5 13.89%
  • 4/5

14 38.89%
  • 5/5

8 22.22%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well as it stands now it would be absolutely terrible if she got one-shotted because off the cake imo but if we got a proper fight with her before that it might be okay to have the cake just finish her but we should atleast get one major fight with her to justify her going down that way.

It's similar to Capone's weapons, them killing BM is not a scenario i would hate if it's after Big Mom has gotten a big fight but if she died at the wedding because of them that would had been awful because that would be before the point we really see her go all out.
    That would be hard to pull of at the moment though. Who is left to fight mama? Sanji and Luffy? Luffy already has his hands full with Katakuri. Even if the Strawhats were still there, Big Mom would steamroll each and every one of them. There is no one who even stands a chance of going against her, seeing how G4 Luffy was low diffed right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    That would be hard to pull of at the moment though. Who is left to fight mama? Sanji and Luffy? Luffy already has his hands full with Katakuri. Even if the Strawhats were still there, Big Mom would steamroll each and every one of them. There is no one who even stands a chance of going against her, seeing how G4 Luffy was low diffed right away.
    Yes Big Mom is obviously not going down which is why i think (and hope) she won't get defeated because off the cake. We should have a major fight with her first which can't happen now. That will happen later. (Hopefully the ally theory will never come true)

Yes Big Mom is obviously not going down which is why i think (and hope) she won't get defeated because off the cake. We should have a major fight with her first which can't happen now. That will happen later. (Hopefully the ally theory will never come true)
    I would legit have no hopes of Wano turning out as an amazing arc if Big Mom joins Luffy. Heck, she and her crew can push and contend with the Beast Pirates on their own and adding Luffy's alliance would be overkill.

That said, who do you think will clash(using the term fight would be incorrect IMO) with Big Mom right now?

I would legit have no hopes of Wano turning out as an amazing arc if Big Mom joins Luffy. Heck, she and her crew can push and contend with the Beast Pirates on their own and adding Luffy's alliance would be overkill.

That said, who do you think will clash(using the term fight would be incorrect IMO) with Big Mom right now?
    Yeah that would ruin the tension off the final fight pretty much completely. Big Mom alone should be strong enough to push Kaido to extreme diff or close to that. I have no idea but maybe the other crew members that was on the boat will try to protect Perospero from Big Mom before Sanji arrives with the cake.

Yeah that would ruin the tension off the final fight pretty much completely. Big Mom alone should be strong enough to push Kaido to extreme diff or close to that. I have no idea but maybe the other crew members that was on the boat will try to protect Perospero from Big Mom before Sanji arrives with the cake.
    I would like to get a glimpse of Big Mom's monstrous abilities, not that we haven't but to hype us up even more, before we get her final arc against the Strawhats after Wano. I guess Oda can even twist it somehow and have Luffy and Katakuri together with Sanji deal with her, but I don't know if that would look good.

I would like to get a glimpse of Big Mom's monstrous abilities, not that we haven't but to hype us up even more, before we get her final arc against the Strawhats after Wano. I guess Oda can even twist it somehow and have Luffy and Katakuri together with Sanji deal with her, but I don't know if that would look good.
    Her ability to drain an enemy like Pain from Naruto seemed pretty hax to me:

Quote Originally Posted by Saki View Post
    Her ability to drain an enemy like Pain from Naruto seemed pretty hax to me:

Her DF is one of the coolest and most versatile ones in the manga. Draining was only a part of an already huge arsenal. I hope next time Luffy fights her, she will show the full potential of her powers.

I hope there is no next time with Big Mom. We've already explored every aspect of her character, her island, her crew, seen her flashback, and so forth. I don't think she has much left to offer to be an arc villain again, I'd prefer if she goes down to someone else down the line to hype them up like Kid way down the line or the Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    I hope there is no next time with Big Mom. We've already explored every aspect of her character, her island, her crew, seen her flashback, and so forth. I don't think she has much left to offer to be an arc villain again, I'd prefer if she goes down to someone else down the line to hype them up like Kid way down the line or the Marines.
    We have seen everything aside from one thing: Her going all out and showing all her stuff/a major climax battle with her. Which is why i think Whole Cake is basically the set up for the final battle which will probably be Elbaf's climax. Not sure if i like her going down to someone else, higher chance it is that it's off-paneled and i can imagine that once Luffy gets strong enough a fight between Luffy and Big Mom can be really fun.

She'll likely be around come Elbaf tho. Every aspect of her? We just know who she is and how she got started but little about what she has done as a Yonkou.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    She'll likely be around come Elbaf tho. Every aspect of her? We just know who she is and how she got started but little about what she has done as a Yonkou.
    Yeah, but that could be said about most arc villains. We know about Enel's story but not his rise to power that led him to believing he was a God casting his dominion over the people of the sky islands, we know Lucci's upbringing and how he got the scars but not his full career rising through the ranks of CP9 and becoming a figure noteworthy enough that has the respect of even the Vice Admirals. Big Mom is a demented freak of nature pretty much blessed with insane strength and durability from birth, her power was then seen and exploited by the criminal Streussen who set her on the path to forming the empire we see today, so its not like there's much mystery in how she managed to rise to the ranks of Yonko.

Yeah, we technically don't know every little aspect of her character, but we know enough to largely fill in the blanks. If all she has left to provide are some little tidbits of info on what exactly she did as Yonkou then I don't think that's enough to provide us another full on arc with her as lead antagonist, she's pretty much been fully explored. We've seen all of her top fighters, their abilities, and characteristics. We've seen some of her lesser crew and their abilities, and how they and Whole Cake Island came to be. We know her motivation and what inspired it. Her crew has already been collapsing with members turning against her, a Sweet Commander already defeated, her empire topple by an explosive, her poneglyphs have already been stolen and will be deciphered by Robin, and her most prized possession has been destroyed. We've seen her history with Elbaf, why she wants to acquire their power for herself, and why there are hostilities between them. We've seen her powers and abilities along with some of their limitations and weaknesses. What else does Big Mom have to provide us for a second go around as main arc antagonist? It would just feel like a repeat arc of a villain that fans were underwhelmed and disappointed with the first time around, I don't mind Oda brings her back like previous antagonists, so long as its not in the exact same role meant to carry an arc as the big villain. That's why I hope if she does return as a big threat that she gets dropped by someone else and they take over as primary threat.

Could be used to establish just how dangerous Sakazuki and the new marines by showing us that the unstoppable monster nobody could harm back on Whole Cake was just brought down by the Marines, raising the tension for when the Strawhats have to go up against them. Alternatively if we're already at the endgame stage where Luffy is strong enough to defeat Yonko, then she could instead be a massive notch on Kid's belt, since he's looking like the main threat and rival amongst the Supernova and people speculate he'll essentially be Luffy's "Shiki" so to say.

Yeah, but that could be said about most arc villains. We know about Enel's story but not his rise to power that led him to believing he was a God casting his dominion over the people of the sky islands, we know Lucci's upbringing and how he got the scars but not his full career rising through the ranks of CP9 and becoming a figure noteworthy enough that has the respect of even the Vice Admirals. Big Mom is a demented freak of nature pretty much blessed with insane strength and durability from birth, her power was then seen and exploited by the criminal Streussen who set her on the path to forming the empire we see today, so its not like there's much mystery in how she managed to rise to the ranks of Yonko.
    Since when has the backstory of any villain been the central takeaway from an arc? It's always been the conflict the villain started or was a central figure within and what the SH go through to stop them. BM is not the center of a major conflict she started as they basically picked a fight with her over Sanji. She cannot be taken down before we even know what she has planned. This arc is just a meandering mess with no central focus(should have been the Vinnesmokes, internal BM family dynamics, a contrasting Capone family dynamics) and the SH are not preventing anything besides the acquisition of the Vinnesmokes clones. Elbaf should be where we see BM actually show agency and go through with some plan to take every race under her wing.

Yeah, we technically don't know every little aspect of her character, but we know enough to largely fill in the blanks. If all she has left to provide are some little tidbits of info on what exactly she did as Yonkou then I don't think that's enough to provide us another full on arc with her as lead antagonist, she's pretty much been fully explored. We've seen all of her top fighters, their abilities, and characteristics. We've seen some of her lesser crew and their abilities, and how they and Whole Cake Island came to be. We know her motivation and what inspired it. Her crew has already been collapsing with members turning against her, a Sweet Commander already defeated, her empire topple by an explosive, her poneglyphs have already been stolen and will be deciphered by Robin, and her most prized possession has been destroyed. We've seen her history with Elbaf, why she wants to acquire their power for herself, and why there are hostilities between them. We've seen her powers and abilities along with some of their limitations and weaknesses. What else does Big Mom have to provide us for a second go around as main arc antagonist? It would just feel like a repeat arc of a villain that fans were underwhelmed and disappointed with the first time around, I don't mind Oda brings her back like previous antagonists, so long as its not in the exact same role meant to carry an arc as the big villain. That's why I hope if she does return as a big threat that she gets dropped by someone else and they take over as primary threat.
    No we haven't. Compote and Smoothie have been sidelined the entire arc and it's not like Katakuri will be defeated outright. We just had Streusen hyped as another top fighter as well. Don't see the point in hyping him if he is not going to be a threat much later when he recovers. Cracker can always come back as well.

Her full power in calm state and what her means of achieving her goal? The arc villain this time around has really been Katakuri. She's more like Noah, the Buster Call, Maxim, Pell's bomb, Poison Gas, and the BD. An obstacle everyone is trying to survive and deal with.

Could be used to establish just how dangerous Sakazuki and the new marines by showing us that the unstoppable monster nobody could harm back on Whole Cake was just brought down by the Marines, raising the tension for when the Strawhats have to go up against them. Alternatively if we're already at the endgame stage where Luffy is strong enough to defeat Yonko, then she could instead be a massive notch on Kid's belt, since he's looking like the main threat and rival amongst the Supernova and people speculate he'll essentially be Luffy's "Shiki" so to say.
    This would be an absolutely terrible development. That is a horrible cliche in any work of fiction Oda used to stay away from but started with the seats or arguably Hyozo. How do you actually think Elbaf is going to go down? She appears only to succumb to someone else like Moriah post marine-ford? She's very likely stronger than the strongest Giant so I doubt Loki will take her down. Can see her being a side-villain like Vanderdecken and Kuma with Loki being the central villain of Elbaf but not the biggest threat.

I personally doubt Kaidou is going down Wano and it will actually be the Shogun acting as the central threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    Since when has the backstory of any villain been the central takeaway from an arc? It's always been the conflict the villain started or was a central figure within and what the SH go through to stop them. BM is not the center of a major conflict she started as they basically picked a fight with her over Sanji. She cannot be taken down before we even know what she has planned. This arc is just a meandering mess with no central focus(should have been the Vinnesmokes, internal BM family dynamics, a contrasting Capone family dynamics) and the SH are not preventing anything besides the acquisition of the Vinnesmokes clones. Elbaf should be where we see BM actually show agency and go through with some plan to take every race under her wing.
    The backstory has never been the central takeaway. I think the takeaway is largely seeing how well the villain and their crew get developed and explored, the themes and dynamics of their crew, how they get built up as a threats; learning who they are, what they can do, and why they do it. I feel for the most part we've gotten all of that out of the way with Big Mom, so I don't see any appeal or intrigue in a second go around with her having the same role.

Her plans were for Puddin to unlock her ability to decipher the poneglyph, capture Caesar for giantification process so she can see eye to eye with her children and subordinates, tried making an alliance with Elbaf so she could the power of the world's strongest nation to topple the other Yonko, and tried killing the Vinsmokes to acquire their resources for herself. Her plan has been making power plays to get ahead of the other Yonko similar to Crocodile trying to find an ancient weapon or Moria building a zombie army, and she did instigate this conflict when she sent Pekoms and Bege to target the Strawhats and bring Sanji to her with the plan to kill him at the end of it.

No we haven't. Compote and Smoothie have been sidelined the entire arc and it's not like Katakuri will be defeated outright. We just had Streusen hyped as another top fighter as well. Don't see the point in hyping him if he is not going to be a threat much later when he recovers. Cracker can always come back as well.

Her full power in calm state and what her means of achieving her goal? The arc villain this time around has really been Katakuri. She's more like Noah, the Buster Call, Maxim, Pell's bomb, Poison Gas, and the BD. An obstacle everyone is trying to survive and deal with.
    It's true we haven't seen all of them go all out, but we've seen all of their designs and what they're powers are and everything and the arc still isn't over yet so they're going to be showing even more. If the Strawhats were just sailing away at this point and this was the end of the arc then that would be one thing, but we've still got more to go. The Strawhats will still need to go back for Luffy who will likely be captured by Katakuri, Bege is going to return to the story because he's not going to leave Chiffon behind and Smoothie and Daifuku should be going after him, Sanji is going to be making a cake with Puddin to give to Big Mom.

If Big Mom responds to this Cake the same way she did in the flashback then that's when the true chaos is going to hit and everyone will be forced on the defensive in order to survive her eating rampage and those who have been on the sidelines so far are likely going to be forced to reveal their cards in order to slow her down, I'm also expecting more casualties to add up. I'm honestly not sure the Big Mom pirates will be able to bounce back from the damage done to them this arc once this is all over. They're going to be a mess and I much rather move on to another thing than to see them revisited after all is said and done.

This would be an absolutely terrible development. That is a horrible cliche in any work of fiction Oda used to stay away from but started with the seats or arguably Hyozo. How do you actually think Elbaf is going to go down? She appears only to succumb to someone else like Moriah post marine-ford? She's very likely stronger than the strongest Giant so I doubt Loki will take her down. Can see her being a side-villain like Vanderdecken and Kuma with Loki being the central villain of Elbaf but not the biggest threat.

I personally doubt Kaidou is going down Wano and it will actually be the Shogun acting as the central threat.
    Depends on how the rest of this arc plays out, I don't think she's going to let the Strawhats walk because she enjoyed the Cake, I think something will put her on another rampage. Either she likes the cake so much that she starts eating everyone and everything like her flashback or Pudding with her memory fruit ends up exposing what happened the day Mother Caramel disappeared, possibly both. Either way I see her crew not being in a good position by the end of things.

As for Elbaf, if they wanted to go the route with her being a side-threat while Loki is the central villain then I could live with that. I don't mind her showing up again, but I think we're past the stage where I'd have any interest in her being the primary arc focus for another round.

Fight Pacing

Yes, I've come to the point where I don't get excited for just one chapter because it's just not enough to get much good and meaningful scenes of the fight.
    If you want to learn how to stimulate massive amounts of your life force (Haki, Chakra, Nen, Chi, Ki, Qi or Power) and direct it towards a good goal in your everyday life, contact me at goldjadeclover@gmail.com***I have very valuable and unique information to share***

Quote Originally Posted by Ajla View Post
    Yes, I've come to the point where I don't get excited for just one chapter because it's just not enough to get much good and meaningful scenes of the fight.
    Well, if only Oda wouldn't add these pointless scenes with Sanji and Pudding, then it would have been much better chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörmungandr View Post
    Well, if only Oda wouldn't add these pointless scenes with Sanji and Pudding, then it would have been much better chapter.
    What do you think is the purpose of adding low energy scenes like that when a highly anticipated fight is going on?
    If you want to learn how to stimulate massive amounts of your life force (Haki, Chakra, Nen, Chi, Ki, Qi or Power) and direct it towards a good goal in your everyday life, contact me at goldjadeclover@gmail.com***I have very valuable and unique information to share***

I hope that they don't waste a whole chapter on baking the cake...