1 4.17%
  • 3/5

4 16.67%
  • 4/5

5 20.83%
  • 5/5

9 37.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Meh chapter. I don't really buy it. Hopefully now that the lef flank is kinda fucked we're gonna have a bit of danger.

Plus it was very easy to make it more believable, like having them disguised as Qin soldiers. Same panel as in the manga but give Riboku a helmet and a normal Qin soldier outfit only to reveal his face after the killing stroke.

This would have been very good in fact.
    Last edited by Whysoserious; 09-08-2017 at 05:22 PM.

In a battle such as this where everyone knows who Ousen and Riboku is, you are not sneaking within 5 meters of the enemy general without someone noticing...I mean come on....This is atrocious...But I guess the writer had to ruin the beautiful Qin streak. Everything was going to good for Qin...

To think of all the different ways this could have been portrayed, this is just disgusting writing...0/5 chapter.

terrible chapter, shock value for the sake of shock value it seems
    Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shin is the epitome of foolishness in all of China. Abandoning the element of surprise because he's so confident he'll succeed. Riboku should take note of this and loudly announce himself next time he ambushes his enemy.

If Kisui's head doesn't roll here then Shin will be the laughing stock in Qin and he can forget about becoming general.

And Hara better explain Riboku teleportation next chapter

Inb4 Next Chapter

so much of this

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

I liked the chapter a lot and don't really get the complaints. I mean we don't even know Riboku's tactic at thais point?

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the chapter a lot and don't really get the complaints. I mean we don't even know Riboku's tactic at thais point?

Breaking my silence and logging in after 6 months to say this was a Bleach-certified chapter. What the fuck was that flag and Riboku BS.

they are just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point,i mean just a few weeks ago they were complaining about Riboku not doing anything and he goes and do something significant personally and they still complain and call asspulls all around, i mean we have all seen the map for Shukai Plains and from that we can all come to the conclusion that the terrain there can be used for sneak attacks and ambushes Makou lost because of his shortcomings nothing else.

And also guys i know that only Akou and Makou were named Ousen's vassals but that did not imply that they are the only capable commanders under Ousen, i mean i rather fancy the idea that Ousen has one or two other commanders under him who are capable not that m trying to overshadow Makou's relevance here or what.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 09-08-2017 at 09:55 PM.

Makou and Mouten's soldiers teleport to Kisui's lines and ambush his army "Wow Ousen's tactics are awesome, Qin so good, great chapter"

Riboku teleports to Makou "BS plot device, shit chapter"

The double standards are real

The complaints are silly. We have seen Kanki do more ridiculous stuff, we don't know all the facts yet. No reason Reebok can't also pull it off.

I dunno why people are bringing up Kanki when he had extensive forest cover among other things to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I dunno why people are bringing up Kanki when he had extensive forest cover among other things to work with.
    Mouten pretty much does the same thing to Kisui like what Riboku did to Makou. the difference is, there's nothing that make Kisui focus their attention to other place, where Makou has the battlefield (especially HSU's new arrival) taking up his attention in front, and Kisui HQ is in the center while Makou is in the back

No one complain when Mouten use the terrain to ambush Batei where his unit is pretty much hidden aside from the presentation where they only realize the incoming troops when they're hitting their face already. It's pretty much the same with what happen to Makou

This is not really the first time it happens. Hara has trouble to create a good presentation of ambush. Renpa suddenly appearing on Zhao HQ when he's running away from Zhao is an example of old ones.
    Last edited by gn_x00; 09-09-2017 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    Mouten pretty much does the same thing to Kisui like what Riboku did to Makou. the difference is, there's nothing that make Kisui focus their attention to other place, where Makou has the battlefield (especially HSU's new arrival) taking up his attention in front, and Kisui HQ is in the center while Makou is in the back

No one complain when Mouten use the terrain to ambush Batei where his unit is pretty much hidden aside from the presentation where they only realize the incoming troops when they're hitting their face already. It's pretty much the same with what happen to Makou

This is not really the first time it happens. Hara has trouble to create a good presentation of ambush. Renpa suddenly appearing on Zhao HQ when he's running away from Zhao is an example of old ones.
    Mouten used his initial position troops to bait and hid his ambush in the forest, Kisui's forces were vigilant and noticed when they came out to attack. Kisui responded to that in kind but didn't notice Makou's attack, which we gave him shit for (though Makou's attack was stupid as well, as he had huge numbers and yet weren't seen from a ways off, no cover like Mouten as well). And what we are giving Makou shit for is that he didn't notice Riboku was on him, you could chalk it up to him being distracted by what was in front of him and that's justifiable, but no general should be that careless where Riboku who's not even a martial general waltz him and stab him. Not to mention we don't have numbers for the detachment which could make or break.

Hara has massive trouble creating a good timeline of short term events, like when Kisui teleported to save Keisha. I chalk Renpa's appearance up to something like Duke Hyou's flags method in the Ryuudou. Gakujo's men noted his flags fell and proceeded to jump the gun to celebrate. Riboku doesn't have the benefit of a good setup to justify his teleportation since it was a chapter ender for pure shock value but I'll be damned if I'm not allowed to criticize chapter by chapter and I still don't see why people are bringing Kanki up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirao View Post
    Makou and Mouten's soldiers teleport to Kisui's lines and ambush his army "Wow Ousen's tactics are awesome, Qin so good, great chapter"

Riboku teleports to Makou "BS plot device, shit chapter"

The double standards are real
    To be fair, I remember myself and a few others complaining about the sheer ridiculousness of that too. It seems that Hara is determined to make either Zhao or Qin officers look stupid in other to make either Ousen or Riboku look good. Plain trash writing in short.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    I'll be damned if I'm not allowed to criticize chapter by chapter and I still don't see why people are bringing Kanki up.
    nah, i also said that hara has some bad presentation on what he want to do, but it's nothing new honestly. The same stuffs have happened quite regularly even in current arc

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    nah, i also said that hara has some bad presentation on what he want to do, but it's nothing new honestly. The same stuffs have happened quite regularly even in current arc
    Yes, but that is kinda the problem. A unit "sneaking" up on another happens all the time, so Hara gets his reaction shots.
    See ch. 465, where freaking Zenou sneaks up on Koku'ou. I "complained" back then, but it was ok in the end, no real harm done. So most of the time just hinting at it/leaving it be is ok.

Here it may flip a battlefield. And makes Makou seem really, really, careless.

EDIT: currently slowly reading RavagesOfTime, and I really liked this set up in ch.030
    (not showing everything, because there is another nice twist directly behind it)

a bit spoilerish explanation:
    Bald guy is fighting headband guy, who is way above him and already took out Baldie's partner, in a head-on life or death duel. From Baldie's back, very slowly a second monster (which will oppose headband guy) enters the field, the headband's army parting in speechless horror, because the monster brings something along.

Hell, Hara himself wrote it nicely here:

Show a guy sunken in thoughts/screaming his lungs out while someone enters on him, giving his subjective perspective more impact. At least for the most important moments.
    Last edited by say-and-sing; 09-09-2017 at 09:27 AM.

damn Ousen is too awesome, he forced RBK to unsheathe the sword

Quote Originally Posted by woikurus View Post
    damn Ousen is too awesome, he forced RBK to unsheathe the sword

Gotta admit, Shin was pretty cool when he had the flags raised to show off his strength to Kisui.

And I had to do a double take with that panel in the end lol. Riboku finally gonna prove his 91 strength.

i'd love to say something sensed at a time like this

but i just can't

I'M STILL PEEING ON WALLS

- - - Updated - - -

GOAT CHAPTER IN THE ENTIRE SERIES RIGHT HERE

- - - Updated - - -

gotta remember to infract woikurus for real this time, for trying to ruin this moment to me

This Shin hate thing is starting to become pretty annoying now.
    He did nothing wrong in this chapter.
    Anyway, I am gonna hold my judgement on how things are explained
    from Riboku's side. What he did in this chapter is nothing new to Kingdom. Hara does that all the time.
    Only shame here is that Makou died without putting any resistance. That is disgrace for General who considers himself an Offensive General.