View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    0 0%
  • 2/5

    2 12.50%
  • 3/5

    8 50.00%
  • 4/5

    2 12.50%
  • 5/5

    4 25.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79
  1. #21
    Since when did Riboku become a master assassin?

    this shit is ridiculous, how was Riboku able to get so close without drawing attention? Makou couldn't even unsheath his sword.


  2. #22
    I know this chapter was supposed to make Riboku look badass and like a man worthy of his hype, but I feel it kind of just made him look more lucky than smart. It seems to be implied that the reason Makou went down like such a chump is because for some reason he wasn't carrying his weapon, which comes down to Makou's carelessness and not Riboku's cunning intellect. If he had his glaive in hand then he most likely would have blocked that first blow, and even if Riboku could kill him from there, he couldn't afford to drag things out into an actual duel. Makou wouldn't have let him run and the entire plan would have been thwarted like that and bit Riboku in the ass hard. That's on top of Makou for some reason not having anyone scouting or defending his perimeter, sitting vulnerable in the wide open area where someone could beeline him without him noticing.

    I've seen people bring up Kanki at the Coalition War for comparison, but he and Choutou still had to fight their way through Seikai's final defensive line and didn't just appear right on top of him for a finishing blow, and with the others at Sanyou he stealthily infiltrated disguised as Wei soldiers until he was close enough rather than just charge up on horseback without anyone noticing. It gives the impression that Makou died because of his own incompetence and not Riboku's genius, and it also means Riboku was completely full of shit saying he never draws his sword in battle because his tactics are just so good.

  3. #23
    This seems super out of character for RiBoku, and not at all in a good way.

    Judging by stats and how he's been portrayed so far, I thought of him as a genius. You know, sort of like how one of the smartest generals in Kingdom, GoHouMei, has to be on one of those towers, looking down at the battlefield when he uses 'Ryuudou' meanwhile RiBoku can just picture it all in his head because he is a true genius.

    This assassin shit... I'm not really feeling it at all.

    I think RiBoku personally leading this detachment and slaying MaKou is fine, sadly the way it was done was super cheese, but it's the fact he has done this enough against the Xiong Nu to the point where he's an 'assassin' that really kills it for me.

    But whatever, more importantly I'm just worried my boy Shin is about to do something really stupid lol.
    Last edited by Li_Xin; 09-14-2017 at 12:46 AM.

  4. #24
    This was dumb.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this chapter was supposed to make Riboku look badass and like a man worthy of his hype, but I feel it kind of just made him look more lucky than smart. It seems to be implied that the reason Makou went down like such a chump is because for some reason he wasn't carrying his weapon, which comes down to Makou's carelessness and not Riboku's cunning intellect. If he had his glaive in hand then he most likely would have blocked that first blow, and even if Riboku could kill him from there, he couldn't afford to drag things out into an actual duel. Makou wouldn't have let him run and the entire plan would have been thwarted like that and bit Riboku in the ass hard. That's on top of Makou for some reason not having anyone scouting or defending his perimeter, sitting vulnerable in the wide open area where someone could beeline him without him noticing.

    I've seen people bring up Kanki at the Coalition War for comparison, but he and Choutou still had to fight their way through Seikai's final defensive line and didn't just appear right on top of him for a finishing blow, and with the others at Sanyou he stealthily infiltrated disguised as Wei soldiers until he was close enough rather than just charge up on horseback without anyone noticing. It gives the impression that Makou died because of his own incompetence and not Riboku's genius, and it also means Riboku was completely full of shit saying he never draws his sword in battle because his tactics are just so good.
    I guess it could be plausible that Riboku saw Makou was unarmed from a distance. There's a lot of hills where they are - enough to conceal a few thousand (and he only has a few hundred). So he waited for a moment to strike. I doubt Riboku just went directly from the center field to the left without stopping and analyzing the situation. If he saw Makou was armed maybe he would have done something different.

    Agree that the Kanki/Seikai comparison doesn't work though. Kanki had disguises both there and back.

  6. #26
    ahahahahaha giantbiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,419
    The Star of the Left Battlefield




    - Still no explaination on how can Rebook teleport a small army within 2 meters of Makou without anyone noticing. Apparently he's a better assassin than Kyoukai. The asspull is real
    - And Shin is still yelling his lung off like a buffoon. Does doing that make him stronger or something ?
    Last edited by giantbiceps; 09-14-2017 at 02:12 AM.


  7. #27
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    18,191
    Would Makou have died from the neck/throat wound if he let himself "fall" pretending to be dead after that first strike?

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  8. #28
    did not expect at all that Hara decide to say something unneeded about Riboku being an assassin instead of explaining how they sneak.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiryuu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would Makou have died from the neck/throat wound if he let himself "fall" pretending to be dead after that first strike?
    probably still a yes

  9. #29
    J.Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know this chapter was supposed to make Riboku look badass and like a man worthy of his hype, but I feel it kind of just made him look more lucky than smart. It seems to be implied that the reason Makou went down like such a chump is because for some reason he wasn't carrying his weapon, which comes down to Makou's carelessness and not Riboku's cunning intellect. If he had his glaive in hand then he most likely would have blocked that first blow, and even if Riboku could kill him from there, he couldn't afford to drag things out into an actual duel. Makou wouldn't have let him run and the entire plan would have been thwarted like that and bit Riboku in the ass hard. That's on top of Makou for some reason not having anyone scouting or defending his perimeter, sitting vulnerable in the wide open area where someone could beeline him without him noticing.

    I've seen people bring up Kanki at the Coalition War for comparison, but he and Choutou still had to fight their way through Seikai's final defensive line and didn't just appear right on top of him for a finishing blow, and with the others at Sanyou he stealthily infiltrated disguised as Wei soldiers until he was close enough rather than just charge up on horseback without anyone noticing. It gives the impression that Makou died because of his own incompetence and not Riboku's genius, and it also means Riboku was completely full of shit saying he never draws his sword in battle because his tactics are just so good.
    Completely and Totally on point as always. The cheap and Stupid way Hara is using to hype the Commanders on this Battlefield is ridiculous. Of all the most retarded and implausible situations that has happened in Kingdom, These Riboku assassin nonsense takes the Cake. It further proves that the man himself is just empty Hype and Asspulled Substance rather than an actual Competent general, much less a threat without Houken.

  10. #30
    This shit is indefensibly stupid

    Between Riboku's masterplan being running around like an assassin instead of properly overseeing the battlefield...when he could have just sent Bananji or Gyo'un, Batei wanking off to Riboku as though that showed Riboku was stronger than Ousen...

  11. #31
    ahahahahaha giantbiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This shit is indefensibly stupid

    Between Riboku's masterplan being running around like an assassin instead of properly overseeing the battlefield...when he could have just sent Bananji or Gyo'un, Batei wanking off to Riboku as though that showed Riboku was stronger than Ousen...
    Foreshadow that Shin will kill Batie


  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This shit is indefensibly stupid

    Between Riboku's masterplan being running around like an assassin instead of properly overseeing the battlefield...when he could have just sent Bananji or Gyo'un, Batei wanking off to Riboku as though that showed Riboku was stronger than Ousen...
    Both totally different. Banaji is a beast of a man for a start and more importantly Riboku says:

    "If I spot a single opening on the left or right side I shall immediately pounce on it".

    Banaji wouldn't be able to spot an opportunity like Riboku has. It's obvious that Riboku hasn't just teleported from the center field - before the battle even started, Kinmou told him not to leave which would infer Riboku simply hasn't been in the center for a while. In fact he likely went there the second he realized Ousen had sent Makou.

    There's a difference between teleporting and not being shown the specifics. I woulda been cool to actually see those specifics but oh well.

    Not only that but Riboku didn't have any soldiers in his immediate space and obviously didn't have a flag. If you're at the back of a crowd, looking straight forward at 50 thousand people fighting, do you think it's impossible for a single person to walk up to you and tap you on the shoulder before you saw them coming?

    The BS thing is Makou for some unknown reason not having his glaive with him. It's not the plan or the teleportation (which is only getting said because it's the current topic of conversation with Game Of Thrones, I feel).

    If you look at the map + panels Makou is looking straight forward, then turns left - i think the left of that battlefield is the hills/area where Zhao are not meant to be, which can explain why Makou left himself defenseless to that side. Still stupid as fuck from Makou, of course.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foreshadow that Shin will kill Batie
    Shin decided to run after Riboku's teleporting unit so he gets nothing

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both totally different. Banaji is a beast of a man for a start and more importantly Riboku says:

    "If I spot a single opening on the left or right side I shall immediately pounce on it".

    Banaji wouldn't be able to spot an opportunity like Riboku has. It's obvious that Riboku hasn't just teleported from the center field - before the battle even started, Kinmou told him not to leave which would infer Riboku simply hasn't been in the center for a while. In fact he likely went there the second he realized Ousen had sent Makou.

    There's a difference between teleporting and not being shown the specifics. I woulda been cool to actually see those specifics but oh well.

    Not only that but Riboku didn't have any soldiers in his immediate space and obviously didn't have a flag. If you're at the back of a crowd, looking straight forward at 50 thousand people fighting, do you think it's impossible for a single person to walk up to you and tap you on the shoulder before you saw them coming?

    The BS thing is Makou for some unknown reason not having his glaive with him. It's not the plan or the teleportation (which is only getting said because it's the current topic of conversation with Game Of Thrones, I feel).

    If you look at the map + panels Makou is looking straight forward, then turns left - i think the left of that battlefield is the hills/area where Zhao are not meant to be, which can explain why Makou left himself defenseless to that side. Still stupid as fuck from Makou, of course.
    I like the idea of a roaming assassination unit- if it were Gyo-un or Bananji or Kisui leading it I would be okay with it. The problem is putting the CiC, who is a good but not Tou/Ouki level fighter, in that position is unneccesariy risky, ridivulously out of character for Riboku, and the fact he supposedly slew hundreds of Xiongnu like this makes his "I only fight war with tactics" look like a joke.

    Not to mention the idea that he can be anywhere in both the left and right battlefields if he sees an opening pretty much requires teleporting anyway

    The Makou stuff is dumb, yeah
    Last edited by Tenma; 09-14-2017 at 03:35 AM.

  14. #34
    ahahahahaha giantbiceps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shin decided to run after Riboku's teleporting unit so he gets nothing
    This is the second times Batei has disrepected Ousen's genius mind, he needs to die for that. Not to mention he and Shin have unfinished business since their last encouter



    I think Shin will fail to kill Riboku but instead will take Batei's head here seeing how Shin have to cut his way through the Batei's amry to get to Riboku and Batei's death, acording to Mouten, will weaken the Kisui'a army strenght by half. Batie dying here will even the left battlefield.

    I made a map of the current left side:
    Last edited by giantbiceps; 09-14-2017 at 03:50 AM.


  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - - - Updated - - -

    I like the idea of a roaming assassination unit- if it were Gyo-un or Bananji or Kisui leading it I would be okay with it. The problem is putting the CiC, who is a good but not Tou/Ouki level fighter, in that position is unneccesariy risky, ridivulously out of character for Riboku, and the fact he supposedly slew hundreds of Xiongnu like this makes his "I only fight war with tactics" look like a joke.
    Who's to say Riboku charged in blindly though? He may have seen Makou fight and will definitely have seen that he had no weapon. Do you really think he would have acted the exact same if he heard or saw that it was Moubu standing there instead of Makou? He said he will act when he spots an opening - that tells us he was obviously looking. This wasn't some blind charge, it was calculated. He saw an opening on a battlefield that he was assessing in the first place.

    I understand some of questions being asked but it's only because people are seemingly wanted every minor detail explained when it seems to me as if we should just put 2 + 2 together ourselves.

    Not to mention the idea that he can be anywhere in both the left and right battlefields if he sees an opening pretty much requires teleporting anyway
    He'll have had spies or informers telling him what's going on on both sides. The only way it's teleportation is if you think it should take Riboku significantly more time to reach the left side than it took Makou which is silly considering information came back to Ousen RE Makou and Mouten's actions several chapters ago.

    Remember Riboku already had his eyes on the left battlefield because Ousen was up to something by only sending 5k men. We saw Riboku + the GH dude talking about it.

  16. #36
    I knew people still gonna be bitching.

    Just accept Riboku's greatness.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's to say Riboku charged in blindly though? He may have seen Makou fight and will definitely have seen that he had no weapon. Do you really think he would have acted the exact same if he heard or saw that it was Moubu standing there instead of Makou? He said he will act when he spots an opening - that tells us he was obviously looking. This wasn't some blind charge, it was calculated. He saw an opening on a battlefield that he was assessing in the first place.

    I understand some of questions being asked but it's only because people are seemingly wanted every minor detail explained when it seems to me as if we should just put 2 + 2 together ourselves.



    He'll have had spies or informers telling him what's going on on both sides. The only way it's teleportation is if you think it should take Riboku significantly more time to reach the left side than it took Makou which is silly considering information came back to Ousen RE Makou and Mouten's actions several chapters ago.

    Remember Riboku already had his eyes on the left battlefield because Ousen was up to something by only sending 5k men. We saw Riboku + the GH dude talking about it.
    The plan benched entirely on Makou being a perfect idiot- walking around without his weapon or guards, not sending out scouts, being blind. If Makou wasn't any one of those things...like your average general, the left wing would have been completely destroyed and Kisui slain without a hitch, with the CiC running around alone and helpless unable to convey ordera to give support to the left wing. If Ousen had another trap set up in the left wing- which Riboku knows full well he is capable of with his multilayered strats- the CiC would have been slain there and thrn for a task of comparitively little value. There's a reason generals have vassals to do such work for them. Bananji has shown definitely capable enough to identify a weakpoint in Makou and strike.

    At this stage of the war, Riboku be in a position where he can both view the whole battlefield, and more importantly control the movements of his entire army, distributing men where neccessary, not running around with a small unit. In a similar situation with Fuuki Ouki sent Shin though he could have rode out himself- he needed to be in a position where he could both receive and give information. Even in the Kanki/Seikai incident they had 3 GGs so Mougou could take command while Kanki did his thing, here the Zhao army is currently headless.
    Last edited by Tenma; 09-14-2017 at 04:05 AM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The plan benched entirely on Makou being a perfect idiot- walking around without his weapon or guards, not sending out scouts, being blind. If Makou wasn't any one of those things...like your average general, the left wing would have been completely destroyed and Kisui slain without a hitch, with the CiC running around alone and helpless unable to convey ordera to give support to the left wing. If Ousen had another trap set up in the left wing- which Riboku knows full well he is capable of with his multilayered strats- the CiC would have been slain there and thrn for a task of comparitively little value. There's a reason generals have vassals to do such work for them.
    He did have guards - the one who had his glaive was likely one of them. Futei, Kaine and co took care of them all. A guard doesn't really need to be standing 5 feet away from you - Kanki sat down with just one of his commanders at times during Kokuyou. Kanmei was all alone after sending his giant squad + strategists away. Not everyone is a Fuuki who surrounds himself with protection. No one was within 50 feet of Riboku or Shunshinkun when they were watching the Coalition war IIRC.

    If Riboku didn't spot an opening, he wouldn't have done what he did. He could have gone back or formulated some other plan. I don't know what other plan, but then Hara didn't show us what the battlefield looked like from Riboku's POV (which is a shame, but nitpicking a little, i feel).

    At this stage of the war, Riboku be in a position where he can both view the whole battlefield, and more importantly control the movements of his entire army, distributing men where neccessary, not running around with a small unit. Even in the Kanki/Seikai incident they had 3 GGs so Mougou could take command while Kanki did his thing, here the Zhao army is currently headless.
    It has The GH dude and Kinmou currently. Vs Ousen who is on his own that we know of (though I'm sure he has another commander there). Zhao are hardly exposed given that Riboku's plan was a short-term strategy and he'll return there shortly. What you're basically saying now was discussed at the Zhao HQ (from Kinmou) so again, I don't think that Hara has just ignored the possibility of something going wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think the two biggest 'wtf' things this chapter are Makou giving up his weapon and Riboku all of a sudden being some assassin, which is somewhat of an ass pull. But the rest, I think is explainable.

  19. #39








    - Top page, bottom left panel - Makou uses all his offense
    - "Is this the moment" - Kisui recognizes it as the chance Riboku was waiting for
    - Kisui ignores the panics of his men, he knows Riboku is waiting for this chance + will strike.

    This was obviously a trap from the start. Riboku was laying in wait for Makou to go into all out attack mode. This is why Kisui hasn't yet performed any great moves.

    credit to the posters from reddit tbf

  20. #40
    Putting smiles on faces Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    51,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He did have guards - the one who had his glaive was likely one of them. Futei, Kaine and co took care of them all. A guard doesn't really need to be standing 5 feet away from you - Kanki sat down with just one of his commanders at times during Kokuyou. Kanmei was all alone after sending his giant squad + strategists away. Not everyone is a Fuuki who surrounds himself with protection. No one was within 50 feet of Riboku or Shunshinkun when they were watching the Coalition war IIRC.
    all alone you say?



    SSK and Reebok had adequate protection as evidence of this:



    they don't need a ring of soldiers like 5 feet from them because they're not active field strategists like a Fuuki. If SSK in his pajamas did decide to lead the Chu army after Kanmei's death and had Makou level protection, he'd get all the blame (well, maybe except Crispy's). Kanki in Kokuyou is the same as SSK and Reebok though it's less excusable, but he has the terrain to his use, he's not on active offense like Makou that would require caution and protection from open attacks.

    Karin was on the attack both from her HQ and later rather directly during the Coalition war but Ouhon and Mouten couldn't crack her guard. That's the type of shit I expect from any general worth their salt (differing in scale of course because GG and what not).


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •