. I'm also really curious how people are going to respond to it's "dark and even darker" nature.



  8. #28
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    9,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw the first episode and listen to people talk about the others because FUCK PAYING CBS FOR AN ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION.

    I'm wondering how well it would do because Enterprise tried to do the whole "season long arc" thing and it backfired hard when episodes didn't seem to fit well. But the graphics are good and I'm sort of curious what they might do with the series. I'm honestly just waiting for it to land on Netflix before I watch it. Unless CBS decides to put it up on television which doesn't look like is going to happen. I'm also really curious how people are going to respond to it's "dark and even darker" nature.
    When the showrunners said that Klingons are in this show like "white supremacists", and they referenced Trump, I was really worried. No alien race is without redeeming qualities in star trek. No matter what analogy they are in the episodes they appear. Klingons are proud. Not an analogy for racism.

    But yeah, episode 4 is alright, though the problem is, the cast is unlikable. I find myself rooting for the Klingon main character because his plot arc is more sympathetic compared to the dready atmosphere in the USS Discovery ship. The characters aren't established like they are in orville.

    Thanks to Cake~


  9. #29
    Winter is cumming Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    5,907
    Ive noticed seth has been rather obsessed with transgenders lately
    Family guy, and now Orville.

    But its pretty funny

  10. #30
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    9,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive noticed seth has been rather obsessed with transgenders lately
    Family guy, and now Orville.

    But its pretty funny
    Funny?

    I know it's a comedy but it's also a drama. I was not laughing after the end. Were you surprised by the result?

    Thanks to Cake~


  11. #31
    Winter is cumming Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny?

    I know it's a comedy but it's also a drama. I was not laughing after the end. Were you surprised by the result?
    The banter at the beginning of that, was what made me laugh.

    The trial bit at the end was pretty deep. I enjoy how they bring in actual issues in the form of comedy.
    I look forwards to episode 4 tomorrow

  12. #32
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    9,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The banter at the beginning of that, was what made me laugh.

    The trial bit at the end was pretty deep. I enjoy how they bring in actual issues in the form of comedy.
    I look forwards to episode 4 tomorrow
    Good. Unless you say it I can't gauge your take on the episode. I know it's good, and just saying that makes this an echo chamber

    Episode 6 nonspoiler review

    Start of this had me laughing hard. I need a gif of the isaac/alara scene.

    The whole episode was great, it once again had a set mission, then trouble came, and there was no right way to solve everything. The ending was not a happy lighthearted joke.

    But there was an excellent callback to what happens in episode 5. Shame I can't specify.

    This show managed to make me watch awkward suspicious scenes without me dying inside. Bravo.

    Thanks to Cake~


  13. #33
    Winter is cumming Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good. Unless you say it I can't gauge your take on the episode. I know it's good, and just saying that makes this an echo chamber

    Episode 6 nonspoiler review

    Start of this had me laughing hard. I need a gif of the isaac/alara scene.

    The whole episode was great, it once again had a set mission, then trouble came, and there was no right way to solve everything. The ending was not a happy lighthearted joke.

    But there was an excellent callback to what happens in episode 5. Shame I can't specify.

    This show managed to make me watch awkward suspicious scenes without me dying inside. Bravo.
    Interesting. Ill be caught up with you by the time next episode is out, then we can truly discuss

  14. #34
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    9,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. Ill be caught up with you by the time next episode is out, then we can truly discuss
    It's on break next week so by default, you are correct.

    I am saddened. I enjoy Orville. It's comfy

    Thanks to Cake~


  15. #35
    Winter is cumming Nyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's on break next week so by default, you are correct.

    I am saddened. I enjoy Orville. It's comfy
    Ah but there is sure to be plenty to come.

    And you can watch my recommendations while you wait

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •