5 14.29%
  • 4/5

13 37.14%
  • 5/5

8 22.86%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's honestly amazing how people like PoPs and Dayum even have material anymore.

PoPs was saying the other day that Katakuri could solo the Eleven Supernovas.
    Was he really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifista View Post
    Katakuri isn't a physical fighter? Since when? That has never been said or hinted at. He may like to snipe people with jellybeans but that has never been implied to somehow take away from his physical prowess. So far he's been shown to be pretty dominant in every aspect. That said, I also don't see a reason for him to take Luffy for granted since Cracker was defeated by him and he certainly was present when he saw Luffy's G4 (not to mention Luffy has gotten this far with an enraged Big Mom on his heels). Plus, so far Katakuri has been about the only person in the Big Mom pirates willing to get things and not mess around. Besides, Cracker bent G2/G3 Luffy over backwards with practically zero difficulty. I already acknowledged that Katakuri was only having a little trouble but that is already a lot more than Cracker did. I mean, can you imagine Luffy's trick working with Cracker? The same guy who shoved off an Elephant Gun?

Additionally, don't take this as some sort of huge negative either. I'm just making an observation. Cracker was incredible as far as his power, speed, reactions, and skill were concerned. He just sucked at taking hits (and Luffy had a lot of help). Also, your example with Luffy and Hajrudin isn't really worth much. I mean, he literally knocked Hajrudin out with a single hardened Jet Punch. He didn't escape because he didn't want to hurt his new friend. Same reason why Nami can stop him and etc.
    From what weve seen, his primary method of operation involves using the stickiness and fluid-like property of the mochi mochi to evade, tank and subdue opponents. Cracker dealt with hawk gatling and elephant gun head on using his raw physical strength and defences. Katakuri on the other hand just let his apparent intangibility do all the work for him, so theres a big difference between how they deal with attacks.

Luffy has been willing to harm people he cares deeply about on occasion (usopp, bellamy) if theyre impeding him from doing something hes serious about, and he wouldn't have needed to hurt hajrudin in order to get free if he had been strong enough to, so i don't have any problem with katakuri getting stopped dead in his tracks the way he did

Not everyone dies because they want to die.

Most of them die against their will

More trash writing.
    No.​

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    While the chapter was thoroughly entertaining, the way this katakuri luffy showdown is handled by oda is going to fundamentally shape both our interpretation of the powerlevels and the general pace at which the story proceeds from this point onwards assuming we get to see a proper, no holds barred fight between the two of them.

Logistically, it should be easy money for katakuri whether g4 is out or not, but if god forbid, oda does a repeat of the doflamingo fight where luffy undergoes a powerup which enables him to surprise everyone and perform better than he was expected to or simply isn't defeated as easily as he should be, then the tier list may need to be reconfigured.

Additionally, a better than expected performance from luffy will mean that oda intends for the M3 to be capable of hanging with the best of the best in the world after the yonkou/admirals/mihawk at an earlier point in the story then some of us had been expecting, and this is going to heavily dictate the flow of future arcs. Im really hoping luffy gets his ass kicked and/or the fight ends without katakuri looking any less flash then he has up to now. Fingers crossed
    ReX on suicide watch once again.

You should have learned your lesson after Dressrosa, but I forgive you.

Now you know not to underestimate Luffy and his generation. Never doubt me again. I'm the One Piece expert on this site.

And no more downplaying Doffy either. He's clearly a mid-diff fight for Katakuri.

It's honestly amazing how people like PoPs and Dayum even have material anymore.

PoPs was saying the other day that Katakuri could solo the Eleven Supernovas.

I never said that.

Anyway, I'm right 90% of the time when it comes to OP. You guys don't know how Oda operates.
    No.​

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    More trash writing.
    This is what we've been telling you for years.

There are 350 chapters left if we're lucky, yet @Dayum; has been saying for two weeks that Perospero can beat Luffy and Zoro.

ReX on suicide watch once again.

You should have learned your lesson after Dressrosa, but I forgive you.

Now you know not to underestimate Luffy and his generation. Never doubt me again. I'm the One Piece expert on this site.

And no more downplaying Doffy either. He's clearly a mid-diff fight for Katakuri.
    So katakuri is on fujitoras level according to you then right?

Shut the fuck up clown

There are 350 chapters left if we're lucky, yet @Dayum; has been saying for two weeks that Perospero can beat Luffy and Zoro.

They are gonna milk OP for as long as possible. Probably more than 350 chapters.

350 chapters is still 7 years.
    No.​

Don't mind them.They want OP to end in 30 years

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    More trash writing.
    Because Luffy might beat Katakuri? Don't see what else there is to this chapter that can be considered trash writing.

Retired
    So katakuri is on fujitoras level according to you then right?
    Yes.

Marco, Beckman, Katakuri and King = Kizaru, Fujitora and Ryokugyu

Shut the fuck up clown
    I've never seen you make an accurate prediction in this series. It's hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellinger View Post
    Don't mind them.They want OP to end in 30 years
    They're still gonna find excuses to wank Vista and downplay Doffy, though.

What are peoples thoughts on how badly Perospero was injured from the explosion? Does he seem any less powerful then he did previously and is he in better or worse condition then you were expecting?

What are peoples thoughts on how badly Perospero was injured from the explosion? Does he seem any less powerful then he did previously and is he in better or worse condition then you were expecting?
    I still put him at the same level as i did before. Did not expect him to be defeated but very injured.

So Gear 5 incoming. Entirely compressed hardened body that moves blazing fast and all moves flame like Red Hawk and guess who is weak to fire and extra weak to water. 3 top members of a Yonkou crew that is who -_-.

Why is my name coming up? I always said Kata sucked. Where was his CoO to predict he was going to get grabbed then trapped? Guy should at least have Priest like CoO but it's selective plot device trash. Why does he do nothing with his spear and where does it keep disappearing? Think it's stupid he can't break free from a grip. He bluntly says he can't do anything, why? Hardened hand prevents him from turning into Mochi and he cannot physically bust out :-/? At least tell us your logic Oda. Watch as he has no Awakening too(though I'd be fine if Oda pretends it doesn't exist more so than he does CoO).

Again, where did Pedro buy this super dynamite that seemed to stun BM more than her own lightning blast? They needed that shit at Marineford against Oars. His connections/supplier are better than the WG and Doffy's. Must be explosives Roger got from Raftel.
    Last edited by Dayum; 09-13-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Yes.

Marco, Beckman, Katakuri and King = Kizaru, Fujitora and Ryokugyu

I've never seen you make an accurate prediction in this series. It's hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

They're still gonna find excuses to wank Vista and downplay Doffy, though.
    LOL. See you later then retard. And by the way, I have been correct about certain things in the past, not that being right matters as much as having good reason to believe in something anyway, dickhead
    Last edited by ReXDrake; 09-13-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Retired
    LOL. See you later then retard. And by the way, I have been correct about certain things in the past, not that being right matters as having good reason to believe in something anyway, dickhead
    Zoro extreme-diffs Momonga, right?

Get out of here, you fucking buffoon.

Even Big Mom was knocked to the ground and took a while to get back up when a giant lightning blast and Kong gun barely got her attention. The level of those explosives is pretty stupid. Not sure how being injured by them is a knock on Perospero.

Zoro extreme-diffs Momonga, right?

Get out of here, you fucking buffoon.
    Hey, dumbfuck, I said that well before we knew about g4, how strong the m3 were relative to doflamingo hancock, or that the va would be getting the shaft. And EVERYONE on here has said things that didn't come to pass in the end, citing one off instances doesn't prove a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Because Luffy might beat Katakuri? Don't see what else there is to this chapter that can be considered trash writing.
    Various things

1. The fact that the Strawhats were ever in this position. It's like Oda wants to make the Big Mom Pirates look as bad as possible. The missiles should have hit Big Mom, the poison spread and the expected event should have been that the protagonists have to run away cause the Big Moms ere that strong even while weakened.

2. The implication that Pedro will live.

3. Luffy ran from Kizaru as Shabondy and then later was shown how stupid it is to engage someone much stronger than you for no reason when Ace died. Why does Oda insist on him doing the exact opposite at every turn? It's not cool or entertaining, it's just dumb. There's no character progression.

4. If the cake wasn't necessary to escape, why keep Sanji here like this? Why not just have him with the crew and escape? How are Luffy and co supposed to get out of this mess? Suspension of disbelief only goes so far.

5. Luffy couldn't even bypass Katakuri's fruit defense this chapter. If Oda actually has Luffy giving him trouble that's just further proof of bad writing.
    No.​

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    So Gear 5 incoming. Entirely compressed hardened body that moves blazing fast and all moves flame like Red Hawk and guess who is weak to fire and extra weak to water. 3 top members of a Yonkou crew that is who -_-.

Why is my name coming up? I always said Kata sucked. Where was his CoO to predict he was going to get grabbed then trapped? Guy should at least have Priest like CoO but it's selective plot device trash. Why does he do nothing with his spear and where does it keep disappearing? Think it's stupid he can't break free from a grip. He bluntly says he can't do anything, why? Hardened hand prevents him from turning into Mochi and he cannot physically bust out :-/? At least tell us your logic Oda? Watch as he has no Awakening too(though I'd be fine if Oda pretends it doesn't exist more so than he does CoO).

Again, where did Pedro buy this super dynamite that seemed to stun BM more than her own lightning blast? They needed that at Marineford against Oars. His connections are better than the WG and Doffy's. Must be explosives Roger got from Raftel.
    Gear Five will be saved for Wano.

Luffy will at best use a new mode of Gear Four against Katakuri.