Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Nyx "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" Reading Log

It begins

The Percy Jackson books are superbly made, and are about greek mythology in modern times.
    As you can tell, already interesting.

After reading my log, im sure those who yearn for fine entertainment will buy this book
    (I am new to logs, so they wont be very good until I get a decent chunk through)

Chapter 1

"I accidentally vaporize my pre-algebra teacher"
    Percy jackson is a 12 year old boy he attended Yancy academy, A private school for troubled kids.
    His life of troubles begins when his 6th grade class takes a field trip to a museum, field trips dont tend to work out for percy, he always manages to get into trouble. Before this trip, percy promised himself that he would be good, for if he didnt, it would mean expulsion.
    He didnt want to put his incredibly kind mother through that again. It starts on the bus. A girl named Nancy Bobofit (no relation to bobafett) is pelting his friend with PB&J. Percys friend is named Grover, A gangly teen that enjoys nature, Grover had a beard growing despite being 12. Percy is already slowly losing his head, how long will he last?

In the museum, the teacher is raving on about greek gods. This teachers name, is Mr. Brunner.
    He inquires percy about how the gods defeated Khronos, who had the "Worst Father of the Year Award."
    Percy answers half correct, and Brunner finishes.

"Zeus did indeed feed Kronos a mixture of mustard and wine, which made him disgorge his other five children, who, of course, being immortal gods, had been living and growing up completely undigested in the Titan's stomach. The gods defeated their father, sliced him to pieces with his own scythe, and scattered his remains in Tartarus, the darkest part of the Underworld."

Percy really likes Mr. Brunner, but wishes he wouldn't push him so hard, he isnt a genius.
    Mr. Brunner talks to him in the museum later about how this information about greek mythology is very important.
    Percy notices Brunner staring sadly at a coffin of a dead girl in the museum.. as though he had seen her die..

It is now lunch time. The troubled children of Yancy academy are causing a ruckus, Nancy having pickpocketed an elderly woman, walked up to percy and grover and harassed them.
    Something strange happens. Waves roar in percy's mind, and seething with anger, he cant even think straight.
    Nancy ended up sitting in a water fountain, screeching about percy shoving her.
    "Did you see that? It was as though the water grabbed her!"

Mrs dolors, an ugly hag that seems to despise percy "materializes" next to him.

"Come with me sonny. Now."
    Grover suddenly says he is the one who pushed Nancy, but his pleas fall on deaf ears.

Percy says "ill be right back" and when he looks back, Mrs dolors has climbed multiple steps and is standing over 200 feet away, calling to him.

She is infuriated, but it is strange..

She is inquiring about.. a lightning bolt?

Suddenly she lunges at Percy, who yelps and barely escapes.

Percy cant believe his eyes, his algebra teacher looks like a withered bat. Wings? What?

And suddenly, Mr Brunner comes in and throws Percy a pen, which is of course a now a sword in his hand.

Mrs Dolors screeches and flings herself at him, Percy does the natural thing.
    He swings his sword.

To be continued in chapter 2...

Chapter 2

"Three old ladies knit their socks of death"
    Where we left off something odd had happened. Percy has killed Mrs Dobbs.
    Percy returns to lunch, nancy bobafit says something odd. "I hope Kerr whipped your butt"

The rest of the school year the entire school acts as though mrs dobbs had never existed.
    Percy gets worse and worse grades, as he cant keep his anger in check.
    He learns he will not be permitted to return to Yancy next year.
    Brunner says something odd. "Its for the best, you are not meant to be here"
    Percy takes it the wrong way and storms out, crushed.

Late at night, He eaves drops on Mr Brunner and Grover. They discuss something most odd.
    "The summer solstice deadline, the mist is strong over the mortals eyes" (I cut some out to avoid spoiling to much)
    He makes a noise and runs to hide, mr brunner's shadow is strangely shaped like a horse.

On the bus, grover acts strange, "Thinking of kindly ones?"
    Grover confesses that Mrs Dobbs exists, and she is dangerous.
    3 old ladies are knitting a sock across the street, and when the blue yarn was cut, percy could swear he could hear the scissors click across the road.

Percy tells grover of this, and grover stares at him as though he was picturing what flowers would look nice on percys coffin.

To be continued in chapter 3...

Chapter 3

Percy ditches Grover to head home alone, and steps in to his step-dad playing poker with other fat shits.
    The first thing the step father does to welcome his son in is demand money.
    What a guy.
    Percy's mother returns home, and suddenly everything is ok. Percy regales her with tales of Yancy and such.
    Percy's mom tells him that they are headed out to the beach, a place where they frequent.
    They take gabe's car, and arrive.
    They walk on the beach and talk about everything, and eventually the subject of percy's real father comes up.
    He was lost at sea, a rich and successful man.
    Percy wonders if he has to go to school again, not wanting to leave his mom. She crys, saying he has to, for his own safety.
    They talk more and word of a summer camp comes up, one that his father wanted him to go to.
    Strange..
    Percy has a dream, A horse and an eagle battling to the death, and just before he is able to save the horse, he wakes up.
    A hurricane is raging outside.
    Grover is there, but.. his legs are not human.
    They are goat legs.
    Grover: "Its right behind me, we need to leave now"
    They get into the car and drive.

To be continued in chapter 4...

Chapter 4

"My mother teaches me bullfighting"

Where we left off "it" was upon them, so Grover, Percy, and Percy's mom (Sally Jackson) are driving away, Percy and Grover talk about things like "How do you know my mom, where are we going, why are your legs goat legs?"
    Sally tells Percy that they are headed to the camp his true father wished him to go to, and had no time to explain why.
    "who's chasing us?"
    "Oh just the lord of the dead and his most blood thirsty minions."

Suddenly, Gabe's car explodes, Grover is knocked out.
    The car was struck by a lightning bolt, rip Gabe's car.
    Sally tells Percy to flee without them, due to the monster drawing near, Percy refuses. He drags Grover and he and Sally run, and run fast.
    The "it" that was upon them makes it's appearance, its a man? no. Thats no man. It has horns.

Its the minotaur.

The minotaur charges him and Percy narrowly dodges, the Minotaur, furious at the miss, focuses on Sally, and grabs her. She vanishes in a blinding light.
    Blinded by anger Percy waves his red coat and the minotaur charges him, Percy (doesnt know how but..) had appeared on its back, and uses the things own horn to kill it.
    The body disintegrates with only the horn leaving a trace.
    Percy reaches a farm house, and then blacks out.
    A girl says "He must be the one"
    Ded.

To be continued in chapter 5..

Chapter 5

"I play pinochle with a horse"

Percy is nursed back to health by a pretty girl, she feeds him "Ambrosia," the food of the gods.
    If he were mortal it wouldve killed him.
    Later, Grover apologizes to percy and they talk. Grover gives percy the minotaur horn.
    Percy goes with grover to meet some people, "Chiron" and "Mr .D"
    Chiron is actually Mr. Brunner, he and mr. D are playing a game.
    The 4 discuss stuff, convincing Percy that he is a "Demigod"
    Mr. D is the director, and reminds percy of gabe. It just so happens "D" stands for Dionysus, the god of wine.
    Fun.
    The pretty girl mentioned earlier's name is "Annabeth"
    During the long conversation with the god of wine, and Chiron, Percy offends mr D. Bad blood between the 2 is apparent.
    Chiron explains that they dont know who percy is, so he is to stay with the "Hermes" cabin.
    When Chiron gets up from the desk, he has a horses body. He is a centaur.

Chapter 6

"I become supreme lord of the bathroom"

Chiron tours percy around the camp, Its massive. Strawberry fields as far as the eye can see, a stable, a lava rock climbing wall, an arena, a lake and more.
    The most notable thing is that there are 12 cabins, one for each olympian. Demigods of these gods live in them.
    Annabeth takes over the tour, they talk for a bit and then enter the Hermes cabin, cabin 11.
    There they meet a man named "Luke," an older guy, the councilor of cabin 11. He and annabeth have a history.
    They walk and talk more, and run into some people from the "Ares" cabin. They are dicks.
    They abduct percy and take him to the bathroom, as Clarisse, the councilor of the Ares cabin attempts to dunk Percy into the toilet, a roaring ignites in his gut, and toilet water shoots past him all over the Ares campers. Annabeth also unfortunately was a victim.
    Annabeth wants Percy to be on her team for Capture the Flag.

Chapter 7

"My Dinner goes up in smoke"

Annabeth tells percy he should talk to the "Oracle"
    Annabeth's father is a Professor, and her mother is the goddess of wisdom, Athena. (Cabin 6)
    They talk some, and annabeth brings up monsters. In the mortal world, demigods attract monsters. The stronger the demigod, the more monsters. They dont usually appear until demigods are around 10-11 years old.
    Annabeth hints at a quest.
    They talk more, for quite a bit.
    Mount Olympus is on the 600th floor of the empire state building, lol.
    At dinner, all the campers gather in the dining hall, food of all sorts spawns in. All campers give up a portion of their meals in a bonfire to the gods.
    Percy is starting to feel at home.

For now..

To be continued next chapter..

Chapter 8

Sorry for the delay

Chapter 8: We capture a flag

Percy is only good at one activity so far: Canoeing.
    Oh shit lel, he manages to disarm the best swordsman potential in a few hundred years.
    There was a pact with the big 3 gods about no more kids as they were too strong, yet Zeus broke that oath.
    Hades sent his army after the poor girl, Thalia, and she dies protected camp half blood.
    Zeus turns her into a tree.
    Percy talks with Grover about the underworld, while grover mentally shits himself.

CTF time, no armor or swords seem to work for percy, poor thing. He is border control, as he walks by the riverside a gang of ares cabin show up to rough him up, fucking with his chi.
    He falls into the river, and with a newfound surge of power, he kicks the asses of the ares cabin.

Shit goes down blah blah blah and a symbol appears over percys head.

"All hail percy jackson, son of Poseidon, earthshaker, stormbringer, god of the sea."

Another one of the big 3 has broken the oath

to be continued

Chapter 9
    Last edited by Gay; 11-06-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    I read this series when I was in high school. I honestly don't remember what happened at all, but I remember liking it. It was infinitely better than what everyone else was reading at the time - twilight XD.

So far your log is excellent nyx, keep up the good work
    CLUE - Assassin Game [SIGN UPS] - click here!
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikamara View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read this series when I was in high school. I honestly don't remember what happened at all, but I remember liking it. It was infinitely better than what everyone else was reading at the time - twilight XD.

So far your log is excellent nyx, keep up the good work
    Thank you so much Nika

I put real effort into this

Im gonna be doing 1 chapter per day, so stay tuned!

Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    Thank you so much Nika

I put real effort into this

Im gonna be doing 1 chapter per day, so stay tuned!
    sounds fun! I will be tunning in
    CLUE - Assassin Game [SIGN UPS] - click here!
    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

percy jackson

Quote Originally Posted by lamontagne View Post
    percy jackson
    Its great

Have you read Rick Riordans other work?

- - - Updated - - -

I will probably have to edit this to make them more... crisp.
    That will be tomorrow

See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar

You see the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post

You see the movie?
    Yeah, they kind of messed it up beyond repair in movie 2 though.

Yeah, they kind of messed it up beyond repair in movie 2 though.
    I was curious. I heard the movies deviated hard.

I was curious. I heard the movies deviated hard.
    Yep, I think they rushed it and possibly only read the book once before they made it

Such squandered potential, it could've been the next harry potter.

Yep, I think they rushed it and possibly only read the book once before they made it

Such squandered potential, it could've been the next harry potter.
    I know it was being angled as such. It also had some stiff competition movie wise with Hunger Games at the time.

I know it was being angled as such. It also had some stiff competition movie wise with Hunger Games at the time.
    The hunger games books were ok, but the movies were terrible imo.

If it were more focused on the actual survival and fighting it would have been so, so much better.

Sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Fair enough

I accept

2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    alright

Looks great

Looks good, I'll probably buy this book.

I will start this

Thanks you guys

Chapter 2 in a few hours

@Jörmungandr;
    @Nikamaru; @Pimp of Pimps; @Makenzye; @lamontagne; @120; @Finalbeta;

Chapter 2 is up

@Jörmungandr;
    @Nikamaru; @Pimp of Pimps; @Makenzye; @lamontagne; @120; @Finalbeta;

Chapter 2 is up
    Are you mostly just summarizing, or are you just pointing out your favorite parts?

Are you mostly just summarizing, or are you just pointing out your favorite parts?
    Both, I guess.
    If you have any recommendations id love to hear them, im rather new to RL's.