Page 1 of 648 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Mafia 74 - Game Thread

Welcome. The game has STARTED!

First things first, in case you are entirely new to Mafia, please read this:

http://www.millenniumforums.com/show...rs-Please-Read!)

Please message me if you have a question or don't understand the basics, or mention me in this thread.

RULES:

Voting

Votes only get counted if they're in this format:
    ##Cormag
    Two hashes,the person you are voting for, and bolding it.

Posting requirements

You are required to post at least ten times every DP. If I don't have a sub readily available, going under this limit will probably result in a modkill. If you already know you are going to be inactive at certain points of the game, please give me a heads-up beforehand.

Communication

Do not quote any communication with me that happens outside of this thread. If you have a question you want to have answered publicly, mention me in this thread.
    Of course, this also goes for players. No communication outside of this thread, unless your role explicitly states otherwise.

Bah!-posts

You are NOT allowed any Bah!-posts. As Bah!-posts have been abused in The Wire, I will not allow them this time. If you are dead, you shut up and that's that.

Claiming and revealing

Role or character claiming is not prohibited - however, I heavily advise against claiming. Also, you may not simply post your Role PM in the thread to 'confirm' that you are telling the truth. Doing so will result in a modkill.

Game Mechanics:

• Each DP will be XY hours long, each NP will be XY hours long.
    • I will post vote counters at regular intervals. If you want a VC at a specific point, simply mention me. The VC will mention how many votes there are on a player, but not who is voting who.
    • After Day, the game goes to Night. If you do not send in your Night actions, you will of course forfeit your move that Night.
    • You are allowed to post in the thread during Night.
    • There might be hidden interactions, hidden abilities or similar.
    Last edited by Sin; 10-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Roster

1. Caves Jin-Mo-Ri, Independent
    2. Alchemist21
    3. Littlefinger Count Chocula, Mafia
    4. Alex D. Boss Shinji Ikari, Town
    5. Ink Spot Totoro, Town
    6. Umberella
    7. Rax - Modkilled, Kirby, Town
    8. Gluten-Free Semen
    9. Kokichi Lelouch vi Britannia, Town
    10. Ultra Walter White, Town
    11. GP Gecko Moria, Independent
    12. Nikamara
    13. Az
    14. Finalbeta Peter Pan, Town
    15. Crispinianus Komaeda Nagito, ???
    16. Game Master Khalid ibn-al Walid, Independent
    17. Negro
    18. Katyusha
    19. General Zu
    20. Y Johan Liebert, Mafia
    21. Schnarf
    22. Nordlending Ciaphas Cain, Town
    23. Murim-in Jirou, Town
    24. Poopy Miyamoto Musashi, Mafia
    25. Riki Caster Minion, Mafia
    Last edited by Sin; 10-16-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Rax is playing? Sigh.

"Surely you didnít think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle fatherís name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

The second Cormag gives me the green light I'm voting for him.

If he's on the enemy faction then good for me, and if he's on my faction then he's a liability that always goes agansit his wincon and I'm not dealing with that all game.

"Surely you didnít think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle fatherís name? No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

Advice

Characters are not alignment-indicative in any way as some of you will learn immediately once you receive your roles. As already mentioned in the OP, claiming is not prohibited but stupid to do. It will not win you the game, but it'll probably lose you the game if done excessively.

There are many, many abilities in this game that are completely unique. As such, trying to guess what abilities a character might have is completely pointless and stupid because you will never guess a character's abilities in this set-up correctly. I will of course not prohibit it, but it's simply a dumb thing to do.

Lastly, expect everything. Many times in The Wire, players wasted their time thinking about the game balance and that it's impossible for role XYZ to exist or not to exist. Me and Tiger have spent many, many hours balancing this game to the best of our abilities and have thought about the set-up and all of its intricacies in much more detail than you will, so simply play the game and try to achieve your win-condition.

I hope everyone enjoys their roles. While there were some tough ones, I am happy with how every role turned out and I hope you will be too.

Please enjoy the game!
    Last edited by Sin; 10-06-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Cormag is bringing the hype.

Additionally, this game has another rule. I am writing it out here simply because I want it to stick out.

If I ever notice you editing your posts, I will rolecrush you for one cycle and publicly announce it.

Additionally, I will request mod-rights for this game. Whether I get them or not I don't know yet, but regardless I will try to get those who break the rules repeatedly to be banned from The Arena. In previous games I have been more lax with letting people post that are dead or not in the game. Not this time. If you are dead, you simply do not post - anything - .

Can we start posting or do we got to wait until your done talking?

Quote Originally Posted by Ava View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we start posting or do we got to wait until your done talking?
    I am done talking for now. You may pre-game chat if you want to. I have to do some last touch-ups for the roles so it will be a bit until I send them out.

As for the game start, I'll probably begin the game in two days. I also feel like a 48h-DP1 would be better simply for easing people into the game and for giving everyone the chance to participate.

DP1 will be 48h, while any subsequent DP will be at least 24h but not necessarily exactly 24h. As always, I will adjust to the players. The same goes for the Nights, although they will never be longer than 24h.
    Last edited by Sin; 10-06-2017 at 11:42 PM.

@Ultraviolet;

Help me get a lynch mob on Rax. Two games ago, he invited 3 people into his neighbour so they can plot to kill you even though he knew you were town, do you really wanna deal with that this game?
    @Cormag;

Thanks for the game. I promise to follow all the rules unlike your Wire game.

I'm pretty excited for this.

Avalon, list all your 0/10 rankings, I want to crush them.
    I'm not a dupe...

Oh shit it's happening

I'll be on vacation for the next 2 days, but I should be able to sneak in some play

And as far as policy lynching Rax goes...

I thought we were policy lynching Nikamara

Or is she next?
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by General Zu View Post
    I thought we were policy lynching Nikamara

Or is she next?
    I was joking

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet View Post
    I was joking
    Y-yeah, I know...
    http://www.millenniumforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic12330_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefinger View Post
    I'm pretty excited for this.

Avalon, list all your 0/10 rankings, I want to crush them.
    On mobile but will do when I'm home.

##Rax

Feel free to count this vote Cormag, because it's not changing.

Man this game has nearly twice the players The Wire did. This is going to be nuts.

tfw still no role pm

Posting in a Cormag thread
    Fear me, for I am Meng Hao