Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you are on shitting mode once again,looking for things that were never intended to be something important as things to shit on Oda.

    Again.The only thing Doflamingo was implying is that Luffy will never put him down with these kind of attacks.We did not see something different in the previous chapter.You don't launch someone multiple meters back with your attack being shit.We saw a reaction of Doffy in the previous chapter,calling Trebol a fool.You seriously can't expect him to have a huge monologue about Trebol when he is hellbent on killing Law.Niptick at it's finest from a master such as you.Franky's laser ? You mean Caesar wanting to make a research on it ? Giant Prisoners ? We found out that PH was a place were experiments on prisoners were made.Some of them were about turning people into giants.It's not that hard.Doffy's entire personality ? Doflamingo was still the cocky motherfucker he always was,the pupeteer.Age of smiles ? Seriously Dayum ? We literally had a Saga about the SMILEs.Why the heck do you nitpick so much ?
    What are you talking about? I said 1-single panel and yes that would be entirely appropriate and not out of place. Even just a quick shot of him tilting his head in the direction of the explosion and getting angry for a second then charging for his target.

    Not going on a back and forth over each example. Those were just some off the top of my head. So you're going to be a contrarian on all of them and anything else I bring up and pretend that these are not all story threads that took up page space only to go nowhere?? How does that support your original point? If none of these things were important why spend a single portion of a chapter on them at all when he could develop a character, a relationship, show an extra panel of a fight he off-screened, anything at all. You're not making any sense. Calling these scenes unimportant is making my case for me.

    Oda even changed his mind about Trebol's(he came through a crack in a wall) and Katakuri's DF turning both in Paramecia later. He clearly did not think those DF through. He clearly just comes up with ideas on the spot now then throws them out when he forgets, changes his mind, wants to force the story in a certain direction, or loses interest.

    Seriously ? You'd be the first to bitch about the Straw Hats having it too easy on a Yonko territory yet now Oda should just move the story forward ? I can't believe the shit you have spouted in this single post.
    This just crossed into moronic territory. You sound like a fucking FOOL. Yes Oda should absolutely have them move on with the story.

    1. I did not say move onto another arc. 2. Who said anything about the SH having it easy? The issue is that Oda has had plenty of opportunities to create the perfect climax of the arc but keeps creating another "dire" situation instead. First the picture&missiles, then she regained her senses and went after Capone, then the bomb exploded, then she went crazy again but then she caught up right away with Zeus, then she got electrocuted, Pedro suicides so the SH can get away, she is again immediately back on their asses.

    It's the exact same situation over and over again instead of using the opportunity to push the story forward. It's no different than constantly running from the gas on PH. Moving on means going to a different story beat which could be anything not necessarily moving onto Reverie or Wano. Could be what Capone, Caesar, or the Vinnesmokes are doing, could be scenes of Compote or Smoothie, could be Strussy, could be Streusen plotting something, citizens reacting to BM going crazy and turning against the family, Pekoms plotting, Fishman pirates could have interjected earlier if they don't save them from t tidal wave, rendevous with FP and plan to get Sanji&Luffy again, anything but placing the SH into the same "is BM going to kill them now, tune in next week", scenario with a different coat of paint.

    lol at the idea the SH have not had it easy when BM constantly misses her attacks, Prom was pushed back by a few water spears, Zeus went full retard, they are now separated her, Nami was able to act before her second swing, Kata did not destroy the ship, Brulee still hasn't told anyone they made a poneglyph copy, and all the stuff that went coincidentally went good for them early on the in arc because of luck or the villains just not making rational decisions or judgements.
    Last edited by Dayum; 09-27-2017 at 05:20 PM.

  2. #42
    And I thought Law had a haxxed fruit. Big Mom can control the freaking ocean.

    That fruit is OP as hell.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Him never losing his cool and just laughing everything off worked when he was a minor character pre-skip but through his arc it would not had worked. Would had felt really weird if he were just laughing at all the shit that happened to him since Vergo got defeated which is why i guess Oda changed that part.
    Why? Him laughing and going insane as his empire crumbled would have showed his insanity. Originally we theorized Birdcage was just his way of killing as many peopld as possible before he eventually fell or biding his time until he got assistance from CP-0 or something. Him progressively having a psychotic break as DR went on would have coincided with his character perfectly.

    Please don't simplify our disappointment with Doflamingo character shift as him just not laughing as much. He always came off as a joker type character who just wants to see the world burn. His flashback shows us why but did not go as far with it as it could have.

  4. #44
    well they're not out of the woods yet, big mom can literally swamp their entire ship so the tension still continues lol

    a bit dissapointed they went away from the katakuri fight tho after it started picking up steam. was expecting a cage match with no mirrors left

  5. #45

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why? Him laughing and going insane as his empire crumbled would have showed his insanity. Originally we theorized Birdcage was just his way of killing as many peopld as possible before he eventually fell or biding his time until he got assistance from CP-0 or something. Him progressively having a psychotic break as DR went on would have coincided with his character perfectly.

    Please don't simplify our disappointment with Doflamingo character shift as him just not laughing as much. He always came off as a joker type character who just wants to see the world burn. His flashback shows us why but did not go as far with it as it could have.
    Just would had felt weird if he kept seeing everything happening as pure fun but maybe that's not what you guys mean? Rather him being angry and understanding how serious the situation is but trying to laugh off the anger as much as possible like he kind off said himself he was and you wish he would had delivered on that? If so i can see the issue.

    I would have had no problem with that and that would probably just had been better infact since it would make him even more interesting if he kept having that smile on his face but moreso kept it in a way where it was obvious that he is actually pissed rather then just having fun even though i still don't really mind what we got.
    Last edited by Neko; 09-27-2017 at 05:34 PM.

  6. #46
    WORST MANIPULATOR Acno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    11,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Fist of Destruction View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow You guys expect Doffy to laugh like idoit when his entire shit was on line

    - - - Updated - - -



    Why do u even bother coming to this section ?
    Why not

    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough

    I accept

    2 week avatar bet
    Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah,sure..
    Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    alright

  7. #47
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just would had felt weird if he kept seeing everything happening as pure fun but maybe that's not what you guys mean? Rather him being angry and understanding how serious the situation is but trying to laugh off the anger as much as possible like he kind off said himself he was and you wish he would had delivered on that? If so i can see the issue.

    I would have had no problem with that and that would probably just had been better infact since it would make him even more interesting if he kept having that smile on his face but moreso kept it in a way where it was obvious that he is actually pissed rather then just having fun even though i still don't really mind what we got.
    No.

    Why is this stance so hard for people to understand?

    He was supposed to be the type of character who would revel in the chaos and get off on all the turmoil and destruction taking place.

    Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this even a thead?

  8. #48
    Sincerely Insincere Y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29,787
    Doffy wasn't.... Doffy in Dressrosa. It annoyed me honestly

  9. #49

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.

    Why is this stance so hard for people to understand?

    He was supposed to be the type of character who would revel in the chaos and get off on all the turmoil and destruction taking place.
    So him simply laughing it all off?

    Could you maybe give a example on how he should had reacted at the bad events going down, maybe your stance would be easier to understand that way.

  10. #50
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So him simply laughing it all off?

    Could you maybe give a example on how he should had reacted at the bad events going down, maybe your stance would be easier to understand that way.
    Imagine the Joker laughing as Batman pummels him.

    Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this even a thead?

  11. #51

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Imagine the Joker laughing as Batman pummels him.
    Actually i see what you mean now. You are referring to him laughing similar to how he did in his throne wars speech.Laughing but more in a insane way rather then in a happy go lucky way and that's kind off the same situation. He have lost and is getting sent to prison but is still laughing but in a insane way, where he is not really happy but not really angry either.

    He wouldn't be completely carefree about everything but would still show he is insane by pulling a creepy smile/laugh at everything going down similar to how he acted in that scene. That would had been good enough to me and i can see why you guys wanted it even though i still don't mind his losing his cool moments in DR.
    Last edited by Neko; 09-27-2017 at 06:06 PM.

  12. #52
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I thought Law had a haxxed fruit. Big Mom can control the freaking ocean.

    That fruit is OP as hell.
    It really isn't



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


  13. #53
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Hero From Beyond View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really isn't
    I really wish Big Mom would've used her rainbow Homie in battle instead of Napoleon. Imagine all the cool tricks he could've pulled off, like refracting light, firing beams or serving as a bridge/road for Mama.



    Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this even a thead?

  14. #54
    WORST MANIPULATOR Acno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    11,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I thought Law had a haxxed fruit. Big Mom can control the freaking ocean.

    That fruit is OP as hell.
    No,her DF is not OP.

  15. #55
    Why did everyone expect Doflamingo to be the exact same few panel appearance he was before the time skip? How can you say that's his entire Character based on him being shown in only a few panels?

  16. #56
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    16,980
    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did everyone expect Doflamingo to be the exact same few panel appearance he was before the time skip? How can you say that's his entire Character based on him being shown in only a few panels?
    Is this a troll post or are you serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by X
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come her and fuck me like a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is this even a thead?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this a troll post or are you serious?
    No I'm dead serious, Everyone I've seen post about Doflamingo is basing their gripe on his few appearances on the pre skip and expected him not to have something different about him once he gained more of an appearance, the only issue I see is that his character was fleshed out and nobody liked it because they expected him to be the guy who gave out philosophical speeches all day and have the background they where wanting instead of the one we got.

    I'm really not getting why he was hated so much based on that.
    Last edited by DUDE; 09-27-2017 at 06:36 PM.

  18. #58
    Sword of the Morning Dellinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    12,438
    Quote Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I'm dead serious, Everyone I've seen post about Doflamingo is basing their gripe on his few appearances on the pre skip and expected him not to have something different about him once he gained more of an appearance, the only issue I see is that his character was fleshed out and nobody liked it because they expected him to be the guy who gave out philosophical speeches all day and not have the background they where wanting.

    I'm really not getting why he was hated so much based on that.
    He is only hated in this forum.Every other forum praises him as the best villain.Go figure





  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Hero From Beyond View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It really isn't
    Quote Originally Posted by 120 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No,her DF is not OP.
    -Creating entities that cannot be hurt unless you posses soul-based powers

    -Among these entities, there is a huge fireball and a thundercloud, allowing mama to replicate Mera-Mera no Mi and Goro-Goro no Mi's attacks and abilities. Lastly it was revealed she can control water itself.

    -Energy/Stamina draining.

    Her fruit is easily one of the most useful, haxxed and OP ones in the manga. Coupled with Big Mom's creativity and physical stats, it is a deadly combination.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 09-27-2017 at 08:43 PM.

  20. #60
    Red Hero Rax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    61,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    -Creating entities that cannot be hurt unless you posses soul-based powers

    -Among this entities, these is a huge fireball and a thundercloud, allowing mama to replicate Mera-Mera no Mi and Goro-Goro no Mi's attacks and abilities. Lastly it was revealed she can control water itself.

    -Energy/Stamina draining.

    Her fruit is easily one of the most useful, haxxed and OP ones in the manga. Coupled with Big Mom's creativity and physical stats, it is a deadly combination.
    Clearly not since you can deatroy whatever she puts them in or disappate clouds and fire.



    Your friendship?
    I'll take it!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •