Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Danganronpa V3

besides, if we want dr to be sotm we have to hurry

there's no threat yet right

Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think the thing v3 did best was to meshup the themes of the previous games' murders and manage to make interesting cases but still with a lot of references to the past, it's something that i really loved and very possibly the only one thing.

about the rest, i pretty much second what was said. I'd normally battle about reducing the characters to stereotypes and baits but they've been so forgettable i can't help but see it the same way. Well aside of kaito probably.

is there material or anyt kind of links about the new danganronpa title announcement?
    nope, nothing conclusive yet. there's some interviews in which kodaka has expressed his desire of a danganronpa fighting game, like the persona spin-offs:

I: Well said. If the Dangan Ronpa series were to continue from here, how would you want it to continue?

K: I’d want to try making a fighting game.

I: Where you could enjoy both story and competition?

K: I don’t think it’d need a story. I want a fighting game with all the characters from 1, 2, 3, and V3. I don’t need to be involved with it, I just want to play it.

I: Would you give it to a studio good at developing fighting games…
    regardless, he's done with DR for good

K: Seems like people will say things like “How long is he going to go on about that?” or “He’s always still got his flagship work Dangan Ronpa” haha. But for better or for worse, V3 was my limit to making DR.
    he has also recently posted a tweet in which he stated danganronpa will continue, and that he has been looking for a new lead writer overseas too. so we are still getting more main games

https://twitter.com/kazkodaka/status/919216961086615552

海外版の宣伝もひと段落して、これで役目はこなしたかな。 でも、物語に終わりはないけど。 受け取った人の中で続いていくと信じて。
    it's in moon runes, but i assure you that this is more or less the translation of it.

regardless there's nothing to worry about - danganronpa is spike chunsoft's most popular franchise at this point and basically their last remaining chance to break through into the mainstream, they're not dropping it until it dies out. DR1 and DR2 have sold more copies on steam than all other PC-ported spike titles combined, and NDRV3's sales in japan were stellar (although lackluster in the west so far). but my guesstimate would be that there will be basically radio silence for a couple of months, then spike will announce that the next DR-title is in the works. then radio silence again, and we will probably get a teaser at next year's tokyo game show or spike's yearly press conference

A fighting game, eh?

Can't wait for Danganronpa Arena

a danganronpa fighting game

producer yuichiro saito announced his leave from spike chunsoft just a couple of hours ago

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/02...pike-chunsoft/

what this exactly means for the franchise is unknown as of yet. what's also unknown so far is what exactly his role was in making DR - he was an assistant producer for DR1 and DR2, but he was a "big part of NDRV3". spike gave him a large farewell party so he was most definitely some kind of big deal in the company.

dangan rip

tell me which characters you want represented for my next dr setup

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    tell me which characters you want represented for my next dr setup
    Kokichi
    Junko
    Miu
    Kazuichi
    Gundham
    Naegi
    Izuru
    Celes
    Kirigiri
    Fukawa
    Rantaro

Quote Originally Posted by DoflaMihawk View Post
    Kokichi
    Junko
    Miu
    Kazuichi
    Gundham
    Naegi
    Izuru
    Celes
    Kirigiri
    Fukawa
    Rantaro
    fukawa is an odd-ball because i really don't like her but she has perfect shenanigans for a mafia role with her genocider switching, i have no problem with the rest. though i might not do izuru because he's kind of boring, he can only really be a JOAT because he's the ultimate ultimate so he'll probably be the only one i'll skip. junko's talent and her character was also completely ruined in DR3 with the ultimate analyst bullshit but i will just pretend that never happened, the only DR3 character i will include will probably be juzo and maybe daisuke for the memes

anyways i'll post finished roles here every now and then

good news for those who thought DR is kill

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/spike-ch...4xc2JivvcDf.99

- - - Updated - - -

basically confirmation for another another episode

cool interview with takada and kodaka about DR's music

http://www.vgmonline.net/takadakodakadanganronpa/

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    thoughts on the game/ending

or rather a lack of thoughts. i cannot remember a single game i have been so disappointed with, i genuinely felt sad when i saw the exact thing i called in chapter 3 happened. check out my posts from then, i commented on it at the time.

i have no interest in this franchise anymore. i don't even have the interest to put down everything i felt was wrong with the direction they took because i simply do not think it's worth my time. it's just all such a disappointment because i felt like the game had super strong momentum after case 4 and it was all thrown away for.. this.

after two disappointing entries (UDG and danganronpa 3) and one absolutely garbage trash entry (this game), i am no longer interested in anything made by kodaka. it truly seems like DR1 and DR2 were flukes as now the majority of the franchise is quite frankly bad. the worst thing is that not only is this game terrible, like DR3 it made the first two installments, which were absolutely excellent, retroactively worse. essentially, this game turned the quality of the franchise to ashes.

i would like to say that these are my final words on danganronpa period, but i might talk about things related to it every now and then. i truly do not intend to be elitist or overly negative about games, but i quite frankly could have not expected anything worse than this.

Just finished 3

same
    Last edited by Ultra; 07-08-2018 at 05:24 AM.