Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,610

    Characters you like better in the show compared to the books

    For me:

    Joffrey
    Tywin
    Cersei
    Oberyn
    Bronn
    Davos
    Robb
    Margaery
    Olenna

    I also be somewhat controversial and say i probably prefer show Tyrion. I know a lot off people dislike how they whitewashed him but i'm also not sure if i'm a fan off the dark turn he took in ADWD and his post-season 4 plot was not exactly the most exciting in the books either.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-08-2017 at 06:40 PM.

  2. #2
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,893
    All the ones you mentioned plus Ramsay.

    Though that's really more to do with the quality acting and less to do with storylines being improved.

  3. #3
    Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,610
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the ones you mentioned plus Ramsay.

    Though that's really more to do with the quality acting and less to do with storylines being improved.
    Yeah i can agree with that. They got great actors and their characters improved a bit but their storylines did not change much in quality compared to the books.

  4. #4
    DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    30,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah i can agree with that. They got great actors and their characters improved a bit but their storylines did not change much in quality compared to the books.
    Indeed.

    Who would you say is the best actor ever on the show?

  5. #5
    I agree with OP

  6. #6
    Crispinianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    40,777
    robb gets the spotlight here

  7. #7
    Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,610
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed.

    Who would you say is the best actor ever on the show?
    Picking Gleeson for the sole fact that he turned Joffrey into maybe the most memorable villain in the series. Book Joffrey was not really that special but show Joffrey though.

  8. #8
    No.1 Wasted Potential SpiRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    3,241
    Well i like Theon and Stannis in books. While in show they made Theon impossible to like and Stannis did not pass much better.
    Kong Facts ~ 19.7.2017
    KONG FACTS ~ 19.7.2017

    Atheists are declining!

    The way Europe is going, it will be Muslim in a few generations!

    China is evangelizing on a scale this world has never seen!

    China will be biggest Christian country!

    Atheist are not even 2%!

    Atheists don't even breed!

    Science is Religion!

    Atheism hampered science!
    Kong Facts ~ One Piece Edition
    -Carrot, Sanji and Pedro are Big Mom Pirates!
    -Mihawk was talking about PHYSICAL distance across the ice!
    Time to fill my signature with more intelligent posters of MF

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course they do, they pick up shit like psychology, philosophy and art, because they can't finish any decent major. They can't contribute to society in any way. Freeloaders, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grasping for air is much worse than losing half of the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhm, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Mom's probably weaker than all the admirals, Marco and King as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. Mihawk is stronger than both Shanks and Akainu. He can win against this version of Whitebeard with high or extreme difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, yeah. Steven Hawking never did anything to better humanity's place on this earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no such thing as free education. But even if it did exist... it would be awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That CUNT SpiRo can get the fuck out. The act of watching graphic stuff like that is not in and of itself bad. Ive always had a fascination with snuff and disturbing films. If youre going to argue that im not a good person or whatever because of that, then i guess every single person who likes action movies, manga, sports or anything that contains physical combat and violence must also be the same. There is a distinction between having an INTEREST in something and ADVOCATING or APPROVING of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu is stronger than Shanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean do I think Vergo could beat Sanji, it already happened in the manga.

    Zoro is stronger than Vergo, was the same seat level as Pica and Zoro effortlessly put him down.

    Zoro would beat Sanji with even less difficulty than he beat Pica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy. The guy can stitch his internal organs after taking a Counter Shock hit, sword wounds are a piece of cake for him. Vista's Mihawk level Haki and base stats would probably push Doffy to high-difficulty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy with a sword. Plain and simple. It's same like beating Buggy with a sword or Jozu with a sword. It's impossible, use your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evidence is the anime filler and common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy>Jozu>Cracker.The Manga show´s it pretty clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the last battle of MF Whitebeard where he KO'ed Akainu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy cannot fight Mihawk for even 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Base Teach was able to defeat that pre-prime Shanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu couldn't continue fighting while WB could. Pretty clear cut to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Fujitora is one of the fastest characters in the world if you did not know well you learned something today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zoro>Vergo>Smoker>Sanji
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu, by some luck, didn't fall into the sea, he probably caught a piece of ground and cling onto it until he regained his consciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also we know that BM already defeated Kaido at least once or even twice.
    DreX the "Intelligent" earned a special spot for all his remarkable claims

    October 6, 2007: Chapter 473: Kuma appears and obviously uses his DF ability.
    September 8, 2008: Chapter 513: Sentoumaru explains Kuma's ability.
    April 24, 2017: DreX has a THEORY how "Repelling gotta be a part of Kuma's Devil Fruit ability"
    DreX the Asswiper. Is a pro who wipes asses with a Don!


    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    okey.
    So, Shanks is the protege of the PK? and Mihawk is the protege of the Apes king ? both of them were on the same ship idiot, not even a hint on who Roger preferred from the both in the manga, and when did i fucking say that Shanks has no potential, didn't even say that he falls to Mihawk in that aspect, i'm merely saying that we can say who.

    Monkey, Mihawk said that he ain't fighting Shanks in that specific meeting of their, and it was in a sarcastic way of denying because he didn't come for fighting unlike usual, he came for showing him Luffy's poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every CoA is hardening but not every hardening is CoA
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Retard, Shanks lost deliberately to that marine snake. Why would he want to heal his lost arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand you want to pride yourself with my sayings in ur sig but don't overdo it, ur sig reeks shit so it doesn't stand to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course my sig reeks of shit when i have you in my sig.
    DreX "making fun" of serious religion Pastafarianism..

  9. #9
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    9,966
    Whitewashed tyrion?

    Thanks to Cake~


  10. #10
    Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,610
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whitewashed tyrion?
    Show Tyrion still remains the same hero he was after killing Tywin/Shae while book Tyrion turns into not exactly a good guy. He turns into kind off a asshole (and not in the sarcastic way he usually is) and his actions becomes more questionable with his worst moment being pretty much raping a girl that he encounters right before Jorah captures him.
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 10-09-2017 at 02:57 PM.

  11. #11
    VICE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    9,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Show Tyrion still remains the same hero he was after killing Tywin/Shae while book Tyrion turns into not exactly a good guy. He turns into kind off a asshole (and not in the sarcastic way he usually is) and his actions becomes more questionable with his worst moment being pretty much raping a girl that he encounters right before Jorah captures him.
    You can blame D&D for that, friend

    Thanks to Cake~


  12. #12
    Formerly Big Mom Tyrion Lannister's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,610
    Quote Originally Posted by VICE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can blame D&D for that, friend
    Nah i blame Martin for making Tyrion turn into a dark person. (He most likely return to his nicer self in Winds though)

  13. #13
    Bravo Ragazzo Finalbeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Naples, Italy
    Posts
    1,272
    OP is ok

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •