Lord Varys endgame in the shows

So what's Varys endgame in the show? In the books he still could be a blackfire or something, but I feel like the show won't go that way since they didn't even introduce Aegon.
    Or maybe he'll join with the free companies ordered by Cersei?

It feels allmost like he's really that boring dude who wants to help the poor and innocent. He get's kinda useless for the plot. It would be pretty disappointing if he didn't have some kind of masterplan as a player in the game of thrones, except making daenerys queen in order to be a good queen.
    I mean he wanted to bring Viserys at the start and Viserys wouln't have been a good king.

What do you think? Will there be some kind of twist with Varys?

If feels like it's to late now that most intrigues and plots became secondary in face of the White Walker danger.
    Last edited by Mr.Mort; 08-29-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Get a new dick

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rax, The Infinite Hero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get a new dick
    Maybe he should visit Qyburn to get some kind of zombie-dick at least

Or a dick transplant

Your friendship?
    I'll take it!

His goal all along was probbaly just to put a Targaryen on the iron throne. In the show Aegon doesn't seem to be alive so his goal all along was probably just to get Daenerys on the throne.

Kinda boring but that's probably what it is. I'm much more interesting in Varys in the books.

I like the idea of him being a Blackfyre, and this Aegon not being the Aegon we're thinking of. Either a complete imposter or a Blackfyre or something.
    No.​

Quote Originally Posted by Pimp of Pimps View Post
    His goal all along was probbaly just to put a Targaryen on the iron throne. In the show Aegon doesn't seem to be alive so his goal all along was probably just to get Daenerys on the throne.

Kinda boring but that's probably what it is. I'm much more interesting in Varys in the books.

I like the idea of him being a Blackfyre, and this Aegon not being the Aegon we're thinking of. Either a complete imposter or a Blackfyre or something.
    So carrying out the assassination attempt on Daenerys was just meant to fail lol

Quote Originally Posted by Punished Ultra View Post
    So carrying out the assassination attempt on Daenerys was just meant to fail lol
    They'll probably explain that way by saying he was having second thought or something. Or just leave it as a plothole.

Without Aegon in the picture Varys is just eh.
    No.​

They'll probably explain that way by saying he was having second thought or something. Or just leave it as a plothole.

Without Aegon in the picture Varys is just eh.
    I dunno he keeps a dude in a box that's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Punished Ultra View Post
    I dunno he keeps a dude in a box that's pretty cool

Mayhaps
    No.​

The Dragon of Katsurahama Nordlending's Avatar
    Watch the world burn

The real world is cold! The real world doesn't care about spirit! You want to be a hero? Then play the part and die like every other Huntsman in history! As for me, I'll do what I do best: lie, steal, cheat and survive!

It's tough to say. In the show, I think Varys is the most neutral player and honestly just wants to see peace in Westeros. His motives in the books are a bit more shady, especially after Kevan Lannister. He obviously wants Aegon on the throne, but why? I think a lot of people point to the Blackfyre rumors, but remember, Varys tells Kevan while he is dying that Aegon is still alive. It doesn't really make sense for Varys to lie to a dying man just to deceive the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlefinger View Post
    It's tough to say. In the show, I think Varys is the most neutral player and honestly just wants to see peace in Westeros. His motives in the books are a bit more shady, especially after Kevan Lannister. He obviously wants Aegon on the throne, but why? I think a lot of people point to the Blackfyre rumors, but remember, Varys tells Kevan while he is dying that Aegon is still alive. It doesn't really make sense for Varys to lie to a dying man just to deceive the audience.

Maybe Aegon isn't really Aegon, but somehow or another Varys thinks he is? Seems unlikely given his information network and all that, but it'd be interesting.
    No.​

Maybe Aegon isn't really Aegon, but somehow or another Varys thinks he is? Seems unlikely given his information network and all that, but it'd be interesting.
    Yeah, the thing with that is that I don't see why Martin would include a specific seen where Varys admits that he switched Aegon out before his death and have him lie about it solely for the audience. It seems pretty likely that Varys is the mummer and that Aegon is his paper dragon.

In the Shows, Cersei orders the Golden Company which was founded by Blackfyres. Maybe Varys' Aegon will come with them?

It doesn't fit, even in the shows. If he wanted peace why not support Rhaegar in the first place against the mad king instead of making him even more paranoid? Why betting on Viserys who obviously was a dick?
    And what's about the

As for Kevan Lannister, either what he said is true, or he was scared of some potential spies from Littlefinger, Cersei or even Illirio... who knows?
    I think Aegon isn't Aegon and Varys made it up, specially because of Varys talk about power being a shadow on the wall, an illusion.
    Imo he's either a Blackfyre or no Targ at all.

It seems pretty likely that Varys is the mummer and that Aegon is his paper dragon.
    You mean Varys is the parfumed Senechal and Aegon the mummers Dragon.

Did we hear of that prophecy in the shows? If yes, Aegon has to come with the Golden Company being the Blackfyre that Varys wants on the Throne.