0 0%
  • 4/5

2 50.00%
  • 5/5

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Shouko is not a scrub anymore and is being used to explain Megishima's loss?
    we get 0 reason for the loss so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyways, not a good chapter, felt pretty half assed to me. sure they went for the "smart" move and put all their eggs in one basket to try to tire Eishi/Rindou out but there was no guarantee and you're down your best individual player and also your best team player
    It's pretty much a plot armor. Especially the one which is the most needed (vs Eishi) doesn't make sense even a bit.

can't say it's a bad reason since I don't claim to know everything about the sushi world but I'd say it made the most sense though I felt like more elaboration would've been better.
    not sure why this response on my quote since i also agree that it's kind of enough reason for Mimasaka's lost. But eh, yea.. more elaboration would be good, but it's kinda "enough" since it makes sense that you can't really trace something that is hard to see (details of the work), especially when you're not really specialized at making sushi.

maybe because Eishi was out of his own element of French cuisine and over compensated?
    Even if he did, there's basicly 0 reason for Eishi to say that Kuga being better than his expectation is what makes him worn off. Would have been better to say that the theme is hard thus making him waste more stamina than he expected at first.

But if he said that, then Kuga literally do nothing to Eishi, which pretty much what happen because Eishi didn't change his receipe/improve his work after he sees Kuga's improvement as far as i remember

even Eizan?
    Was thinking more of the last 3 that competed, Eizan is alright

Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    Remember how Jouichirou fought off 50-100 of students continously? Lel.

exactly what i thought when i read the chapter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    Isn't it Momo/Eizan/Saitou vs Aldini/Souma/Megumi?

Not sure the matchup, but it's a possible Souma/Eizan rematch?

Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    we get 0 reason for the loss so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's pretty much a plot armor. Especially the one which is the most needed (vs Eishi) doesn't make sense even a bit.

not sure why this response on my quote since i also agree that it's kind of enough reason for Mimasaka's lost. But eh, yea.. more elaboration would be good, but it's kinda "enough" since it makes sense that you can't really trace something that is hard to see (details of the work), especially when you're not really specialized at making sushi.

Even if he did, there's basicly 0 reason for Eishi to say that Kuga being better than his expectation is what makes him worn off. Would have been better to say that the theme is hard thus making him waste more stamina than he expected at first.

But if he said that, then Kuga literally do nothing to Eishi, which pretty much what happen because Eishi didn't change his receipe/improve his work after he sees Kuga's improvement as far as i remember
    misread your post lol

well, people were whining about how Eishi should mind his own business instead of probing into Kuga

I dunno about that, Anne thought Kuga had it in the bag at first until she tasted Eishi's, that makes me think it's not a complete stomp. As for Eishi not improv-ing, I see that as rather positive because that means he has confidence in his own skills/recipe which is completely fine and it's not like they're making similar dishes to warrant such a thing like Takumi did with Mimasaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    oh, I agree then

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

So Shouko is not a scrub anymore and is being used to explain Megishima's loss?
    It's a bit relative, she's still not much compared to Megishima, but an Elite 10 is still an Elite 10 and she was in their upper half of their rankings, so she wasn't some random scrub student that wanders the halls of Shokugeki. Not someone you could just easily roll over halfheartedly, you'd still need to put a great deal of effort into the dish to crush the 5th seat like Megishima did.

Let's say Rindou was brought down to 6% stamina, Eishi at 20%, and Saito at 25% and all a recovery period for how difficult their fight was. Megishima probably got brought down to about 85% to 90% in comparison, which might not be hugely noticeable, but at this level of play against two fighters of a similar level that could make all the difference between a win and a loss.

We're at the stage of precision where victory and defeat can be decided by things like the depth of a cut in sushi or how the temperature in the room effects the meal. If he was even forced to use a little bit of effort on Shouko, then even that minor drop could mean all the difference when facing a complete beast like Rindou. I normally wouldn't look at that as justification, but the author basically just flat out said that it's incredibly important and will likely be Central's downfall even with a resting period, so it really can't be overlooked when we hear that immediately after Megishima's match in place of an actual explanation for how she won.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    It's a bit relative, she's still not much compared to Megishima, but an Elite 10 is still an Elite 10 and she was in their upper half of their rankings, so she wasn't some random scrub student that wanders the halls of Shokugeki. Not someone you could just easily roll over halfheartedly, you'd still need to put a great deal of effort into the dish to crush the 5th seat like Megishima did.

Let's say Rindou was brought down to 6% stamina, Eishi at 20%, and Saito at 25% and all a recovery period for how difficult their fight was. Megishima probably got brought down to about 85% to 90% in comparison, which might not be hugely noticeable, but at this level of play against two fighters of a similar level that could make all the difference between a win and a loss.

We're at the stage of precision where victory and defeat can be decided by things like the depth of a cut in sushi or how the temperature in the room effects the meal. If he was even forced to use a little bit of effort on Shouko, then even that minor drop could mean all the difference when facing a complete beast like Rindou. I normally wouldn't look at that as justification, but the author basically just flat out said that it's incredibly important and will likely be Central's downfall even with a resting period, so it really can't be overlooked when we hear that immediately after Megishima's match in place of an actual explanation for how she won.
    Honestly, I think you're taking this too seriously. Logically, it makes sense though, Shouko is still a fifth seat and although she's a new one (if Megishima was still 3rd seat, she might've been even lower), it'd take some effort to put her down. But, seeing as this series "just introduced" exhaustion as bs plot just for this round, I myself wouldn't put too much thought into this. Souma took down Nene who is supposed to be closer to his ballpark than Shouko is to Megishima, and unless he's just a cut below Megishima, by all rights this demands he should've been exhausted as hell but he was totally fine and hyped for another match right after. And considering if Megishima was fatigued by the percentage you stated, then shouldn't he be carted off in a stretcher after pushing Rindou that much? Unless well, he didn't exactly give it his all unintentionally (could be from his shokugeki inexperience). This isn't even mentioning Mimasaka, who had to put in an allnighter for his flash trace and help Kuga in match while dealing with Saitou. He should be dead by now.

I just think people are putting too much weight into this thing when it's just a bs reason for central not to wrap it up next round. I do feel like it's terrible the Rindou/Megishima match results were offpaneled and not explained.

The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Megishima better get more spotlight after this. He is the best thing that has happened to this manga. I like how at least he wasn't shown to be overwhelmed, rather he just took the defeat silently.