Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Megishima

3 50.00%
  • Rindou

3 50.00%
    Devour the Heavens&Earth Huo Yuhao's Avatar

Megishima vs Rindou

Supposedly if both of the competitors are at 100% stamina, who do you think would win in a shokugeki neutral theme?

rindou.

Rindou wins unless its stricktly a Ramen Match.

What's the definition of neutral theme?

Both of their specialty can be used on a lot of "neutral" theme like what happened in the manga

Rindou most likely, I don't like that Megishima's specialty is ramen for neutral themes

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rindou most likely, I don't like that Megishima's specialty is ramen for neutral themes
    there's ton of possible ramen with the themed ingredients though.

Exotic ingredients might actually be harder to implement depending on how to process them (since Bear's meat apparently is hard enough already). Plus a chicken/beef/vegetables theme with exotic ingredients are actually hard to come up since the exotic materials might actually be highlighted better instead of the normal one. Meanwhile you can use them as main ingredients for ramen easily. Making an edge to Megishima under neutral theme
    Last edited by gn_x00; 08-27-2017 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    there's ton of possible ramen with the themed ingredients though.

Exotic ingredients might actually be harder to implement depending on how to process them (since Bear's meat apparently is hard enough already). Plus a chicken/beef/vegetables theme with exotic ingredients are actually hard to come up since the exotic materials might actually be highlighted better instead of the normal one. Meanwhile you can use them as main ingredients for ramen easily. Making an edge to Megishima under neutral theme
    Rindou didn't get to second seat by struggling to implement exotic ingredients. And it seems like the theme of SnS lately is that new tastes > tradition. Pretty sure if Megishima had an advantage in neutral theme he would've been 2nd seat long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    Rindou didn't get to second seat by struggling to implement exotic ingredients. And it seems like the theme of SnS lately is that new tastes > tradition. Pretty sure if Megishima had an advantage in neutral theme he would've been 2nd seat long ago.
    1. the dude doesn't even care about competition and still reach 3rd seat
    2. normal shokugeki usually use a theme which is agreed by both parties. It doesn't even make any sense for someone to gimp themselves when fighting for the seat vs someone who's pretty much on par with yourself.

Dunno what you mean by "Rindou didn't get to second seat by struggling to implement exotic ingredients". But under neutral theme, which also includes normal ingredients like fishes, beefs, chickens, porks, eggs, your everyday vegetables, then using them on ramen might be much easier to do compared to using them with exotic ingredients.

There's still the theme like what happen with Alice and bento. Which probably apply that you can't let the theme become the side dish. Plus Megishima is also skillful enough to create new ramen tastes like what happen in the 2nd round just now

Think Rindou stiil takes this extreme diff. She simply has more experience in
    matches than megishima.

Out of 100 Rindo probably wins 60 times. I think they are neck and neck. A lot of people assumed she was the lowkey number 1 but I think she is far closer to Megishima than she is to Tsukasa.

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    1. the dude doesn't even care about competition and still reach 3rd seat
    2. normal shokugeki usually use a theme which is agreed by both parties. It doesn't even make any sense for someone to gimp themselves when fighting for the seat vs someone who's pretty much on par with yourself.

Dunno what you mean by "Rindou didn't get to second seat by struggling to implement exotic ingredients". But under neutral theme, which also includes normal ingredients like fishes, beefs, chickens, porks, eggs, your everyday vegetables, then using them on ramen might be much easier to do compared to using them with exotic ingredients.

There's still the theme like what happen with Alice and bento. Which probably apply that you can't let the theme become the side dish. Plus Megishima is also skillful enough to create new ramen tastes like what happen in the 2nd round just now
    so? if he has top tier ramen and an edge over Rindou in neutral theme, that means Rindou only has an advantage if the theme is skewed towards exotic ingredients. Even if he wasn't out for blood, that should still mean he should be 2nd seat unless Rindou took out the guy in front of him in their 1st/2nd year

you're the one saying exotic ingredients would be harder to implement, if that was such a problem for Rindou, how the hell did she make 2nd seat on that then? it doesn't make sense and you miss my point, I'm not talking about Megishima using exotic ingredients for a neutral theme. Only that his specialty being ramen limits his dish choice. Sure, there's countless things he could do with ramen but it's still a ramen dish. Meanwhile, Rindou's specialty gives her more freedom to work with imo, because she's not limited to changing up a single type of dish.

Alice failed to make the most of the theme, I personally think it was fine but Souma did better with the theme. There should be no such problem here, I'd worry about Megishima more since his ramen might limit what he could do with the theme (like if they got green tea instead). And he lost to Rindou already when the theme wasn't skewed to any of them even when he created a new ramen.

Rindou still wins
    Ending of berserk revealed