Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey everyone

Bright Eyed Solstice Wi S. Kennedeh's Avatar
    I keep meaning to check it out, what's it about?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskodeh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep meaning to check it out, what's it about?
    There's a description of the series.

"Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986 during the time frame of October 4 and 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima. The head of a wealthy family named Kinzou Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eleven of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzou's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are five of Kinzou's servants, and his personal physician. After the eleven family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered."

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    There's a description of the series.

"Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986 during the time frame of October 4 and 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima. The head of a wealthy family named Kinzou Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eleven of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzou's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are five of Kinzou's servants, and his personal physician. After the eleven family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered."
    It sounds like something I've read before but dropped for whatever reason, should I get into it?

It sounds like something I've read before but dropped for whatever reason, should I get into it?
    Yes, definitely. It's my favorite fictional story. If you don't like the visual novels, there's always a manga. You should give it a try.

Yes, definitely. It's my favorite fictional story. If you don't like the visual novels, there's always a manga. You should give it a try.
    I'll add to the top of the list then

Speaking of which, could you list me some of your favorite anime/manga? I know there was a thread somewhere around here where people listed their favorites a while back but I can't find it

I'll add to the top of the list then

Speaking of which, could you list me some of your favorite anime/manga? I know there was a thread somewhere around here where people listed their favorites a while back but I can't find it
    Sure. There's a few of my favorite series.

Anime: Monster, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Higurashi, Hajime no Ippo, One Outs, Gintama, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Monogatari series, Rainbow, Fate/Zero.

Manga: Umineko, 20th Century Boys, Oyasumi Punpun, Berserk, Vagabond, Hoshi no Samidare, Onani Master Kurosawa, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Holyland, Tokyo Ghoul & Tokyo Ghoul:re.

I'm sure I've forgotten about some series, but whatever. I wanted to make a MAL account, however I don't feel like adding over a thousand series.

As for a thread you mentioned, I'll try to find it. I don't remember its name though.

Sure. There's a few of my favorite series.

Anime: Monster, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Higurashi, Hajime no Ippo, One Outs, Gintama, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Monogatari series, Rainbow, Fate/Zero.

Manga: Umineko, 20th Century Boys, Oyasumi Punpun, Berserk, Vagabond, Hoshi no Samidare, Onani Master Kurosawa, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure, Holyland, Tokyo Ghoul & Tokyo Ghoul:re.

I'm sure I've forgotten about some series, but whatever. I wanted to make a MAL account, however I don't feel like adding over a thousand series.

As for a thread you mentioned, I'll try to find it. I don't remember its name though.
    I've seen/read most of these lol, lot of my favorites too, Jojo, FMA, Berserk, Gintama, HxH is up there for me too

Yeah, I've been thiniking of making a MAL too since the system for keeping track of all your series is pretty useful, only problem is I really can't stand a good 98% of its user base, so it'd really only be used for just that, and like you said it's a lot of stuff to add

I've seen/read most of these lol, lot of my favorites too, Jojo, FMA, Berserk, Gintama, HxH is up there for me too

Yeah, I've been thiniking of making a MAL too since the system for keeping track of all your series is pretty useful, only problem is I really can't stand a good 98% of its user base, so it'd really only be used for just that, and like you said it's a lot of stuff to add
    Good, finally we have a new member with a decent taste. By the way, I have the most refined taste on TMF, so feel free to ask me about anime and manga recommendations. Novels and visual novels as well.

That too, but the biggest problem is rating. I've started watching anime more or less 5 years ago, and I don't remember every single series I've read or watched. It would be difficult to rate a series without remembering anything about it. I thought about just adding the series I've read and watched, but that sounds pointless to me.

Good, finally we have a new member with a decent taste. By the way, I have the most refined taste on TMF, so feel free to ask me about anime and manga recommendations. Novels and visual novels as well.

That too, but the biggest problem is rating. I've started watching anime more or less 5 years ago, and I don't remember every single series I've read or watched. It would be difficult to rate a series without remembering anything about it. I thought about just adding the series I've read and watched, but that sounds pointless to me.
    Lol thanks, I'll keep that in mind, probably gonna message you when I get around to reading Umineko if that's alright

Yeah, I remember a decent amount of them, but some of the more obscure, weird stuff that I can't even remember why I started watching would have to be left out, so I'll probably just avoid it entirely

hello wisk

i missed your intro for some reason, but welcome and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    hello wisk

Be careful of this guy.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispickle View Post
    hello wisk

Thanks Crisp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rax View Post
    Be careful of this guy.
    Scared, Rax?

Thanks Crisp

- - - Updated - - -

Scared, Rax?

Crispy is dangerous.

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Crispy is dangerous.
    I come prepared

Lol thanks, I'll keep that in mind, probably gonna message you when I get around to reading Umineko if that's alright

Yeah, I remember a decent amount of them, but some of the more obscure, weird stuff that I can't even remember why I started watching would have to be left out, so I'll probably just avoid it entirely
    Yeah, that's fine with me. As far as I know, only two people from TMF have read or played Umineko, so I'd love to know your thoughts about the series. Take your time.

Crispy is dangerous.
    shut up

i'm nice and pure.

and nice.

Yeah, that's fine with me. As far as I know, only two people from TMF have read or played Umineko, so I'd love to know your thoughts about the series. Take your time.
    Cool, cool