View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/5

    2 50.00%
  • 2/5

    0 0%
  • 3/5

    0 0%
  • 4/5

    2 50.00%
  • 5/5

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1

    Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 228 Discussion Thread

    http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/228/4520/1

    We got some explanation on why Saito and Eishi won, but still not a word on how burying an alligator in chili peppers was able to beat Megishima's exotic African ramen because the author knew it would been impossible to explain why it tasted better.

    For anyone who said these weren't close matches or that it was very one-sided, this chapter states the exact opposite. Apparently bringing out the others would have been throwing them away without contributing much but these three apparently exhausted the Elite 10 so much that it will be the cause of their downfall in the later rounds.

    The 8th seat exhausted Eishi so much that it will take him more than a day to recover and Saito will lose because of how exhausted he was from facing Mimasaka. So it's worth noting that Megishima fought Rindou immediately after taking down the 5th seat and yet still pushed her to that level of exhaustion, had he been fresh during the match then perhaps things would not have turned out so well for Rindou.
    Last edited by Great Potato; 08-25-2017 at 11:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Was a better chapter than what I expected.

    I'm glad that Mimasaka, Megishima, and Kuga weren't just hype tools to show off how strong Central is but was also used to give the main characters a higher chance of winning without it being through some pretty bad reasoning.

    Shame we didn't get a flashback concerning how Rindou won though.

    On a side note Megumi really needs to stop making that exact same pose.

  3. #3
    Eh they didn't even show how Rindou won.

  4. #4
    THICC a Faggot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Planet of the weebs
    Posts
    2,092
    That was a really nice strategy by Nakiri, now it doesn't feel like they really lost the battle
    Hopfully Nakiri will cook in the next bout,we need to see the true powers of the former 10th seat




    Guide to being a successful TMF user

    Step 1 : Mention Mihawk as a weakling in ever possible battle thread

    Step 2 : Suck off the Yonko (specially Blackbeard)

    Step 3 : Congratulations





  5. #5
    chapter is honestly still bad...

    Some explanation on Perfect Trace isn't perfect is good enough reason. Honestly we don't need Kuga's reason for losing simply because he's too outclassed. However the most important and close match isn't even shown at all lmao..

    Info about Souma not taking Eishi on is kinda nice because Eishi vs Isshiki might have better chance than Souma. But they suddenly add a new shit like being tired after the match for Eishi lol... Rindou and Saitou can make sense because Rindou is taking Megishima while Saitou it taking on perfect trace mid battle, but as far as i remember, Eishi didn't change his recipe midway after he saw Kuga's improvement. There's no reason for Eishi to suddenly get more tired because Kuga is doing better than what he was expecting at the start

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by a Faggot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopfully Nakiri will cook in the next bout,we need to see the true powers of the former 10th seat
    if i understand the chapter, it's going to be Souma/Aldini/Megumi next

  6. #6
    THICC a Faggot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Planet of the weebs
    Posts
    2,092
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    chapter is honestly still bad...

    Some explanation on Perfect Trace isn't perfect is good enough reason. Honestly we don't need Kuga's reason for losing simply because he's too outclassed. However the most important and close match isn't even shown at all lmao..

    Info about Souma not taking Eishi on is kinda nice because Eishi vs Isshiki might have better chance than Souma. But they suddenly add a new shit like being tired after the match for Eishi lol... Rindou and Saitou can make sense because Rindou is taking Megishima while Saitou it taking on perfect trace mid battle, but as far as i remember, Eishi didn't change his recipe midway after he saw Kuga's improvement. There's no reason for Eishi to suddenly get more tired because Kuga is doing better than what he was expecting at the start

    - - - Updated - - -



    if i understand the chapter, it's going to be Souma/Aldini/Megumi next
    Soma going in again would be pretty boring we need to see the other rebels in action




    Guide to being a successful TMF user

    Step 1 : Mention Mihawk as a weakling in ever possible battle thread

    Step 2 : Suck off the Yonko (specially Blackbeard)

    Step 3 : Congratulations





  7. #7








    Great Potato's comeback for this chapter was neat. Too bad that even full health Megishima wouldn't have defeated Rindou.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great Potato's comeback for this chapter was neat. Too bad that even full health Megishima wouldn't have defeated Rindou.
    It's possible. We'll never know because the author didn't care to show anything from the judging.

    Eishi doesn't feel confident he could do another match after taking down chump Kuga, yet Megishima pushed Rindou to complete exhaustion right after a match with the 5th seat. With how much they played up going gauntlet style as a big deal, being a decisive card that will allow them to win against the rebels even with a day of rest, then Megishima wiping out the 5th seat must be taken into consideration.

    Beating the 8th seat took enough out of Eishi's tank that he'll need more than a day to recover while Megishima wiped out the 5th seat and took on Rindou immediately afterwards. If it took 20% out of him to crush the 5th seat, the next best thing after Saito, then Rindou only ever faced 80% Megishima and he still pushed her to complete exhaustion.

  9. #9
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    9,967
    This panel




    I feel like the author saved the losers a bit here, but that 3-0 was still too much imo. Especially against Megishima.

  10. #10
    I like that there is a way to make the elite ten at least vulnerable to some extend. If Souma and co would beat them like that it would be bs.


  11. #11
    Ink Spot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Horn of Africa
    Posts
    9,967
    That italian faggot has no right defeating any of them. Exhausted or not.

  12. #12
    J.Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's possible. We'll never know because the author didn't care to show anything from the judging.

    Eishi doesn't feel confident he could do another match after taking down chump Kuga, yet Megishima pushed Rindou to complete exhaustion right after a match with the 5th seat. With how much they played up going gauntlet style as a big deal, being a decisive card that will allow them to win against the rebels even with a day of rest, then Megishima wiping out the 5th seat must be taken into consideration.

    Beating the 8th seat took enough out of Eishi's tank that he'll need more than a day to recover while Megishima wiped out the 5th seat and took on Rindou immediately afterwards. If it took 20% out of him to crush the 5th seat, the next best thing after Saito, then Rindou only ever faced 80% Megishima and he still pushed her to complete exhaustion.
    Come on man, you know Eishi pretty much fought two elite ten opponents in one go. As in he fought Kuga with Mimasaka's help. The author was clearly trying to imply something there. Not to mention the fact that it is Obvious that this exhaustion shtick is a cheap plot device exaggerated by the author to remove the top seats from the playing field.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Caesar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on man, you know Eishi pretty much fought two elite ten opponents in one go. As in he fought Kuga with Mimasaka's help. The author was clearly trying to imply something there. Not to mention the fact that it is Obvious that this exhaustion shtick is a cheap plot device exaggerated by the author to remove the top seats from the playing field.
    It doesn't mean Megishima was operating at 100% when he faced Rindou, the chapter pretty much states going gauntlet against tough opponents is a huge disadvantage and that's exactly what he did facing the 2nd seat right after defeating the 5th. There's no way to spin it, they brought up this plot point immediately after his loss so it's not like there's any degree of separation between the two.

  14. #14
    J.Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't mean Megishima was operating at 100% when he faced Rindou, the chapter pretty much states going gauntlet against tough opponents is a huge disadvantage and that's exactly what he did facing the 2nd seat right after defeating the 5th. There's no way to spin it, they brought up this plot point immediately after his loss so it's not like there's any degree of separation between the two.
    I am not sure I see your point. whether or not Megishima was at 100 percent stamina seems to matter little. The truth is the Author's Intent was to show Rindou as slightly/marginally better than Megishima. I seriously think that Fodderizing some Unknown would have make that much of a difference against Rindou. Even if it does it probably make a match between those two a Draw. Think of it like Akainu vs Aokiji match up if that helps.

  15. #15
    Hold for applause (◡‿◡✿) Nikamara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Bar Eden Hall
    Posts
    3,758
    really really boring ._.
    I knew they were gonna lose. It sucks to be right. But it was a total cop out by not explaining why Rindou won. =3=

    Nika's Fairy Tail Reading Log - click here!
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The real world is for those who can't imagine anything better.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Caesar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not sure I see your point. whether or not Megishima was at 100 percent stamina seems to matter little. The truth is the Author's Intent was to show Rindou as slightly/marginally better than Megishima. I seriously think that Fodderizing some Unknown would have make that much of a difference against Rindou. Even if it does it probably make a match between those two a Draw. Think of it like Akainu vs Aokiji match up if that helps.
    That wasn't some random unknown, that was the 5th seat of the Elite 10. She may have been off paneled without leaving impact, but in-verse she was valued as Central's best card during the first round, the next best thing after Saito as far as the Central lineup is concerned, and Megishima faced her no more than an hour before going up against Rindou. The author could have easily made her the 8th or 9th seat but chose to put her in the upper bracket and then in the next round highlighted how difficult it is for chefs to try going gauntlet style against multiple tough opponents. Megishima wasn't fresh for the match against Rindou yet he still completely exhausted her, so I don't think it's fair to treat this as definitive evidence of Rindou being better.

    Besides, we all know that Megishima made the better dish, which is why the author deliberately avoided even attempting an explanation on how her mincemeat buried in chili peppers was able to win. Plot was on her side here, she needed Megishima to be fatigued before starting the match and then the author realized the dish Megishima made was so quality he couldn't explain how another dish could surpass it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Caesar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not sure I see your point. whether or not Megishima was at 100 percent stamina seems to matter little.
    If it really matters so little, then author really shouldn't use stamina as plot device to make a chance for the rebels to win

  18. #18
    J.Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Potato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That wasn't some random unknown, that was the 5th seat of the Elite 10. She may have been off paneled without leaving impact, but in-verse she was valued as Central's best card during the first round, the next best thing after Saito as far as the Central lineup is concerned, and Megishima faced her no more than an hour before going up against Rindou. The author could have easily made her the 8th or 9th seat but chose to put her in the upper bracket and then in the next round highlighted how difficult it is for chefs to try going gauntlet style against multiple tough opponents. Megishima wasn't fresh for the match against Rindou yet he still completely exhausted her, so I don't think it's fair to treat this as definitive evidence of Rindou being better.

    Besides, we all know that Megishima made the better dish, which is why the author deliberately avoided even attempting an explanation on how her mincemeat buried in chili peppers was able to win. Plot was on her side here, she needed Megishima to be fatigued before starting the match and then the author realized the dish Megishima made was so quality he couldn't explain how another dish could surpass it.
    Well it seems you have a point there. The fact that the Author himself did not explain why Rindou kinda won makes her victory seem iffy and Plot related.

  19. #19
    Remember how Jouichirou fought off 50-100 of students continously? Lel.

  20. #20
    So Shouko is not a scrub anymore and is being used to explain Megishima's loss?

    anyways, not a good chapter, felt pretty half assed to me. sure they went for the "smart" move and put all their eggs in one basket to try to tire Eishi/Rindou out but there was no guarantee and you're down your best individual player and also your best team player

    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    chapter is honestly still bad...

    Some explanation on Perfect Trace isn't perfect is good enough reason. Honestly we don't need Kuga's reason for losing simply because he's too outclassed. However the most important and close match isn't even shown at all lmao..

    Info about Souma not taking Eishi on is kinda nice because Eishi vs Isshiki might have better chance than Souma. But they suddenly add a new shit like being tired after the match for Eishi lol... Rindou and Saitou can make sense because Rindou is taking Megishima while Saitou it taking on perfect trace mid battle, but as far as i remember, Eishi didn't change his recipe midway after he saw Kuga's improvement. There's no reason for Eishi to suddenly get more tired because Kuga is doing better than what he was expecting at the start

    - - - Updated - - -



    if i understand the chapter, it's going to be Souma/Aldini/Megumi next
    can't say it's a bad reason since I don't claim to know everything about the sushi world but I'd say it made the most sense though I felt like more elaboration would've been better.

    maybe because Eishi was out of his own element of French cuisine and over compensated?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xuan Lao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote








    Great Potato's comeback for this chapter was neat. Too bad that even full health Megishima wouldn't have defeated Rindou.
    best part of the chapter, pretty nice color spread in a while I think

    Quote Originally Posted by Ink Spot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That italian faggot has no right defeating any of them. Exhausted or not.
    even Eizan?


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •