View Poll Results: rate the chapter

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1

    0 0%
  • 2

    1 6.25%
  • 3

    2 12.50%
  • 4

    10 62.50%
  • 5

    3 18.75%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 94
  1. #21
    I see what You say with shonnen arms Race. but quarong Was introduced long time ago, The army has already have a background. If tawnwa goes to zhao and dont face his mountain tribes It be disapointing.

    And Like other mentioned , I really like to see tanwa facing someone who has an army as strong physically as his.
    I just hope this does not become a dispute of who has the more "superhuman and beast overpower soldiers" and we can see some mountains tactics here

    - - - Updated - - -

    After This chapt. I'm really hyped with SSJ BG.

    Does he kill someone relevant in this campaign?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe. But that's what Crispi is worried about. When Yotanwa defeats this tribe after previously trashing Zhao forces then the next time she struggles it has to be a force of even greater physical prowess, thus entering its own Shonen Arms Race of sorts.
    why though? there's no guarantee it will end like that

    The next can be some strategist like how Riboku cleanly wipe the Xiong Nu with strategic battle instead of an army with great physical stats.

  3. #23
    See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    20,251
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why though? there's no guarantee it will end like that

    The next can be some strategist like how Riboku cleanly wipe the Xiong Nu with strategic battle instead of an army with great physical stats.
    It would be an almost odd thing for two mountain tribes who have only ever won through brutal and direct conquest to suddenly start developing extremely complex methods for victory when all their other methods have been, "Run really fast and hit really hard."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFuneral View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see what You say with shonnen arms Race. but quarong Was introduced long time ago, The army has already have a background. If tawnwa goes to zhao and dont face his mountain tribes It be disapointing.

    And Like other mentioned , I really like to see tanwa facing someone who has an army as strong physically as his.
    I just hope this does not become a dispute of who has the more "superhuman and beast overpower soldiers" and we can see some mountains tactics here

    - - - Updated - - -

    After This chapt. I'm really hyped with SSJ BG.

    Does he kill someone relevant in this campaign?
    That's what Crispi doesn't want: Who is the more physically terrifying. There are some mountains around there, but it looks like they'll be fighting on flatter and more even ground and so mountain tactics may not apply.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by gn_x00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why though? there's no guarantee it will end like that

    The next can be some strategist like how Riboku cleanly wipe the Xiong Nu with strategic battle instead of an army with great physical stats.
    ^ This.

    Plus we still don't know;

    - how big this army is;
    - if we're seeing Rozo's elites right now or just normal guys
    - where Shunmens's army rank in Yotanwa's army. It's likely not in her top 3, anyway.

    The only thing I'm not too keen on is that these guys may become 1-arc opponents. Logically we have to have them in every arc, but I like the major hitters (if that's what Rozo is) to be more established. But hey for all we know Yotanwa will clean up here and Rozo won't be all that, so....
    Last edited by Kanki; 08-24-2017 at 03:24 PM.

  5. #25
    asuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Waco TX
    Posts
    35
    yo?
    im bored

  6. #26
    See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    20,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^ This.

    Plus we still don't know;

    - how big this army is;
    - if we're seeing Rozo's elites right now or just normal guys
    - where Shunmens's army rank in Yotanwa's army. It's likely not in her top 3, anyway.

    The only thing I'm not too keen on is that these guys may become 1-arc opponents. Logically we have to have them in every arc, but I like the major hitters (if that's what Rozo is) to be more established. But hey for all we know Yotanwa will clean up here and Rozo won't be all that, so....
    We do know there's a city of them so it's not like we think there's only a few thousand of them running around.

    While we -could- be seeing elites and that Shunmen is more or less just a regular guy (and the other dead mountain tribes who heretofore have been generally trashing trained infantrymen), that would then be a tremendous deflation of the forces we are seeing. And that is entering into the same problem except in the opposite direction but with the same outcome of Yotanwa's mountain forces being something nearly impossible to challenge head on and therefore always forcing them into odd situations.

    It would work like this: Extremely powerful enemy has presented itself to challenge the powerful mountain tribes of Yotanwa. Extremely powerful mountain tribe is actually a paper dragon that gets steamrolled because they're actually just not powerful nor possibly are there enough of them to even be considered a credible threat to the united mountain tribes under Yotanwa.

  7. #27
    Ichiryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Parliaments
    Posts
    18,733
    Enemy look like monsters, but I have a feeling that the mountain tribes can still show their monstrous side as well. I hope Yotanwa crushes this guy who is getting cocky.
    @Great Potato; opinion on horses this chapter?

    RIP Chester, you'll always be loved and missed.




    The Gourmet Legion - President Ichiryuu
    Join The Toriko Club, Read Toriko here!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We do know there's a city of them so it's not like we think there's only a few thousand of them running around.

    While we -could- be seeing elites and that Shunmen is more or less just a regular guy (and the other dead mountain tribes who heretofore have been generally trashing trained infantrymen), that would then be a tremendous deflation of the forces we are seeing. And that is entering into the same problem except in the opposite direction but with the same outcome of Yotanwa's mountain forces being something nearly impossible to challenge head on and therefore always forcing them into odd situations.

    It would work like this: Extremely powerful enemy has presented itself to challenge the powerful mountain tribes of Yotanwa. Extremely powerful mountain tribe is actually a paper dragon that gets steamrolled because they're actually just not powerful nor possibly are there enough of them to even be considered a credible threat to the united mountain tribes under Yotanwa.
    Shunmen has 90 strenght tho.But if you look carefully that guys horse jumped and he took Shunmen by suprise.

  9. #29
    Yeah Shunmen at 90 definitely isn't inferior to run of the mill Quonrong dudes.

  10. #30
    See you in the desert... Makenzye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    20,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgolen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shunmen has 90 strenght tho.But if you look carefully that guys horse jumped and he took Shunmen by suprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah Shunmen at 90 definitely isn't inferior to run of the mill Quonrong dudes.
    I meant if Shunmen is meant to be more along the lines of a standard mountain tribesman.


    Regardless of Shunmen's standing to what may be elites or regular folk, none of that really addresses Crispi's concern.

  11. #31
    say-and-sing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    here tokay
    Posts
    3,071
    About the chapter, yay, SSJ got his own Houken.
    A more politically (and mutton) interested Houken, see the "dirt under his boots", but still

    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe. But that's what Crispi is worried about. When Yotanwa defeats this tribe after previously trashing Zhao forces then the next time she struggles it has to be a force of even greater physical prowess, thus entering its own Shonen Arms Race of sorts.
    I don't seem to get the point. Are we not already long past this point since FD?

    Kyoukai had to go on vacation even before FD.
    Ouhon slayed 96str Earl Shi.
    Tou & younglings kept all of Wei in check.
    Kanki snacked Keisha and is praised to be on par with Riboku.
    Ousen is mirrored with Riboku this arc.
    HSU got two top ten archers.


  12. #32
    No.1 Wasted Potential SpiRo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by giantbiceps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    King's name is Rozo


    Seriously couldn't Hara think of better name than Zoro
    Last edited by SpiRo; 08-24-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    Kong Facts ~ 19.7.2017
    KONG FACTS ~ 19.7.2017

    Atheists are declining!

    The way Europe is going, it will be Muslim in a few generations!

    China is evangelizing on a scale this world has never seen!

    China will be biggest Christian country!

    Atheist are not even 2%!

    Atheists don't even breed!

    Science is Religion!

    Atheism hampered science!
    Kong Facts ~ One Piece Edition
    -Carrot, Sanji and Pedro are Big Mom Pirates!
    -Mihawk was talking about PHYSICAL distance across the ice!
    Time to fill my signature with more intelligent posters of MF

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course they do, they pick up shit like psychology, philosophy and art, because they can't finish any decent major. They can't contribute to society in any way. Freeloaders, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grasping for air is much worse than losing half of the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhm, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big Mom's probably weaker than all the admirals, Marco and King as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake from State Farm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rare events are a dime a dozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borsalino View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. Mihawk is stronger than both Shanks and Akainu. He can win against this version of Whitebeard with high or extreme difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha, yeah. Steven Hawking never did anything to better humanity's place on this earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Richie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no such thing as free education. But even if it did exist... it would be awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReXDrake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That CUNT SpiRo can get the fuck out. The act of watching graphic stuff like that is not in and of itself bad. Ive always had a fascination with snuff and disturbing films. If youre going to argue that im not a good person or whatever because of that, then i guess every single person who likes action movies, manga, sports or anything that contains physical combat and violence must also be the same. There is a distinction between having an INTEREST in something and ADVOCATING or APPROVING of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu is stronger than Shanks though
    Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you mean do I think Vergo could beat Sanji, it already happened in the manga.

    Zoro is stronger than Vergo, was the same seat level as Pica and Zoro effortlessly put him down.

    Zoro would beat Sanji with even less difficulty than he beat Pica.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy. The guy can stitch his internal organs after taking a Counter Shock hit, sword wounds are a piece of cake for him. Vista's Mihawk level Haki and base stats would probably push Doffy to high-difficulty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No swordsmen can beat Doffy with a sword. Plain and simple. It's same like beating Buggy with a sword or Jozu with a sword. It's impossible, use your brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evidence is the anime filler and common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy>Jozu>Cracker.The Manga show´s it pretty clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mihawk has more Hype,better portrayal and the better feats.

    Aokiji had problems with Jozu.

    Mihawk is also for now the strongest Char in the Series.Thats for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Efege View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The World know that Mihawk is the WSS.He is just as famous and dangerous as the yonkous.The only difference is that he has no crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the last battle of MF Whitebeard where he KO'ed Akainu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doffy cannot fight Mihawk for even 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even Base Teach was able to defeat that pre-prime Shanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bald Headed Negro View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu couldn't continue fighting while WB could. Pretty clear cut to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes Fujitora is one of the fastest characters in the world if you did not know well you learned something today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donquixote Doflamingo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Zoro>Vergo>Smoker>Sanji
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Akainu, by some luck, didn't fall into the sea, he probably caught a piece of ground and cling onto it until he regained his consciousness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkan12 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also we know that BM already defeated Kaido at least once or even twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark777 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So OuHon's weight is already HEAVIER than Duke Hyou's.
    DreX the "Intelligent" earned a special spot for all his remarkable claims

    October 6, 2007: Chapter 473: Kuma appears and obviously uses his DF ability.
    September 8, 2008: Chapter 513: Sentoumaru explains Kuma's ability.
    April 24, 2017: DreX has a THEORY how "Repelling gotta be a part of Kuma's Devil Fruit ability"
    DreX the Asswiper. Is a pro who wipes asses with a Don!

    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, it has nothing to do with 'imports' or whatever. Half the fault falls on the one being rapped rather than the one rapping. I mean, it's like putting a tasty pizza with mayo on it in front of the hungry you, switch on the quite music, prepare the drinks, and yet ask you no to eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    okey.
    So, Shanks is the protege of the PK? and Mihawk is the protege of the Apes king ? both of them were on the same ship idiot, not even a hint on who Roger preferred from the both in the manga, and when did i fucking say that Shanks has no potential, didn't even say that he falls to Mihawk in that aspect, i'm merely saying that we can say who.

    Monkey, Mihawk said that he ain't fighting Shanks in that specific meeting of their, and it was in a sarcastic way of denying because he didn't come for fighting unlike usual, he came for showing him Luffy's poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every CoA is hardening but not every hardening is CoA
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Retard, Shanks lost deliberately to that marine snake. Why would he want to heal his lost arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand you want to pride yourself with my sayings in ur sig but don't overdo it, ur sig reeks shit so it doesn't stand to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiRo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course my sig reeks of shit when i have you in my sig.
    DreX "making fun" of serious religion Pastafarianism..

  13. #33
    Ousen is a genius despite not appear in this chapter he still able to predicted the outcome of the battle and those mountain's tribes will be recruited by him since they are stupid as Shin.

  14. #34
    King of Connect 4 DoflaMihawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,378
    What do they feed horses in this series?!?

  15. #35
    didn't like this chapter

    Bozo shows himself to be quite the easy woman, getting bribed by meat and terrible negotiating. Well, at least Yotanwa will show us her brains instead of her power this time ... I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispinianus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is getting ridiculous

    worst chapter of the campaign, with terrible promises for the next ones to come
    ^

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Makenzye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    none of that really addresses Crispi's concern.
    I'm still unsure on what the concern actually is tbh. Maybe I'm too stupid but I couldn't make sense of it lol.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Void View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    didn't like this chapter

    Bozo shows himself to be quite the easy woman, getting bribed by meat and terrible negotiating.
    about the negotiation, I think it's quite clear that something unspoken went beetween the 2. I think that shuinsujiu subtly told rozo that if they lose riboku will be executed... since he said "... riboku sama will still be able..."

  18. #38
    If Riboku is dies they may lose their main ally, causing a civil war between Zhao and them, since they're in Zhao territory. Their arrangement benefits all.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by behindthelight View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    about the negotiation, I think it's quite clear that something unspoken went beetween the 2. I think that shuinsujiu subtly told rozo that if they lose riboku will be executed... since he said "... riboku sama will still be able..."
    I understand that, Bozo doesn't help now, Riboku loses and he loses his prized meat tributes. Still, I think that's weak of Bozo not to haggle like Ryofui did with Riboku. He's in the position of power, not SSJ. He could've have demanded more but chose to go out of his way to help Zhao only for the status quo. Riboku wins, things stay the same as before but he seemingly takes a good chunk of causalities against Yotanwa and that's if they can win here. You can chalk that up to Bozo returning the goodwill to Riboku for the tributes up til now, but that's a loss in my book. Riboku loses and not only does he lose some of his men, his mutton stops as well. At least Ryofui seemingly had that city Riboku gave him when Riboku reneged on the alliance deal, this guy takes a double whammy loss with nothing to show for it.

    The Glorious Fellowship of the Round Jacuzzi:
    https://i.imgur.com/tDbgtsy.jpg

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - where Shunmens's army rank in Yotanwa's army. It's likely not in her top 3, anyway.
    Shunmen's tribe is actually considered the strongest in moutain lands.
    http://kingdom.wikia.com/wiki/Bird_Fang_Tribe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •