View Poll Results: Who is the stronger/better cook?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hojo

0 0%
  • Isami

1 100.00%

Thread: Hojo vs Isami

Hojo vs Isami

Alright, so here is all the necessary information for this cooking duel.
    • These two chefs got the same score of 87 in the B block of the autumn election when the theme was curry.
    • Miyoko Hojo's specialty is Chinese.
    • Isami Aldini's specialty is Italian.

Shokugeki Theme: Neutral

Tl; dr - This Shokugeki is where Hojo can cook any dish vs Isami can cook any dish.

In this Shokugeki, who do you think will be the winner/is the stronger cook?

Cast your vote in the poll, whether you want to give your opinion and defend/explain your opinion or not.

I think I'd side with Hojo if it was fresh off of the curry prelims but now I'd give it to Isami

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'd side with Hojo if it was fresh off of the curry prelims but now I'd give it to Isami
    Wouldn't they still be the same up to this point, since they didn't anything after the autumn elections that would have them improve more than the other?(Both did the Stagiare)

Quote Originally Posted by AverageReader100 View Post
    Wouldn't they still be the same up to this point, since they didn't anything after the autumn elections that would have them improve more than the other?(Both did the Stagiare)
    I feel like Isami has higher potential and growth rate, based on gut feel and his higher amount of paneltime.

Isami likely wins, sadly we haven't seen much of Hojo and like Void said Isami likely has a better growth rate.

Hmm, no defense for Hojo? It looks like the consensus is that Isami is the better cook. Well, including Japanese elements into Italian cooking is more skilled than Chinese-only cooking.

Hmm, no defense for Hojo? It looks like the consensus is that Isami is the better cook. Well, including Japanese elements into Italian cooking is more skilled than Chinese-only cooking.
    Well, it's just that she lacks feats and all we've seen from her is pineapple fried rice curry iirc. She's not as limited as Kuga's Chinese but we've yet to see how masterful she really is with Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Isami likely wins, sadly we haven't seen much of Hojo and like Void said Isami likely has a better growth rate.
    At the same time, if we haven't seen Hojo since the elections, then how can we be sure that Hojo hasn't grown as well? She did see Megumi being all happy with the fishermen in her town, so that might change her mentality, resulting in her learning a thing or two from the Chinatown cooks.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it's just that she lacks feats and all we've seen from her is pineapple fried rice curry iirc. She's not as limited as Kuga's Chinese but we've yet to see how masterful she really is with Chinese.
    What are we counting as feats exactly, just to be sure? Is it the dishes each of them made, or the cooking skills that they have shown? Both Isami and Hojo only made 1 dish solo(I'm not counting the collaboration dish with Takumi for this 1on1 shokugeki) and Isami has skill with a knife and mezzaluna, and Hojo is physically strong enough to use a wok with 1 hand.

Yeah, she's more broad in Chinese than Kuga, but her skill is unknown.

What are we counting as feats exactly, just to be sure? Is it the dishes each of them made, or the cooking skills that they have shown? Both Isami and Hojo only made 1 dish solo(I'm not counting the collaboration dish with Takumi for this 1on1 shokugeki) and Isami has skill with a knife and mezzaluna, and Hojo is physically strong enough to use a wok with 1 hand.

Yeah, she's more broad in Chinese than Kuga, but her skill is unknown.
    I count both

even if we go with autumn election only, I was more impressed with Isami's dish and skills, strength of arm isn't really what I would count as a plus for Hojo

At the same time, if we haven't seen Hojo since the elections, then how can we be sure that Hojo hasn't grown as well? She did see Megumi being all happy with the fishermen in her town, so that might change her mentality, resulting in her learning a thing or two from the Chinatown cooks.

No one saying she didn't grow just that she didn't grow as much as Isami.

I count both

even if we go with autumn election only, I was more impressed with Isami's dish and skills, strength of arm isn't really what I would count as a plus for Hojo
    Yeah, arm strength doesn't mean anything for cooking I just re-read the chapter that featured both of them, and Isami's calzone was the one that got a more in-depth explanation and reaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post

No one saying she didn't grow just that she didn't grow as much as Isami.
    No, no, of course not. I just think they grew at the same rate, because I don't see anything showing one growing more than the other