View Poll Results: rate the chapter

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    1 6.25%
  • 3

    2 12.50%
  • 4

    10 62.50%
  • 5

    3 18.75%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand that, Bozo doesn't help now, Riboku loses and he loses his prized meat tributes. Still, I think that's weak of Bozo not to haggle like Ryofui did with Riboku. He's in the position of power, not SSJ. He could've have demanded more but chose to go out of his way to help Zhao only for the status quo. Riboku wins, things stay the same as before but he seemingly takes a good chunk of causalities against Yotanwa and that's if they can win here. You can chalk that up to Bozo returning the goodwill to Riboku for the tributes up til now, but that's a loss in my book. Riboku loses and not only does he lose some of his men, his mutton stops as well. At least Ryofui seemingly had that city Riboku gave him when Riboku reneged on the alliance deal, this guy takes a double whammy loss with nothing to show for it.
    He's not got that much power though, really. Zhao have given them a City where they're separate from all Zhao laws. If the Quodong don't help Zhao they risk that - not only due to Qin's invasion but also because Zhao may decide it simply isn't worth it to have this tribe casually chilling in their lands. Riboku does well to appease them because ultimately they don't like Zhao and I'm sure Zhao don't like them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shunmen's tribe is actually considered the strongest in moutain lands.
    http://kingdom.wikia.com/wiki/Bird_Fang_Tribe
    Nice find 0_0.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not got that much power though, really. Zhao have given them a City where they're separate from all Zhao laws. If the Quodong don't help Zhao they risk that - not only due to Qin's invasion but also because Zhao may decide it simply isn't worth it to have this tribe casually chilling in their lands. Riboku does well to appease them because ultimately they don't like Zhao and I'm sure Zhao don't like them.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Nice find 0_0.
    In the bigger picture, yeah he doesn't have power if any at all but he's got the power to determine negotiations right now: SSJ is in a tight spot having to come on their territory for help with a blade at his back.

    Zhao's in no position to invest enough forces to take these guys out in the near future. I'm sure Riboku does well to appease them because they're a valuable fighting force if need be, that means imo they can't be taken out easily as you say.

    This is a different matter than Hancock and the Marines if I had to draw a comparison.
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shunmen's tribe is actually considered the strongest in moutain lands.
    http://kingdom.wikia.com/wiki/Bird_Fang_Tribe
    that was before we were introduced to Feego an Mera tribes,Feego king must be a beast considering mountain tribes choose the strongestr as leader.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the bigger picture, yeah he doesn't have power if any at all but he's got the power to determine negotiations right now: SSJ is in a tight spot having to come on their territory for help with a blade at his back.

    Zhao's in no position to invest enough forces to take these guys out in the near future. I'm sure Riboku does well to appease them because they're a valuable fighting force if need be, that means imo they can't be taken out easily as you say.

    This is a different matter than Hancock and the Marines if I had to draw a comparison.
    Fair enough, though SSJ's main logic of "if you don't help us a much bigger army will come and take you on" is logical anyway

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough, though SSJ's main logic of "if you don't help us a much bigger army will come and take you on" is logical anyway
    the flaw in that logic is that SSJ doesn't consider the option that they'd be willing to throw in their lot with Qin as long as Qin doesn't bother them. Though, SSJ really is banking on that meat pleasing Bozo and Bozo seems to be addicted to it like opium.
    All Hail Aldo Jones


    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  6. #46
    Skraawwk!! Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    18,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still unsure on what the concern actually is tbh. Maybe I'm too stupid but I couldn't make sense of it lol.
    lol Nah, it's not that. Crispi doesn't want a manga where the only thing that matters is increasing physical powers of certain players while reducing the importance of strategy. Sort of like in the transition from Dragonball to DBZ, where techniques and planning took a sideline to just who was more powerful at the moment. Strength is and should be important, but Crispi doesn't want to see where the characters have to become more and more powerful and eventually leave what he feels is the more interesting part of the manga behind.



  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol Nah, it's not that. Crispi doesn't want a manga where the only thing that matters is increasing physical powers of certain players while reducing the importance of strategy. Sort of like in the transition from Dragonball to DBZ, where techniques and planning took a sideline to just who was more powerful at the moment. Strength is and should be important, but Crispi doesn't want to see where the characters have to become more and more powerful and eventually leave what he feels is the more interesting part of the manga behind.
    oooooooh. Well....I don't see that happening

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be an almost odd thing for two mountain tribes who have only ever won through brutal and direct conquest to suddenly start developing extremely complex methods for victory when all their other methods have been, "Run really fast and hit really hard."
    Nah, that's exactly what reader is always complaining about.. How Yotanwa only win because her army spec is higher. And somehow when Hara decide to introduce a worthy enemy, some decide to say that it's odd for Yotanwa to strategize

    We really don't know much about how the mountain men war with each Other, but there's really nothing to be surprised if they have some strategy. Especially when we know they have advanced construction skills like what they have in the early chapters

  9. #49
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    oooooooh. Well....I don't see that happening
    we had a wonderful occasion with shuusuiju vs yotanwa, as the former has received very well formed brain hype&feats in the pre-war and yotanwa is still undefeated and reminded us of how powerful her army is at retsubi, superhumanly powerful.

    but instead of giving us the very much anticipated (at least by me) matchup, they flip it into a superhuman vs even-more-superhuman battle with a tribe that has been unmistakably dropped from someone's ass the other day. Now, if shuusuiju wins with the help of these guys he doesn't get the shade of a merit, while if yotanwa beats shuusuiju+quanrong when the premises were that shuusuiju thought he could route her army single handedly and quanrong showed to be superior to her elite, then we'd have her skyrocketing in circles of the hype paradise where she basically.. already is. So we're wasting a well built commander and an asspull card to do something unnecessary just for the sake of having the Qin side severely disadvantaged and have them overcome such odds.

    the balance was very well kept during riboku vs ousen's first day, i don't know how hara could screw this other battle scenario so fast. Maybe he realizes the vast majority of his readers are typically shounen enthusiast and he thinks lazy solutions like these are still going to be liked regardless, i wouldn't know.


  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    while if yotanwa beats shuusuiju+quanrong when the premises were that shuusuiju thought he could route her army single handedly and quanrong showed to be superior to her elite, then we'd have her skyrocketing in circles of the hype paradise where she basically.. already is.
    nah, she will get actual great feats to solidify her status as one of the best great general alive atm.

    So far she's all hype with no real great feats.


    agreed that Shunsuijuu's winning doesn't really give him anything though

  11. #51
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,507
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nah, she will get actual great feats to solidify her status as one of the best great general alive atm.

    So far she's all hype with no real great feats.


    agreed that Shunsuijuu's winning doesn't really give him anything though
    it's exactly what I don't like. Yotanwa getting divine feats, and the necessity to shoot even higher for future threats to be a challenge for her. It's been my point all along, it's not just limited to the martial power of her army and the introduction of quanrong, although it's probably the bullshit of the day.


  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we had a wonderful occasion with shuusuiju vs yotanwa, as the former has received very well formed brain hype&feats in the pre-war and yotanwa is still undefeated and reminded us of how powerful her army is at retsubi, superhumanly powerful.

    but instead of giving us the very much anticipated (at least by me) matchup, they flip it into a superhuman vs even-more-superhuman battle with a tribe that has been unmistakably dropped from someone's ass the other day. Now, if shuusuiju wins with the help of these guys he doesn't get the shade of a merit, while if yotanwa beats shuusuiju+quanrong when the premises were that shuusuiju thought he could route her army single handedly and quanrong showed to be superior to her elite, then we'd have her skyrocketing in circles of the hype paradise where she basically.. already is. So we're wasting a well built commander and an asspull card to do something unnecessary just for the sake of having the Qin side severely disadvantaged and have them overcome such odds.

    the balance was very well kept during riboku vs ousen's first day, i don't know how hara could screw this other battle scenario so fast. Maybe he realizes the vast majority of his readers are typically shounen enthusiast and he thinks lazy solutions like these are still going to be liked regardless, i wouldn't know.
    Depends on the type of general you think Shuusuiju is I guess. I don't see him as being much of an in-battle tactician who beats opponents with formations, he seems to be a strategist who focuses on the bigger picture. Look at Chousou - he did nothing at Bayou for the majority other than order Shoumou, Rihaku, Fuuki, Kousonryuu and Mangoku around. The one time he did get involved was to make Houken appear and lure Moubu into a trap. The exact same thing has happened here - only the Quonrong have replaced the boulders. It was still a great strategy. Here, Shuusuiju riled up the opponent and lured them into a trap as well.

    Plus of course this is still day 1. I said it a few weeks ago but people seem so hasty to jump to negativity over what they think will happen well into the future. If Shuusuiju just stands still for the rest of the war and leaves it up to the Quonrong then I could see your point (though I still maintain the strategist vs tactician point). This is only step 1 of what will likely be a multi-layered battle.

  13. #53
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on the type of general you think Shuusuiju is I guess. I don't see him as being much of an in-battle tactician who beats opponents with formations, he seems to be a strategist who focuses on the bigger picture. Look at Chousou - he did nothing at Bayou for the majority other than order Shoumou, Rihaku, Fuuki, Kousonryuu and Mangoku around. The one time he did get involved was to make Houken appear and lure Moubu into a trap. The exact same thing has happened here - only the Quonrong have replaced the boulders. It was still a great strategy. Here, Shuusuiju riled up the opponent and lured them into a trap as well.

    Plus of course this is still day 1. I said it a few weeks ago but people seem so hasty to jump to negativity over what they think will happen well into the future. If Shuusuiju just stands still for the rest of the war and leaves it up to the Quonrong then I could see your point (though I still maintain the strategist vs tactician point). This is only step 1 of what will likely be a multi-layered battle.
    except, nobody really complained about boulders, because we're all aware boulders exist in ancient china. Instead, people complain about riboku bringing 40k men in a started battle simply because they weren't aware they existed, even if riboku had that planned for a long time. Now quonrong are objectively on a worse level too, cuz they're not just an asspull army, but they are a broken as hell asspull army, brought in the picture with a pitiful -pitiful- excuse from shuusuijuu's part, and made ad hoc for being a physical hardcounter to yotanwa.

    In one line: a lazy solution. But i think saying it in french gives a better idea: shit writing.


  14. #54
    Mmmm. Beeeer. Zentos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But i think saying it in french gives a better idea: shit writing.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    except, nobody really complained about boulders, because we're all aware boulders exist in ancient china. Instead, people complain about riboku bringing 40k men in a started battle simply because they weren't aware they existed, even if riboku had that planned for a long time. Now quonrong are objectively on a worse level too, cuz they're not just an asspull army, but they are a broken as hell asspull army, brought in the picture with a pitiful -pitiful- excuse from shuusuijuu's part, and made ad hoc for being a physical hardcounter to yotanwa.
    Supposedly this Quonrong group existed as well lol. But here I'm talking about Shuusuiju and how his actions don't reflect badly on him at all, really. How was the excuse pitiful? "Help us now or a bigger army will come for you" is logical and makes sense lol. The food part I think Hara just threw in to give us some character traits. It's a minor detail lol. We've no idea how 'broken' this lot are either. We don't know their numbers and for all we know, they're a bunch of morons. I'm not expecting anything crazy just because they looked very impressive in a head on clash in their first 3 pages.

    In one line: a lazy solution. But i think saying it in french gives a better idea: shit writing.

  16. #56
    Crispi is just mad because Shuusuiju was just overshadowed and made irrelevant. This Quonrong king is now the big threat to deal with while Shuusuiju is going to meet his end by the blade of Heki.

  17. #57
    It is noticeable how any time a Crispi favorite is defeated or doesn't look great, he complains and blames shit writing

  18. #58
    Crispickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    43,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Supposedly this Quonrong group existed as well lol.
    it's not about its existence prior to this moment, it's about our awareness of it.

    if even 30 or 300 chapters ago we had one line of a mention to this party of werewolves sitting somewhere in zhao, this would not be an asspull, instead, it would have been amazing writing. This much could have changed it. But no, the truth is that hara didn't plan this at all, and it's hardly anything new. We know that creating unpredictable matchups is his big quality, just as much as escaping these deadlocks is his recurring flaw.

    But here I'm talking about Shuusuiju and how his actions don't reflect badly on him at all, really. How was the excuse pitiful? "Help us now or a bigger army will come for you" is logical and makes sense lol. The food part I think Hara just threw in to give us some character traits. It's a minor detail lol. We've no idea how 'broken' this lot are either.
    that's not what i was talking about at all. It's shuusuiju's excuse to retreat, not the way he convinced rozo the bozo.



    this is what's pitiful. Last week i thought he wanted to lead them in an ambush, given also how he provoked yotanwa at his entrance. But no, it could not be something so cheap. Why not check on the never mentioned tribe suddenly sitting in a multiple-times mentioned town, waiting just to eat the lesser versions of themselves alive?

    We don't know their numbers and for all we know, they're a bunch of morons. I'm not expecting anything crazy just because they looked very impressive in a head on clash in their first 3 pages.
    what you are or not expecting isn't the point here. I found myself wondering if we read the same manga a lot of times, but if you read the last chapter and you conclude the quonrong's average isn't stronger than yotanwa's army average, then i'm the most worried i've ever been.


  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is noticeable how any time a Crispi favorite is defeated or doesn't look great, he complains and blames shit writing
    to be fair, some of them is really a bad writing. ie. Riboku is written badly on almost, if not all of his portrayal/hype/feats

  20. #60
    No.1 Wasted Potential SpiRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    3,483
    I really hate this horse jumping and running down the cliff bullshit tho..
    Kong Facts ~ 19.7.2017
    KONG FACTS ~ 19.7.2017

    Atheists are declining!

    The way Europe is going, it will be Muslim in a few generations!

    China is evangelizing on a scale this world has never seen!

    China will be biggest Christian country!

    Atheist are not even 2%!

    Atheists don't even breed!

    Science is Religion!

    Atheism hampered science!
    Kong Facts ~ One Piece Edition
    -Carrot, Sanji and Pedro are Big Mom Pirates!
    -Mihawk was talking about PHYSICAL distance across the ice!
    Time to fill my signature with more intelligent posters of MF

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course they do, they pick up shit like psychology, philosophy and art, because they can't finish any decent major. They can't contribute to society in any way. Freeloaders, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grasping for air is much worse than losing half of the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhm, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Mom's probably weaker than all the admirals, Marco and King as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. Mihawk is stronger than both Shanks and Akainu. He can win against this version of Whitebeard with high or extreme difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, yeah. Steven Hawking never did anything to better humanity's place on this earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no such thing as free education. But even if it did exist... it would be awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That CUNT SpiRo can get the fuck out. The act of watching graphic stuff like that is not in and of itself bad. Ive always had a fascination with snuff and disturbing films. If youre going to argue that im not a good person or whatever because of that, then i guess every single person who likes action movies, manga, sports or anything that contains physical combat and violence must also be the same. There is a distinction between having an INTEREST in something and ADVOCATING or APPROVING of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu is stronger than Shanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean do I think Vergo could beat Sanji, it already happened in the manga.

    Zoro is stronger than Vergo, was the same seat level as Pica and Zoro effortlessly put him down.

    Zoro would beat Sanji with even less difficulty than he beat Pica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy. The guy can stitch his internal organs after taking a Counter Shock hit, sword wounds are a piece of cake for him. Vista's Mihawk level Haki and base stats would probably push Doffy to high-difficulty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy with a sword. Plain and simple. It's same like beating Buggy with a sword or Jozu with a sword. It's impossible, use your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evidence is the anime filler and common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy>Jozu>Cracker.The Manga show´s it pretty clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the last battle of MF Whitebeard where he KO'ed Akainu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy cannot fight Mihawk for even 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Base Teach was able to defeat that pre-prime Shanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu couldn't continue fighting while WB could. Pretty clear cut to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Fujitora is one of the fastest characters in the world if you did not know well you learned something today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zoro>Vergo>Smoker>Sanji
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu, by some luck, didn't fall into the sea, he probably caught a piece of ground and cling onto it until he regained his consciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also we know that BM already defeated Kaido at least once or even twice.
    DreX the "Intelligent" earned a special spot for all his remarkable claims

    October 6, 2007: Chapter 473: Kuma appears and obviously uses his DF ability.
    September 8, 2008: Chapter 513: Sentoumaru explains Kuma's ability.
    April 24, 2017: DreX has a THEORY how "Repelling gotta be a part of Kuma's Devil Fruit ability"
    DreX the Asswiper. Is a pro who wipes asses with a Don!

    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it has nothing to do with 'imports' or whatever. Half the fault falls on the one being rapped rather than the one rapping. I mean, it's like putting a tasty pizza with mayo on it in front of the hungry you, switch on the quite music, prepare the drinks, and yet ask you no to eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    okey.
    So, Shanks is the protege of the PK? and Mihawk is the protege of the Apes king ? both of them were on the same ship idiot, not even a hint on who Roger preferred from the both in the manga, and when did i fucking say that Shanks has no potential, didn't even say that he falls to Mihawk in that aspect, i'm merely saying that we can say who.

    Monkey, Mihawk said that he ain't fighting Shanks in that specific meeting of their, and it was in a sarcastic way of denying because he didn't come for fighting unlike usual, he came for showing him Luffy's poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every CoA is hardening but not every hardening is CoA
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Retard, Shanks lost deliberately to that marine snake. Why would he want to heal his lost arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand you want to pride yourself with my sayings in ur sig but don't overdo it, ur sig reeks shit so it doesn't stand to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course my sig reeks of shit when i have you in my sig.
    DreX "making fun" of serious religion Pastafarianism..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •