• 3/5

2 50.00%
  • 4/5

2 50.00%
  • 5/5

0 0%

Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 234 Discussion Thread

No one posted the chapter yet?

So Eizan's plan is to have the judges eat a dish that will ruin the taste of Takumi's dish?

That might work in some regular shokugeki, but these are top quality judges he's dealing with, so I think they'll be able to differentiate the dishes easily enough.

Eizan is pretty hilarious though, his chances would probably look better if he wasn't screaming about how foolproof his evil scheme is out loud which basically guarantees its going to be thwarted, but I think everyone saw him getting defeated here anyways so might as well ham it up as much as possible while he's still around.

Honestly, Eizan and his stupid faces. The man pretty much dug his own grave this chapter. Takumi is definitely winning this one now.

Takumi is 1000% guaranteed to win. THis setup is boring and annoying tbh. We all know he isn't gonna job a second time and to such a weak opponent at that. Souma crushed Eizan a while back and Takumi should be at least at that level at this point with all his "special training". Takumi should have countermeasures against a tactic like this at this point.

If he was up against a stronger foe their might have been some tension but Takumi losing twice in a row is unlikely still especially since he is a very popular character which is why the author has been pushing him a lot lately even though he isn't that great.

I do think it is predictable, but I have been enjoying this match nonetheless. Eizan is just so delightfully scummy it's hard for me not to enjoy seeing him ham things up so over the top, and I think him being rather incompetent in comparison to the Elite 10 kind of adds to the charm. The part where he said Takumi is a failure and Souma would have crushed Mimasaka if he was in his shoes got a laugh out of me, the dude legit channeled Nightfall for a moment there at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the dude legit channeled Nightfall for a moment there at the end.

Proud Follower of Allah Mercantilist's Avatar
    Eizan is my favourite seat right now

The rest are not believable, cliched or lolis.

Devour the Heavens&Earth Huo Yuhao's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I do think it is predictable, but I have been enjoying this match nonetheless. Eizan is just so delightfully scummy it's hard for me not to enjoy seeing him ham things up so over the top, and I think him being rather incompetent in comparison to the Elite 10 kind of adds to the charm. The part where he said Takumi is a failure and Souma would have crushed Mimasaka if he was in his shoes got a laugh out of me, the dude legit channeled Nightfall for a moment there at the end.
    Eizan dropping truth bombs

eh, interesting... In a way Eizan is going true with his Alquimista shit and still going with his "cheating" ways. Would be much better presentation if Eizan isn't screaming his evil plan like some third rate villain and instead someone like Alice notice about the ingredient he is using (and inform the team)

can't see Eizan winning at all, but still an enjoyable match compared to some others

i hate this trend.

Takumi is going for a sweet pizza and all Eizen did was help him win harder

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Takumi is going for a sweet pizza and all Eizen did was help him win harder
    Man, imagine jobbing so hard you lose to the actual jobber
    Dizzy, drunk and handsome.

http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/234/4614/13

that's interesting, I wonder if it gets into the tea as well

http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/234/4614/18

oofa boi

solid chapter, I'm disappointed that Eizan went with the basic roast beef and a horseradish-y sauce route but the artichoke part is a surprising twist. a rare time that a person presenting first has some value to it

though yeah, Eizan pulled a Bleach with his gloating about his plans before the judging even started

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2015 View Post
    Takumi is 1000% guaranteed to win. THis setup is boring and annoying tbh. We all know he isn't gonna job a second time and to such a weak opponent at that. Souma crushed Eizan a while back and Takumi should be at least at that level at this point with all his "special training". Takumi should have countermeasures against a tactic like this at this point.

If he was up against a stronger foe their might have been some tension but Takumi losing twice in a row is unlikely still especially since he is a very popular character which is why the author has been pushing him a lot lately even though he isn't that great.
    How can you not enjoy this match?
    The moment we knew who was facing who, it was somewhat obvious who was going to win their match and who wasn't. So at least instead of hyping of Eizan to make him seem better than he really is. We get a fun match due to Eizan's personality and faces. So far I think the author is doing the right thing with this match.

But yeah chapter was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    How can you not enjoy this match?
    The moment we knew who was facing who, it was somewhat obvious who was going to win their match and who wasn't. So at least instead of hyping of Eizan to make him seem better than he really is. We get a fun match due to Eizan's personality and faces. So far I think the author is doing the right thing with this match.

But yeah chapter was fun.
    Its not bad I didn't want him to face a weak opponent like Eizan in the first place. The best thing about this chapter were the expressions